British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

1. C. Cook 9.83

2. R. Worrall 8.49

3. S. Worrall 8.47

4. M. Fricke 9.92

5. Anyone up to 5.72. (S. Nielsen 5.53 or J. Jacobs 5.36)

6. D. Bewley 3.90

7. M. Willliamson 3.67

Or just drop Fricke and Nielsen and replace them with 2 8 point riders such as Gomolski, Batchelor, Schlein, Ostergaard.

Another option is Kim Nilsson for Fricke and sign someone with over a 6?

Everyone seems to be hopeing for Bewley(i was myself) a great prospect i agree but the more i think about it he could be a poor signing.

My reason Bewley and shanes both had a good season in the Nat league Bewley averaged 8.65 Shanes averaged 8.56 not a lot of difference in both riders at this stage.Yet Poole will get Shanes on a 2 point average and Belle vue will get Bewley on a 4 point average.Now if B/vue sign as predicted a 2 point number 7 we in reality will end up with the equivalent of two 2 pointers in reserve.So is Bewley going to score twice as many points in every meeting more than Shanes he will have to too prove his worth.

I put S Nielsen in his place in my team above not a rider many people rate that much but i looked at last year prem league results when they rode against each other they raced each other 7 times and Nielsen came out on top in every race home and away so is Bewley ready for the top reserve position in our top league ?.

• Like 1

Or just drop Fricke and Nielsen and replace them with 2 8 point riders such as Gomolski, Batchelor, Schlein, Ostergaard.

Another option is Kim Nilsson for Fricke and sign someone with over a 6?

Belle Vue would be nuts to drop Fricke for any of those you mention.

If anything Richie Worrall & Williamson are the 2 I'd take out and go with:

1. Max Fricke 9.92

2. Kenneth Hansen 6.74

3. Steve Worrall 8.47

4. Victor Palovaara 5.81

5. Craig Cook 9.83

6. Adam Roynon 5.12

7. Dan Bewley 3.90

I know there are riders in there that you'll go "WTF" to but the NSS is fast and Hansen, Palovaara & Roynon have always been quick. All 3 can do a job away too.

I can't see Belle Vue being without Fricke, Cook, S. Worrall & Bewley so those other 3 would be great fill-ins imo.

• Like 1

Some are critical at Troy Batchelor being mentioned as a team member.

It was'nt too long ago when Troy was in the GP's he almost did a "wipe out", that is score the max 21 in a GP.

If he had it in him then to do that, why is he not doing the same today???

I put it down to the accident of Darcy Ward, that is bound to affect anyone close to Darcy, look how it affected Chris Holder. Its as if it has hit Batchelor harder then Holder, or in a different way. Someday (hopefully soon) Troy will "get over it", and if not either hang about earning a living at a lower level then he is used to, or pack the sport in.

I hope he comes out of it soon and for the better.

Troy being i the BV team could become a big plus point for the team.

• Like 2

Some are critical at Troy Batchelor being mentioned as a team member.

It was'nt too long ago when Troy was in the GP's he almost did a "wipe out", that is score the max 21 in a GP.

If he had it in him then to do that, why is he not doing the same today???

I put it down to the accident of Darcy Ward, that is bound to affect anyone close to Darcy, look how it affected Chris Holder. Its as if it has hit Batchelor harder then Holder, or in a different way. Someday (hopefully soon) Troy will "get over it", and if not either hang about earning a living at a lower level then he is used to, or pack the sport in.

I hope he comes out of it soon and for the better.

Troy being i the BV team could become a big plus point for the team.

I thnk taking Batchelor ( if he's available ) Is a no brainer on that average . pair him with Max, and on that big fast Belle Vue circuit

he could be a great addition to the Aces team

Everyone seems to be hopeing for Bewley(i was myself) a great prospect i agree but the more i think about it he could be a poor signing.

My reason Bewley and shanes both had a good season in the Nat league Bewley averaged 8.65 Shanes averaged 8.56 not a lot of difference in both riders at this stage.Yet Poole will get Shanes on a 2 point average and Belle vue will get Bewley on a 4 point average.Now if B/vue sign as predicted a 2 point number 7 we in reality will end up with the equivalent of two 2 pointers in reserve.So is Bewley going to score twice as many points in every meeting more than Shanes he will have to too prove his worth.

To be fair there is a world of difference between Bewley and Shanes whatever their NL averages may suggest.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Fricke 9.92

Worrall 8.49

Worrall 8.47

Batchelor 7.36

Cook 9.83

JPB 2

Bewley 3.90?

Power-packed top 5 & adequate reserves. A sort of Glasgow on steroids!

Sorry DC , i think ive just 'stolen' your team idea ... only just seen your post

:lol:

Great team BTW :D

I put S Nielsen in his place in my team above not a rider many people rate that much but i looked at last year prem league results when they rode against each other they raced each other 7 times and Nielsen came out on top in every race home and away so is Bewley ready for the top reserve position in our top league ?.

James Shares wasn't scoring double figures in the Premier League though. It would not surprise me if Dan Bewley is averaging more than double of what Shanes is at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Bewley for me is quite away ahead of Shanes and certainly Nielsen before he got injured he had a mega month had a great meeting at Somerset guesting i think?) The only concern is has Bewley got the aquipment and back up to do two or three leagues i hope BV he stays with you maybe carry him i think he is a hell of a prospect.