British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/belle-vue-aces-bosses-say-12129749

Gives a tiny bit of info. We could have it rent free untill work had finished. Then we had to start paying rent which we never did

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/belle-vue-aces-bosses-say-12129749

Gives a tiny bit of info. We could have it rent free untill work had finished. Then we had to start paying rent which we never did

Thanks for that, Phil The Ace.

I think that this is going to get a little messy and all this shenanigans will surely lower the reputation of speedway even further than it's current lowly position!

I have a feeling that any day now, it will be announced that some great saviour on a white charger is about to ride in and save the day and we will all be expected to be tremendously grateful for this selfless act.

Something fishy here, methinks.

:unsure:

Seeing as we are running next years lets look forward to that whats your team for next year i will start us off.

C Cook 9.88

M Fricke 9.91

P Hougaard 8.71

S Worrall 8.51

M P Toft 5.18

D bewley 4.00

M Williamson 3.76

All have links with the club and all ride the NSS well.

Didn't Toft end up with a 7.01 average at Scunthorpe.

I do understand that while the stadium has terrific facilities that can be used for weddings, conferences, etc, its location is not exactly a prime one and they have found it hard to attract such events.

WHAT?! People don't want to get married in a speedway stadium?

You'll be telling member that all them pop groups rather than playing on the centre (with the sound down - as no loud noises like fireworks allowed) are choosing to play in indoor arenas too.

I hate saying it but told you so. The whole thing has been a farce from start to end!

As for giving them credit for building it etc. Are you kidding? I could build an £7m stadium with other people's money too!

You'll be telling member that all them pop groups rather than playing on the centre (with the sound down - as no loud noises like fireworks allowed) are choosing to play in indoor arenas too.

I hate saying it but told you so. The whole thing has been a farce from start to end!

As for giving them credit for building it etc. Are you kidding? I could build an £7m stadium with other people's money too!

Somerset have weddings at the Oak Tree.

Isle of Wight have arranged a firework display and a pop concert at Smallbrook (and that's in November only).

Its possible.

The Speedway Family could help Mort and David Gordon with their predicament, if the will was there!

Help another promotion who didn't even make a token repayment gesture to the council? Why should they?

Clearly the bspa were well aware of the dire situation Belle Vue were in and had the sense to talk to the council.

It doesn't matter who takes over as long as they are capable of fulfilling their obligations to the leage and to the council.

The idea of weddings/business meetings rental etc is a dead one. And as for the pitch in the middle there must be hundreds of pitches in Manchester for use for virtually nothing. Better to put a mini speedway track in the middlevand charge for lessons.

• Like 3

Isle of Wight have arranged a firework display and a pop concert at Smallbrook (and that's in November only).

Its possible.

Neither are in Manchester with all the alternatives available.It might work out in the country or on a small island,but Manchester is a big city with plenty of other(better) places i'd guess

Its possible.

And those are your examples of how to pay for a multi-million pound stadium in Gorton.

It's business 'acumen' like that, that has GOT them into this mess.

The idea of weddings/business meetings rental etc is a dead one. And as for the pitch in the middle there must be hundreds of pitches in Manchester for use for virtually nothing. Better to put a mini speedway track in the middlevand charge for lessons.

Not sure that our Elf and Safety and Noise Abatement chums would be too enthusiastic about this idea,

Somehow, the City of Manchester Football Academy seems to have a certain credibility.

:t:

Interesting comment re "our partnership with the BSPA"....

A collective thing now is it?

Thats Coventry, Cradley, Exeter, Halifax etc sorted then. Well done that man.

A bet there's still people on here thinking you're talking out of your backside again but who would waste bandwidth posting what you wrote? A troll?

The Speedway Family could help Mort and David Gordon with their predicament, if the will was there!

well clearly there isn't and really why on earth should there be ? If that's was the case let's help Plymouth as well and other promotions over the years why didn't we help Birmingham when they quit the EL - Mildenhall Boston the list is endless - if BV was in such a dire situation why didn't they ditch Zagar ? as he was clearly a drain on none existent finance . Morton and Gordon knew the situation but buried there heads in the sand . Yes they delivered a great track and stadium but at what cost to them and how can anyone make money or even break even at BV thanks to these two. Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07608471/B-V-ARENA-LIMITED/companies-house-data

HELP, I don't understand this.

How can David gordon and Chris Morton be in so much debt yet George Carswell is in the black by 300k. All in the same company.

Yes George may have the rider assets but they don't add up to 300k surely

Thats Coventry, Cradley, Exeter, Halifax etc sorted then. Well done that man.

A bet there's still people on here thinking you're talking out of your backside again but who would waste bandwidth posting what you wrote? A troll?

Youre the one trolling here. Morton and Gordon haven't paid a penny for the stadium. So god only knows how they deserve any credit for scamming the tax payers of Manchester!