British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

Andersen averaged over half a point more than fricke last season. And fricke rode more meetings as 2nd string than Hans.

Your using very selective facts to pursue your anti poole agenda

Why is it anti Poole agenda?

Nothing between Fricke and Andersen on averages last season.

One rider is on the way up and the other on the way down im sure most would agree with that.

This season i would expect Fricke to average more than Andersen its called an opinion.

Shovlar trolled the thread saying he thought Belle Vues top 3 were weak and they would end up near the bottom with Leicester.

My opinion is that if Belle Vue had a top 3 of Cook, Fricke and Worrall then in my view it would be as good as if not better than Pooles.

Of course the other 4 riders Belle Vue use could make them a much weaker side than Poole., and as of yet we dont know Belle Vues top 3

• Like 1

1/ Fricke 9.92

2/ Sedgman 7.60

3/ Worral 8.47

4/ Berge 6.91

5/ Cook 9.83

6/ Bewley 3.90

7/ * 3.37 ?

1/ Kylmakorpi 9.35

2/ Worral 8.47

3/ Fricke 9.92

4/ * 6.53 ?

5/ Cook 9.83

6/ Bewley 3.90

7/ Smith 2.00

Edited by WestGorton1884

Why is it anti Poole agenda?

Nothing between Fricke and Andersen on averages last season.

One rider is on the way up and the other on the way down im sure most would agree with that.

This season i would expect Fricke to average more than Andersen its called an opinion.

Shovlar trolled the thread saying he thought Belle Vues top 3 were weak and they would end up near the bottom with Leicester.

My opinion is that if Belle Vue had a top 3 of Cook, Fricke and Worrall then in my view it would be as good as if not better than Pooles.

Of course the other 4 riders Belle Vue use could make them a much weaker side than Poole., and as of yet we dont know Belle Vues top 3

Because if you were being unbiased, why would you mention Hans riding dome meetings as a 2nd string but fail to mention that fricke did also. And why focus on the 0.07 gap in rollung averages rather than the 0.7 gap over the season.

Fwiw I think fricke will score roughly the same as Hans this season - no issue with you thinking fricke will score more.

Similarly it's possible that worrall will outscore kurtz.

But i'm amazed anyone thinks cook will average close to what kk does this year.

Your entitled to your view that that aces trio is as strong as the Poole trio, but I reckon you are the only one. I'd be very happy if they prove me wrong on the track.

Edited by waihekeaces1

Fricke 9.92

Schlein 7.17

Bridger 8.52

Stevie 8.47

Cook 9.83

Bewley 4.00

Jack Smith 2.00

--------------------------

Its about the best I can come up, with what's left. Solid top 5, and 2 young local reserves.

Just hope riders are announced before the 2 minute warning before the first heat......

dan bewley local to belle vue

god id hate to see how far a rider has to be to be classed as long travel

Yep. His girlfriend. Mother of his baby is from leigh in Manchester. Last year he moved up here and seems to have settled well.

He seems in a much better state of mind. And seems in a happy place. It's a shame he has no premiership club.

• Like 2

The new owners don't have the same emotional connection to Belle Vue that DG and Mort have which makes not running much more of an option.

As for the pressure from the bspa, it was quite pathetic as you would expect. Mr prompt and decisive bleated about him losing his sky money and that was it. To be honest I would have turned it on it's head and told him that if he wanted us to run to save the sky contract he and one or two others at the bspa would need to be a bit more helpful.

An opportunity missed?

The last promotion didn't pay for a stadium not completed to plan?

But they don't have level of business experience of these two fred. If G & M did not sign for the stadium as things were not completed to plan considering the cost of the south side terracing, the temp stand, track problems etc. Which could have closed the club one has to ask why they agreed to run. I would have thought without actually signing some sort of acceptance document they couldn't have run? Just assuming as I don't know how these legalities actually work. Just seems odd anyone would take on a venture that was going to land them in so much debt.

Edited by bellevueace

But they don't have level of business experience of these two fred. If G & M did not sign for the stadium as things were not completed to plan considering the cost of the south side terracing, the temp stand, track problems etc. Which could have closed the club one has to ask why they agreed to run. I would have thought without actually signing some sort of acceptance document they couldn't have run? Just assuming as I don't know how these legalities actually work. Just seems odd anyone would take on a venture that was going to land them in so much debt.

When they signed to pay the loan off in a much short period of time, BV was always going to be a non runner financially. Probably their enthusiasm for BV took over, but from a business perspective, it was suicidal.

• Like 3

Because if you were being unbiased, why would you mention Hans riding dome meetings as a 2nd string but fail to mention that fricke did also. And why focus on the 0.07 gap in rollung averages rather than the 0.7 gap over the season.

Fwiw I think fricke will score roughly the same as Hans this season - no issue with you thinking fricke will score more.

Similarly it's possible that worrall will outscore kurtz.

But i'm amazed anyone thinks cook will average close to what kk does this year.

Your entitled to your view that that aces trio is as strong as the Poole trio, but I reckon you are the only one. I'd be very happy if they prove me wrong on the track.

I see Gavan said, in his own words, "My opinion is that if Belle Vue had a top 3 of Cook, Fricke and Worrall then in my view it would be as good as if not better than Pooles."

If Pooles top three was Cook Fricke and Worrall I think 99% of Poole fans would think what a load of crap what the hell is going on? and think Matt Ford has lost his marbles!

No one with any kind of speedway brain would put those three over Pooles heat leaders. Well perhaps Gavan and Steve brum who somehow thinks Cook is better than KK.

At least you see through Gavans anti Poole rhetoric waihekeaces1.

As for Bridger living in Manchester, he must be in a tiny minority who move from the south coast to north west. Most Mancs live in Boscombe!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I see Gavan said, in his own words, "My opinion is that if Belle Vue had a top 3 of Cook, Fricke and Worrall then in my view it would be as good as if not better than Pooles."

If Pooles top three was Cook Fricke and Worrall I think 99% of Poole fans would think what a load of crap what the hell is going on? and think Matt Ford has lost his marbles!

No one with any kind of speedway brain would put those three over Pooles heat leaders. Well perhaps Gavan and Steve brum who somehow thinks Cook is better than KK.

As for Bridger living in Manchester, he must be in a tiny minority who move from the south coast to north west. Most Mancs live in Boscombe!

KK should average more than Cook

Fricke should average more than Andersen

Steve Worrall and Kurtz fairly similar.

So yes not much between the top 3 of both sides.

And what crap you spout about 'if that was Pooles top 3'...........You pick your riders based on what they would do at home so no way in the world can Cook , Fricke and Worrall average as much as the Poole boys at Wimborne Road, nor would i expect Andersen or Kurtz to average what the Belle Vue boys do at home. You just spout gibberish to try and prove a point.

Oh and troll try reading what i write. Not once have i or Stevebrum said that Cook is better than KK.............you need a trip to specsavers clown. Oh no sorry you make up lies to try and get a point across. Also i never said Belle Vues heat leaders were better than Pooles.......again you make things up. If you have to lie all the time makes you look kind of stupid

Best top 3 in the leagues:

1. Kings Lynn

2. Wolves

3. Poole.

Edited by Gavan

I doubt that there has ever been a speedway promoter at any club with the 'level of business experience' as the new owners of Belle Vue, it remains to be seen if that company actually takes on the lease at the NSS.

It has already been suggested by a reliable source that DG and Mort didn't actually sign any acceptance of the incomplete stadium.

The only agreement they signed regarding the unfinished stadium was the one presented to them the week before the swc on a sort of take it or leave it basis, the leave it bit meaning the season finished immediately.

When you say "one has to ask why they agreed to run", is that with or without the benefit of hindsight? Without the benefit of hindsight it would have been a remarkable decision, how would you have dealt with the fallout and saved the business? Somebody joked about the sky contract being irrelevant in the decision to run last season, well the team he supports would have folded without the sky money if you believe one whingeing promoter.

It was only the extra costs associated with the covenant which were financed in a completely different way that was to be paid over a shorter term. Even then are you seriously suggesting that you are more qualified than the council accountants and auditors to judge the financial viability of a project?

Certainly I would never make that statement, but then it was not the council accountants and auditors that were going to have to pay it. If two emotional proposed buyers will sign anything to try and deliver their dream, others can look from afar and say 'that is nearly impossible to repay at that rate'. I have run a speedway club, so I have more knowledge that most on here, and it doesn't take much to put a few costs together, and get a big minus figure at the end. The original payback figures in the original agreement were highly optimistic and adventurous, but to sign for a much shorter period, escalated the problems to the point of it never being able to be achievable. With new business owners, and a council wanting desperately for the venture to be successful, perhaps all concerned will take a more realist stance on the viability of the venture.

• Like 1

Nobody said Cook is better than KK !! ???

Edited by WestGorton1884