British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

The old Ace of clubs emblem / body colour making a comeback as well !

Great news , never took to either the 'checkered' design , or that awful 'expanded' Ace that proceeded it

I like the Racejacket on your Avatar WG1884. :t::approve:

That was always my favourite. Before the Advertisers got their grubby hands on the front of said Racejackets. :nono: :nono: :nono:

• Like 1

Glad to see the back of that naff shield design, which I believe cost a packet to design.

As a thing of interest for the young supporters, as we have not had a colts badge for a few years, could not the design of this be put out to the young BV fans and a prize given for what is considered to be the best design, and the possibility of that being produced as a badge for sale, and any profits going to the Colts.

A project like this was done many years ago I believe.

Edited by woodenspoon
  • Like 2

Glad to see the back of that naff shield design, which I believe cost a packet to design.

As a thing of interest for the young supporters, as we have not had a colts badge for a few years, could not the design of this be put out to the young BV fans and a prize given for what is considered to be the best design, and the possibility of that being produced as a badge for sale, and any profits going to the Colts.

A good positive idea woodenspoon. :t::approve: :approve:

Great idea ! :t:

When the fixtures first came out there was a Belle Vue v Kings Lynn fixture on May 3rd . So I thought I might take that one in on my way south to see Ipswich v Glasgow on the 4th .

It has since disappeared from the fixture list on the BSPA website , but it appears in todays season preview edition of the Speedway Star on the Belle Vue page .

So does that fixture go ahead on May 3rd , or not ?

According to the fixtures on the official Belle Vue website theRe is no fixture on the 3rd May. The home meetings against Kings Lynn are in June and September.

Shame , but thanks for clearing that up

When the fixtures first came out there was a Belle Vue v Kings Lynn fixture on May 3rd . So I thought I might take that one in on my way south to see Ipswich v Glasgow on the 4th .

It has since disappeared from the fixture list on the BSPA website , but it appears in todays season preview edition of the Speedway Star on the Belle Vue page .

So does that fixture go ahead on May 3rd , or not ?

Because Somerset meeting was moved to bank holiday Monday 1st May, Kings Lynn meeting pushed back to September.

I noticed in the Speedway Star preview issue , that on the fan prediction section , the Swindon fan thinks the Aces will finish next to bottom . :shock: :o

i know its all about opinions , but ...... 7th ? . Really ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

I noticed in the Speedway Star preview issue , that on the fan prediction section , the Swindon fan thinks the Aces will finish next to bottom . :shock: :o

i know its all about opinions , but ...... 7th ? . Really ?

They must be having a 'Giraff'. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

It's not my intention to become 'I told you so' person, but seeing KB winning the Peter Craven trophy last just emphasis what I always said all along. . If ever a rider and track are made for each other then NSS and KB is the perfect pairing......

Well impressed with Troy Batch as well, this result will really show those up, who thought he was past it .... :party:

• Like 2

It's not my intention to become 'I told you so' person, but seeing KB winning the Peter Craven trophy last just emphasis what I always said all along. . If ever a rider and track are made for each other then NSS and KB is the perfect pairing......

Well impressed with Troy Batch as well, this result will really show those up, who thought he was past it .... :party:

It's 1 meeting?!?!

• Like 1

Congratulations to KB on a fine display. Coming on the back of his win at Lynn and his unbeaten performance for Coventry he really is putting together some excellent form in these early season meetings.

Hope he can carry his form from these meetings over the course of the year.