British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

Really? Troy has been (with bonus points) an 8.5 man from 2011 (possibly before but I dont have the stats) until 2014, 2015 he dropped to 7.5 and 2016 he dropped to 5.5. His form dropped off a cliff after the Ward crash.

I'd see that one off GP as more of a decent rider who has a good day. A few good but not "class" riders have finished on a GP podium over the years.

8.33 with BP in 2012. 7.58 in 2014.

And the figures quoted are similar to the ones you used.

So I fail to see your point.

Scbs figures show from 2012 to 2014 batch performed roughly the same. Dropping only in 2015 which coincided with the change in heat format.

Shows a solid hl who had an awful 2016. Would be very surprised if he doesn't increase his starting average.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cant understand why the current British Champion has not got a place in the top British league. Yes I know he did have but that was taken away, but he has got to be somewhere in the Premiership or it makes a mockery of the matter.

No, if he did ride for two teams in Britain, albeit different leagues, THAT is what would make a mockery of the matter.

• Like 1

No, if he did ride for two teams in Britain, albeit different leagues, THAT is what would make a mockery of the matter.

I agree with you.

But it does look rather odd. The British Champion riding in the Second Division.

There is a precedent for this though.

Jack Young, of Edinburgh Monarchs won the World Championship as a Second Division Rider back in 1951.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard to understand this change which is similar to what Glasgow did with Barker. When you have a pairing & one is doing better than the other, it makes him look bad but looking at the averages, it seems to be a good pairing so it must be something else. Fricke & Worrall at 1 & 2 are averaging nearly 14 & Bjerre & Sedgy at 3 & 4 are averaging nearly 15!