British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2017

To be fair and honest i know very little about Greaves,but is he not only 18,is he not just finding his feet.Who knows how he will fair.There's one thing for sure there's plenty of experience in our line up especially Fred and Adam who could well give the young lad a helping hand and bring him on.So yes he appears to be a weak starter but what about Potential.Lets hope Steve he proves a few points to the knockers from poole

I've seen a bit of Greaves at Birmingham the past 2 seasons and he has barely improved from his 1st season. But you are right he is still young and learning so you never know I guess.

Wolves are stronger than Poole in the HL department I agree.

Agree about the Kyle's as well. Howarth is always a consistent performer in the PL so next years format will not be a problem for him.

Agree again that Palovaara wouldn't get near Skornicki's average at home but my logic was to get a stronger reserve than Greaves. Ayres is a Cradley rider in 2017.

Skornicki will always score well around Monmore. But my logic as stated above was to get a stronger reserve than Greaves.

All joking aside their isn't anything wrong with the top 5 (Just as good as anyone else's). Just the reserves who are the problem.

Greaves wont last long imo. I can see Ayres or Perry (Both Cradley riders in 2017) replacing Greaves at some point.

Think most teams will be swapping and rotating there number 7's next season.

If there is scope to bring in a stronger reserve to partner Clegg, I'm sure they will like any other team with a 2 pointer struggling.

As for Skornicki - once he has had a few competitive meetings he will be fine.

He has proved he is the man for the big occasions as already demonstrated with Wolves and Poole.

Come the talking end of the season that's when Adam will be able to step it up.

I have no real issues with Adam coming back unlike some.

I'm glad we have gone with the Adam & 2 pointer combo because there was nothing on the points available to give us any other benefit to what we already have. As already stated I think we would have been weaker.

A stringer reserve to partner Clegg would have been an advantage but there is nobody likely who could come close to remotely replicating what Adam is likely to bring.

You were going well until the last paragraph. It's precisely that emotional attachment that repeatedly colours your opinion of the Poole line-up, year after year. Of course, more seasons than not Poole put a strong side into the fray. But I don't ever recall you expressing an iota of dissatisfaction with the selection before tapes up (though stand to be corrected!).

How many Poole fans show real dissatisfaction of the Poole team? Not many because most of the time Matt Ford does a tremendous job. The results speak for themselves and the team again looks powerful for next season.

There are question marks over Kurtz. At times he was very good and at other times woeful. If he replaces his woeful meetings with decent scores it will be a good improvement. It was his first season in the top flight so know he knows the tracks I expect an improvement. Holder has a hell of a lot of ability and he should be pushing Kurtz all the way.

Klindt as we all know is all over the place with his scoring. Double figures followed by 0,0,1. Needs consistency. And young Shanes who I have never seen ride is going to find it extremely tough to score any points at all. Can't be more honest than that. But when I look at other teams I have to say Poole look one of the best if not the best team named so far. Time will tell of course but if we can avoid the injuries that took away our chance last season I fancy us to be there or thereabouts.

Last 10 meetings, with or without bonus points see Woffinden over 2 points better than Joonas Kylmakorpi. 2 points is two more for you and two less for the opposition plus 0.25 of a point in heat 15 more and less. That's a 4.5 swing per meetings so a 9 point swing over two legs.http://speedway-stats.co.uk/RiderForm/15/2016/1

It was clear the change made a big difference. Anyone who can't see this just doesn't want to see it as it doesn't support their angle. Edited by Steve Shovlar

How many Poole fans show real dissatisfaction of the Poole team? Not many because most of the time Matt Ford does a tremendous job. The results speak for themselves and the team again looks powerful for next season.

There are question marks over Kurtz. At times he was very good and at other times woeful. If he replaces his woeful meetings with decent scores it will be a good improvement. It was his first season in the top flight so know he knows the tracks I expect an improvement. Holder has a hell of a lot of ability and he should be pushing Kurtz all the way.

Klindt as we all know is all over the place with his scoring. Double figures followed by 0,0,1. Needs consistency. And young Shanes who I have never seen ride is going to find it extremely tough to score any points at all. Can't be more honest than that. But when I look at other teams I have to say Poole look one of the best if not the best team named so far. Time will tell of course but if we can avoid the injuries that took away our chance last season I fancy us to be there or thereabouts.

It was clear the change made a big difference. Anyone who can't see this just doesn't want to see it as it doesn't support their angle.

Perhaps we could sit down one day and discuss the difference between "an iota of dissatisfaction" and "real dissatisfaction". You miss the point there, deliberately or merely obtusely. Otherwise, fair enough.

In passing, on Woffinden, of course he made a difference. It's a question of degree. There was such an outpouring of woe at the time that anyone would think he'd reeled off five-ride maximums in every match. I think the general thrust from Wolves fans has been yes, he contributed to a level above that of Kylmakorpi but not perhaps to the extent that supporters of other clubs appeared to indicate. There is, of course, the psychological impact of fielding a world champion, to which others have alluded. No doubt SCB's quarter of a point advantage in all the heat 15s were also crucial, particularly the two in the play-ofs in which he did not feature.

• Like 1

......Steve Shovlar.........young Shanes who I have never seen ride is going to find it extremely tough to score any points at all.

Steve don't worry about the points just sit back and enjoy his brilliant style of riding as it is a joy to behold. He was my favourite rider to watch when he rode for the young Coventry side so I envy you being able to see him every week.

• Like 1

Maybe this has been commented on already but how does Skornicki come in on a 7.22 ave, last EL figure i see him having is 6.14 (X 1.4 = 8.60)?

It has been commented on. It was confirmed he has been reassessed at 7.22 (not sure if that's his reassessed average X 1.4 or not).

Maybe this has been commented on already but how does Skornicki come in on a 7.22 ave, last EL figure i see him having is 6.14 (X 1.4 = 8.60)?

Nobody knows. Even if they have given him the 8% a year injury reduction that's 5.20 x 1.4 = 7.28.

But he hasn't been out injured for two seasons as he's been riding on the continent (albeit it very little)

Nobody knows. Even if they have given him the 8% a year injury reduction that's 5.20 x 1.4 = 7.28.

But he hasn't been out injured for two seasons as he's been riding on the continent (albeit it very little)

Once wasn't it before the outings in the UK in October??

I wish they would just make the decision common knowledge!!

It was clear the change made a big difference. Anyone who can't see this just doesn't want to see it as it doesn't support their angle.

You have nothing to worry about with young Shanes. A fine prospect who will definitely pick up useful points.

Teams are being built in different ways as usual and it depends which way is the best but at present with seven of the nine teams all but sorted, Kings Lynn, Poole, Rye House and Wolverhampton are the four strongest with at least two strong heat leaders in the team.

Poole have gone with a big top two in Kasprzak and Andersen and backed them up with four riders that can all be match winners but importantly they will always have a strong reserve. Kings Lynn are much the same with two decent reserves and a clear strong top three and both have one rider on a modest average in Klindt and Batchelor which is a bonus.

Rye House have a great top four, especially if Watt gets back to the form we know he can be and Robson is a decent second string. However like Wolves, they have gambled on the reserves not needing to be too important as both have gone with young inexperienced riders who are still fresh from the National League.

Wolves have a great top three which all return from the title winning team and Masters starts with a old PL average rather than his EL assessed average which is over a point higher and Adam Skornicki on a reduced 7.22 average as he hasn't officially ridden here since 2013 as his scores in 2014 were taken away as Birmingham folded mid season. The question is how effective will a 40 year old rider be after a few years out but looking at other teams second strings, he should be capable of matching the likes of Porsing, Bellego, Lasse Bjerre and Jack Holder at least.

Kyle Howarth is more of a worry on a 7.18 average which looks high but Stuart Robson is on 7.09 and can be judged to be along the same strength and is about level also with Newman and Kerr who have lower averages. For me had Wolves been able to have tempted to have bought back Klindt, Howarth would have been the more likely to have struggled than Skornicki and using Klindt would have meant they had around 1.8 extra to sign a number seven to start alongside Clegg.

Maybe Bewley or Williamson may offer a bit more than Greaves but would it have made much difference, maybe a point or two but Wolves base themselves on loyalty and as a member of the title winning team, Howarth was given another season and as pointed out already, he should be a match for most other teams second string that possibly starts at number two.

The second strings and possible weak reserves are the question for the Wolves title defence but had they of gone with Musielak, Klindt and Morris instead of Skornicki, Howarth and Greaves would they have been any better off really ?

Certainly one of the stronger teams so far and if Skornicki and Howarth can be 5-6 point riders, they will be hard to beat as that heat leader trio will win races which upto last season was a problem at Wolves and like 2016 it is hard to see any team coming away from Monmore with much more than a long journey home with some chips from the local choppy.

• Like 2

There may come a time, hopefully before the sun burns out, when you accept that riders have thrown off their shackles sufficiently to decide for themselves where they seek employment.

Yes, Klindt would have been a good signing; yes, he's an asset; yes, when you look at the initial team building it appeared that he was a piece in the puzzle which would have fitted neatly. The hiatus before announcing the remainder of the line-up would suggest that there was something of an enforced re-think.

But all this 'Wolves should have' is just howling at the moon if the rider would prefer to be somewhere else.

Obviously CVS/Adams are going cheap. Since Klindt didn't sign, he is their asset and would have been a superb signing on that average.

Are you a politician? You haven't answered the question!! You have only said who you don't want if Klindt is an option, no point going on about a rider you can't have.

Skornicki on the average his is coming in on could be a bargain.

No, I am not a politician. Wolves have cocked up, be grateful. Skornicki was never a World Beater, and hasn't sat on a bike for two years.

Obviously CVS/Adams are going cheap. Since Klindt didn't sign, he is their asset and would have been a superb signing on that average.

No, I am not a politician. Wolves have cocked up, be grateful. Skornicki was never a World Beater, and hasn't sat on a bike for two years.

Having ridden for Poole i have a lot of time for Skornicki as a person and as a rider and he must know that he cant trundle round and expect to stay in the team so i am sure he will ride at least well enough to maintain his average.

The problem for this team is Howarth and the reserves, Poole wrongly got some stick for sacking him once when he was out of form and i think some think there is more to come from him but not sure there is and doubt he will maintain his average.

Edited by foreverblue

Having ridden for Poole i have a lot of time for Skornicki as a person and as a rider and he must know that he cant trundle round and expect to stay in the team so i am sure he will ride at least well enough to maintain his average.

I think he will be like Bjarne for Poole this season. Looks the slowest rider in the world yet racks up points. Bjarne looked so slow but would rack up points.