British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

IT wasn't seating ... it was terracing.

The £18 grand was for the West stand ... first bend.

A temporary grandstand (seats)) was installed at the west end of the stadium for the SWC and was sold out.

Ok terracing, semantics surely.

My point is - if most weeks they got less than 1800 fans, why rent the South TERRACING and west STAND? Why not pack them into the grandstand?

As for toilets, I can find steel portaloo for under a hundred quid a week for a block of five. Therefore I struggle to see how they should have been paying more than say five hundred quid per home meeting or say 10k per season excluding playoffs and swc?

Ok terracing, semantics surely.

My point is - if most weeks they got less than 1800 fans, why rent the South TERRACING and west STAND? Why not pack them into the grandstand?

As for toilets, I can find steel portaloo for under a hundred quid a week for a block of five. Therefore I struggle to see how they should have been paying more than say five hundred quid per home meeting or say 10k per season excluding playoffs and swc?

Correct, 1800 seats would be ample I would suggest, and no need for 'back straight bogs' as everyones 'needs' will be met by the grandstand facilities..

Whether 1800 people max is enough to pay the bills is however another matter...

As is how many wouldn't go if you had to sit down rather than stand..?

I would imagine the BSPA know exactly what is going on. They know the management structure and promoter - BUT cannot reveal anything publicly until Manchester Council's legal boys have carried out all their required checks and agreed various issues within the new agreement!!

Riders - especially those that have been spoken to - have been instructed not to say anything or give any hints until the Council approval has been received hopefully within the next few days.

• Like 1

Of course it is about the costs!

Who in their right mind would spend 70k on renting bogs!

But they did!

Are they all mad enough to do it again?

Or, are they really being built for this season, that is what I was asking.

Seems an outrageous amount to me but I suspect if it was case of paying that or closing the team down it might not seem so pricey.

It doesn't matter if they are being built. What matters is whether the speedway club will have to pay for them.

...Mark lemon and another are going to be promoters...

Firstly, I know Mark Lemon has managed team affairs but when has he ever been in a position to gain a promoters license? Which, secondly, begs the question of who the BSPA licensed promoter will be who will be holding the reigns at Belle Vue?

Wonder if Neil Machin (I think thats his name) might be involved, was a co-promoter at Leicester and had something to do with Sheffield. Not heard any mention of him being involved at either club and neither clubs he's been involved with are a million miles from Manchester. Believe he must have a promoters licence.

Firstly, I know Mark Lemon has managed team affairs but when has he ever been in a position to gain a promoters license? Which, secondly, begs the question of who the BSPA licensed promoter will be who will be holding the reigns at Belle Vue?

He will be shadowed by a more experienced promoter. That's how it normally happens

• Like 1

I think Ritchie new average of 8.49 makes it hard to accommodate him , hopefully we'll see him back at BV , maybe next year ?

Now this is another situation of speedway shooting its own foot off, in fact, shooting both legs off, and an arm, and both ears and nose!!!

Breaking up a team because of an average not fitting..

A rule needs bringing in, that if you retain riders, from season to season, averages don't come into it...

There must be a way for this to work.. keeping riders season to season...

Fans can get really attached to riders in their team, but the team is then forced to get rid, to comply with rules.. Got to be a way to reward club/rider rider/club loyalty..??

• Like 4

A rule needs bringing in, that if you retain riders, from season to season, averages don't come into it...

BEEN saying that for decades.There is no continuity of teams now which is bad for fans too. One minute Joe Bloggs is your favourite rider, the next he is off somewhere else through no faults of his own.

• Like 6

Now this is another situation of speedway shooting its own foot off, in fact, shooting both legs off, and an arm, and both ears and nose!!!

Fans can get really attached to riders in their team, but the team is then forced to get rid, to comply with rules.. Got to be a way to reward club/rider rider/club loyalty..??

Any rider who returns to a club should get a 5% average reduction, and a further 5% for ever one of their first 10 seasons.

I agree. Can't see why they can't give a 5% or 10% average deduction for a rider retained from the previous season. Rider has to have ridden 50% of previous season's league fixtures to qualify.

• Like 1

BEEN saying that for decades.There is no continuity of teams now which is bad for fans too. One minute Joe Bloggs is your favourite rider, the next he is off somewhere else through no faults of his own.

I know it's a different league, but Newcastle (in the SGB Championship) have brought back 6 of last season's 7 for 2017. Similarly, Scunthorpe are bringing back the whole 7 who finished 2016! So it does happen occasionally!!

• Like 4