British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

Congratulations to KB on a fine display. Coming on the back of his win at Lynn and his unbeaten performance for Coventry he really is putting together some excellent form in these early season meetings.

Hope he can carry his form from these meetings over the course of the year.

Looks like he could be in for a very good Season for the 'Aces'. :t:

Let's hope so. :t::approve: :approve:

Bloody bloke, I very rarely get peed off with any rider but KB managed it, all we heard from the management in 2015 is Kenny and them can't make out what's wrong! He was such a let down and wouldn't say a word as to why ....

Well he certainly seems to have turned things around..................... :t::approve:

A lot of Belle Vue fans were posting that they could have done better than sign Bjerre well if he keeps riding as well as he started then he could finish as the Aces No 1 this season,

WOULDN'T argue with that. Not the most dynamic personality or exciting rider to watch necessarily but his record in the SGP underlines his potential. It's a confidence thing with Kenneth, as it is with most, and when he's on a high he is World class.

Must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by Kenneth Bjerre last night. I've always seen him as a fast gater on immaculate kit. But swooping round the outside & passing people for fun wasn't something I expected, especially given the fact he's had a couple of nasty injuries. One pass in particular he made on the 4th bend last night took tremendous skill, speed & bottle.

If he continues like that & Cook, Fricke & Worrall perform, we could be in for helluva season.

Bjerre is a class act when injury free and full of confidence.

Form is only temporary, whereas Class is more permanent. Batch and Bjerre have always been class performers, Sometimes confidence deserts them and form falters but the ability is always there.. The trouble with some posters, they tend to write them off to quickly......

• Like 1

I question if anyone who calls Batch a class performer has watched him ride :o

He has the odd spell of good form but he's not class. Never had been and never will be now.

We'll see .. You don't win 6 out of 7 rides, finishing second in a SGP without being a class rider. Sometimes his attitude is questionable, but never his ability..

• Like 1

I question if anyone who calls Batch a class performer has watched him ride :o

He has the odd spell of good form but he's not class. Never had been and never will be now.

Exactly. He had one season where he seemed to have made that breakthru but it was very much a one off, beside the odd decent meeting here and there.

• Like 1

Exactly. He had one season where he seemed to have made that breakthru but it was very much a one off, beside the odd decent meeting here and there.

maybe that was his breakthrough, but then there was the DW crash which must have affected him badly as it did Holder and no doubt others to a lesser/greater degree. Lets hope he is through the bad patch.

maybe that was his breakthrough, but then there was the DW crash which must have affected him badly as it did Holder and no doubt others to a lesser/greater degree. Lets hope he is through the bad patch.

That breakthru was several seasons before the Darcy crash. He had been in decline for many a season before that.

• Like 1

Must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by Kenneth Bjerre last night. I've always seen him as a fast gater on immaculate kit. But swooping round the outside & passing people for fun wasn't something I expected, especially given the fact he's had a couple of nasty injuries. One pass in particular he made on the 4th bend last night took tremendous skill, speed & bottle.

If he continues like that & Cook, Fricke & Worrall perform, we could be in for helluva season.

Bjerre will love all the room he has round at track like BV he is very fast when in the mood a snip at that average.Plus the league is lower level than a couple of years ago.

That breakthru was several seasons before the Darcy crash. He had been in decline for many a season before that.

It was 2014 that Batchelor scored the 20 points i the Danish GP, DW accident was in 2015.... so not "several seasons"

• Like 1

It was 2014 that Batchelor scored the 20 points i the Danish GP, DW accident was in 2015.... so not "several seasons"

Yes a one off performance that I alluded too.

Besides 2011 only 2013 was a good overall season for Troy.

Both years are 'several' away from 2017.

Bjerre will love all the room he has round at track like BV he is very fast when in the mood a snip at that average.Plus the league is lower level than a couple of years ago.

Exactly what i said over a week ago.Belle Vues gain in Coventry's sad demise.We all know what KB is capable of,and he has some of the fastest equipment around coupled with the vast spaces at the NSS is a recipe for success.Well at home anyway.

• Like 1

I agree have seen it suggested that his decline was because of Darcy's crash but he was declining before that, I feel Batchelor has seen his better days in the sport.

Really? Troy has been (with bonus points) an 8.5 man from 2011 (possibly before but I dont have the stats) until 2014, 2015 he dropped to 7.5 and 2016 he dropped to 5.5. His form dropped off a cliff after the Ward crash.

I'd see that one off GP as more of a decent rider who has a good day. A few good but not "class" riders have finished on a GP podium over the years.