British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

HAD to tone down and delete some references to conversations between the respective parties because we had no documents to back them up but still believe the material we have will prove conclusive.

MCC provided a very short statement.

Thank you, Philip. I will be glad when this whole sorry mess can be put to bed. And, please God, the new prospective owners can get us all back to speedway and us beating Poole.

Guess you've never watched KK or Zagar poodling around for 4 laps at the back

They all have a bad race it happens for a number of reasons it could be the set up of the bike it could be the gate position it could be the dodgy tapes there is a lot more things it could be so if they turn the first bend last on these small British tracks they stay last so don't think they do it on purpose next time you go to watch a speedway match try and be near the pits but take care of the flying crash helmets ,tools,are anything that is in reach of a rider that has just had a bad race

Does it surprise me? I guess not because I am fully aware of the jealousy that members of the BSPA held behind closed doors. I would not be surprised to see M&G launch legal action and win.

If warranted, I hope they do, and I too hope they win.

If there has been anything going on with promotors/BSPA I hope they get what they deserve.

Having previously been a doubter I was astonished when M&G got the go ahead for one of the biggest things to happen in British speedway during my life time.

Obviously like many it was sad to see the opening night end in tears and whilst many were quick to point the finger and use it as an opportunity to vent their jealousy I thought it was the last thing they or any one else needed.

And now after reading the non approved leak I must say that all I feel is anger towards the way they have been treated by MCC and the BSPA. Something does not sit right in not receiving the support they rightly deserved, after all the fault squarely lands at the contractors and not them.

Does it surprise me? I guess not because I am fully aware of the jealousy that members of the BSPA held behind closed doors. I would not be surprised to see M&G launch legal action and win.

Easy to pass judgement when you only hear one side of the story and from one angle ...lets just take in what Dave Gordons says yea he's hardly known for being honest is he ( water hose on track anyone ) ....the fault does not fall squarely at the fault of the contractors at all ... Gordons and Morton never done there due diligence in making sure that track was fit to hold a massive meeting rather that taking a gamble when quite clearly there was problems with the track .

The opening meeting was a nightmare but they are as much to blame as anyone for the role they played in it .

• Like 1

Easy to pass judgement when you only hear one side of the story and from one angle ...lets just take in what Dave Gordons says yea he's hardly known for being honest is he ( water hose on track anyone ) ....the fault does not fall squarely at the fault of the contractors at all ... Gordons and Morton never done there due diligence in making sure that track was fit to hold a massive meeting rather that taking a gamble when quite clearly there was problems with the track .

The opening meeting was a nightmare but they are as much to blame as anyone for the role they played in it .

So easy to blame when you have not got any financial involvement best to hear all the facts get the truth be impartial then judge.?
  • Like 1

Well thats your opinion of course, and on the forum you can air it...... however, if there was a thumbs down button I would have pressed it for what you just said, and thats my opinion.

• Like 6

And when you add that to tsunami (still involved in some way at newcastle afaik) admitting that "some promotions refused to sell tickets for the British Final because of what they knew" even with his desperate backtracking that followed, it reveals a nasty taste of what was going on.

I can't see the star dropping the bspa in it (remember 'prompt and decisive action'?) but if there is even a hint that they went behind the backs of the Belle Vue promotion during the season surely the chairman's position is untenable.

Why was it wrong for the BSPA Chairman to speak to Manchester City Council during the season? If other tracks were owed money from Belle Vue and reported this to the BSPA and advised that this was affecting their clubs cash flow and viability then the Chairman had a duty too investigate the extent of the problems which would include speaking to MCC and taking action regarding the unpaid bills which could have placed other clubs in jeopody

• Like 2

Why was it wrong for the BSPA Chairman to speak to Manchester City Council during the season? If other tracks were owed money from Belle Vue and reported this to the BSPA and advised that this was affecting their clubs cash flow and viability then the Chairman had a duty too investigate the extent of the problems which would include speaking to MCC and taking action regarding the unpaid bills which could have placed other clubs in jeopody

Correct, but it should have been done transparently and with the BV promotion in the loop. It should definitely not have been done behind the promotion's back.

• Like 5

Anyway back on to the actual topic of this thread.

With Richie saying he isn't wanted. Bridger said the same. Lawson can't come because of the 3 Glasgow riders. So who's left.

Suppose we could spring a surprise or 2 but for me I think we will just do a team that gets us through the season and then start a fresh the following year.

I'd love us to go for a young pole or timo lahti. Lindback is an obvious choice.

But I'd try and balance the books and put a team out that will win most home matches. And entertain.

Fricke

Cook

Stevie Worrall

Sedgman

Berge

Bewley

Smith.

Leaves about 1.63 under but I would be satisfied with this team TBH. Won't win the league. A good solid mid table side

. Why don't you want to win the league?whats the point in participating I'm sure the new owners will want to win the league this is the chance of the team manager to show his worth and pick a winning team. COME ON BELLEVUE LETS WIN IT THIS TIME

I am un-sure as to what owing money to other clubs has directly to do with Manchester City Council. You have said to investigate but if that was the case surely it would have been done with the consent of the promoters and lease holders in an open meeting with the aim of finding a solution.

Perhaps you can explain further?

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 1

. Why don't you want to win the league?whats the point in participating I'm sure the new owners will want to win the league this is the chance of the team manager to show his worth and pick a winning team. COME ON BELLEVUE LETS WIN IT THIS TIME

Of course I want to win the league. But to start team building this late then only a fool would think we are capable of putting a title winning side. For 1 year only I'll be happy to just come to tapes. Anything else will be a bonus

• Like 1

Of course I want to win the league. But to start team building this late then only a fool would think we are capable of putting a title winning side. For 1 year only I'll be happy to just come to tapes. Anything else will be a bonus

How do you know team building as only just started? Are you in the know? If the management don't put a winning team together you will soon get fed up of paying your entry fee and crowds will soon drop.(you will be saying next let's just have a national league side)

How do you know team building as only just started? Are you in the know? If the management don't put a winning team together you will soon get fed up of paying your entry fee and crowds will soon drop.(you will be saying next let's just have a national league side)

We support our team through thick and thin. Get over yourself.

• Like 1

And when you add that to tsunami (still involved in some way at newcastle afaik) admitting that "some promotions refused to sell tickets for the British Final because of what they knew" even with his desperate backtracking that followed, it reveals a nasty taste of what was going on.

I can't see the star dropping the bspa in it (remember 'prompt and decisive action'?) but if there is even a hint that they went behind the backs of the Belle Vue promotion during the season surely the chairman's position is untenable.

What back tracking ?

I openly said that i knew that some teams were not selling BF tickets", because of what they knew of the problems at BV TRUE.

Steve Sholvar added that "clubs don't have to take an allocation of tickets because the main buying and billing was through the BV site" TRUE. And I then agreed with him.

I think you and ouch need to give yourselves a good shake, especially after posting the post #1871.

Let's see what more there is to come out.

• Like 1

now now did you buy a brick? You will be the first one asking for a refund if WE are not competitive. Have you got any more news on the shale that's flying around

I got a brick which as pride of place thank you. I don't ask for refunds. I dIddnt last year for the GOM meetings.

Shale will be flying soon enough bigballs

now now did you buy a brick? You will be the first one asking for a refund if WE are not competitive. Have you got any more news on the shale that's flying around

Good man why don't you start sponsoring heats they are always looking for people like yourself Phil The Ace

One simple question, why do your posts read like your attacking the poster

• Like 2