British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

Who cares now about the dodgy bends 3 and 4 when finally the track produced races like this

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=30RQkaWJh9A

And this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BI_VXpOmwyk

• Like 5

Source/link?

SGP.com said other Premiership teams had been blocked from signing local lads Cooke & the Worrall twins as well as u21 World Champion Fricke. I'm sure it isn't a difficult link to find.

Who cares now about the dodgy bends 3 and 4 when finally the track produced races like this

And this

Sheer magic and this encapsulates ALL that is the thrilling excitement of speedway racing at it's best. The reason why I still go after more than 60 years. Always lusting for a few more like this! If only we could show this on every TV or direct every thill seeking armchair sportista to watch it on YouTube it would help in the trawl for more bums on seats ( or however you perch at your track ) Too old now to get up to the NSS in person but I will be watching on TV whenever possible.

• Like 3

SGP.com said other Premiership teams had been blocked from signing local lads Cooke & the Worrall twins as well as u21 World Champion Fricke. I'm sure it isn't a difficult link to find.

I have read somewhere that some riders were protected but if memory serves Craig Cook said in the Speedway Star that he had received offers from other Premiership clubs.

Edited by Aces51

And this

You can add heat 13 of the grand final to that list. Brilliant

Apologies I could only access the 2nd race. Didn't realise top one was from grand final

Edited by New Science

Buster was convinced that his preferred consortium, with him exercising control from the shadows, was going to take over at the NSS. This was the reason he ring fenced riders.

MCC thought he was a pikey and refused his bid.

He then spat his dummy out and placed obstacles in front of Pairmans second attempt to take over. He also refused to discuss this bid with MCC by not taking or returning their calls.

He never lifted this gentlemans agreement

though once he knew his bid would fail he tried to sign Cook & Fricke.

The problem for Aces riders was that the wrong people were offering assurances for this coming season.

Buster was convinced that his preferred consortium, with him exercising control from the shadows, was going to take over at the NSS. This was the reason he ring fenced riders.

He then spat his dummy out and placed obstacles in front of Pairmans second attempt to take over. He also refused to discuss this bid with MCC by not taking or returning their calls.

The problem for Aces riders was that the wrong people were offering assurances for this coming season.

Nice guy though Buster Chapman.

I have read somewhere that some riders were protected but if memory serves Craig Cook said in the Speedway Star that he had received offers from other Premiership clubs.

Isn't he an Edinburgh asset so therefore free to talk to other tracks while Aces assets (whoever owns them at the moment) would have to be approached only if given permission by their owners/promoters (whoever they might be)

No doubt Aces are looking at keeping Cook and Fricke as the top two but I think something should have been done to get this not hanging on til weeks to go and maybe the BSPA could have appointed someone to have assembled a team like Jan Staechmann for example as an independent advisor ready for those coming in to run with and adapt to once they take over hopefully before the first meeting

Well if Richie Worrall is saying riders have been contacted and its been printed that justin sedgeman will be riding there also. I'm very sure. much like the leicester situation that everything is fine and it really is just a case of announcing it.

Apart from Richie Worrall himself i hasten to add

I sincerely hope that you are right.................................

You can see on the unofficial forum that Aces fans are starting to be even more concerned. The information from the BSPA concerning when news will be forthcoming has proven to be less than accurate and is adding to the overall uncertainty. They need to get their act together, find out when the new owners will be in place or, at the very least, be able to let fans know the reasons for the delay and the likely timetable. Tweets telling us we will run and that we shall have news soon, in a few days, could be tomorrow, are wearing thin.

I don't anticipate problems with assembling a decent team but it is getting very late for a new promotion to organise all of the other issues that need to be in place, season tickets, appointing volunteer and permanent staff, track work after the winter, terracing in the south stand etc. Obviously, it can still all be done but the clock is ticking.

I am still confident we will be up and running but the ongoing delays would make anyone concerned.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

You can see on the unofficial forum that Aces fans are starting to be even more concerned. The information from the BSPA concerning when news will be forthcoming has proven to be less than accurate and is adding to the overall uncertainty. They need to get their act together, find out when the new owners will be in place or, at the very least, be able to let fans know the reasons for the delay and the likely timetable. Tweets telling us we will run and that we shall have news soon, in a few days, could be tomorrow, are wearing thin.

I don't anticipate problems with assembling a decent team but it is getting very late for a new promotion to organise all of the other issues that need to be in place, season tickets, appointing volunteer and permanent staff, track work after the winter, terracing in the south stand etc. Obviously, it can still all be done but the clock is ticking.

I am still confident we will be up and running but the ongoing delays would make anyone concerned.

Well - at least I am not alone.

Thank you Aces51.

so is this fact ? I guess there must be a link to a report on what you have posted or is this more made up news ??
  • Like 2

Much like how the forums were saying the Coventry promotion were going to be running Leicester.

Empty vessels making lots of noise and loose lips sinking ships.

Nothing needs to be announced until the inc is dried and lots of people who like to portray importance will no doubt get their opinions in and people will read into them too much. The anticipation must suck. But if the nss has been listed in the major events I think it's all looking positive. Riders spoken too. Additional fixtures and constant reassurances