British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

I thought that Gordon and Morton 'knew about issues with the track' in the week before the opening meeting.

It was just that they did not know the cause until repair work started after the GOM.

What is new here?

Spot on ...everyone knew there were problems with the track ..even if they were told they always going to try and run that first meeting .

It is alleged that the council knew of the reasons which caused the postponement. Leading up to the meeting Belle Vue thought the problems were related to the top surface and that they had been resolved.

That may well be 'alleged' by someone.

But let us all note that the BBC have carefully avoided saying exactly that.

Reducing the allegation to just knowing about the issues.

Not advanced knowledge of the underlying cause.

Edited by Grand Central

The BBC website states; Manchester City Council knew a week in advance about issues with the National Speedway Stadium track which forced the postponement of the grand opening, according to a document seen by BBC Radio Manchester.

To me, knowing the issues that forced the postponement, means that they knew the real reasons. If they thought, as Belle Vue did, that the problems were with the top surface, then you would not say that they knew the issues which forced the postponement.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Spot on ...everyone knew there were problems with the track ..even if they were told they always going to try and run that first meeting .

6000 fans on the day didn't. Did you, or anyone else on this forum.

6000 fans on the day didn't. Did you, or anyone else on this forum.

? it was all over the internet that there were problems so I expect most knew ...trouble is they went as the told they had been sorted ..sadly quite clearly that was not the case .

so with this being a NEW CLUB , is there a continuation of the number of years the club has run or will it be just that , a NEW club but the same OLD name ?

looks like workingtoon will have priority for cookie over belle vue when it comes to fixture clashes .

Edited by jenga

I don't want to rain on your parade - but Max Fricke is Australian.

He might just be insulted if you called him British. They can be touchy about things like that. :o;):D :D :P

tut, tut, tut,,, maybe change 'They', to 'some' and your in the clear of the PC brigade,,,

I know that some English folk that are insulted about being called British, 'chocks away' ;)

tut, tut, tut,,, maybe change 'They', to 'some' and your in the clear of the PC brigade,,,

I know that some English folk that are insulted about being called British, 'chocks away' ;)

I couldn't give a toss about the PC (not Peter Collins by the way) Brigade - never have.

A useless bunch of do gooders who have nothing better to do than cause trouble for others - and they usually make any given situation worse than it should be.

• Like 3

I couldn't give a toss about the PC (not Peter Collins by the way) Brigade - never have.

ok,,, but you could over Peter Collins, errr ;)

A useless bunch of do gooders who have nothing better to do than cause trouble for others - and they usually make any given situation worse than it should be.

there's no need to talk about your carer's like that :(

As we thought it's slowly coming out. This new info unearthed by the M.E.N. is very damming. Had the council come clean about the nappies etc then the Aces promotion could have just delayed things instead of labouring to fix the problem believing it was a normal speedway issue with the shale. It would have saved the fans a lot of heartache.

Having fixed the problem and run a successful test they never imagined a sub base issue would scupper their plans and to now find out the perpetrators knew,is astounding.

While it looks like DG and all will get their £700k it's just a great shame that money isn't within the speedway family. I'm not sure what it would take from the powers that be and us fans to get them back involved. We need them now more than ever as someone who could steer a working committee to get tracks built or re opened would be a godsend right now and that's something we can all agree on.

• Like 2

When the fullness of that report comes to light it could be very damming on the council. They probably knew of the REAL problem because of the loading tickets submitted by the contractor to the council, as part of conditions of contract, thus they have brought in the correct QUANTITY of material to the track. Those same tickets would probably identify WHAT the material was as well. If this is the case then BV would have no idea that rubbish was being dumped on the track (contractor not under their control) but Man City Council would.

That £696,000 that the council stopped from payments to contractor is the exact amount loss assessors showed as the monetary loss to the BV business.

If that money had gone to BV, as I believe it should, then the BV story would have been a success story rather then a tragic story.

I would say that £690,000 is due payable to DG/CM business. They could then pay off whoever they owe money to. Lets face it, yes the public who paid to see the opening meeting accumulated losses, but DG/CM lost their means of making a living, and seeing their dream that they battled for over the previous 10 years. They are left with nothing, except the abuse the got from this forum, when now it is becoming clearer as to what happened.

Edit. What I now looking forward to is the input BSPA/SCB had in the undoing of BV speedway during 2016 ie going behind the back of DG/CM

Lots more truth to come out yet I am sure.....will we see it?

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

We are back to the Pay Less Notice again so can I just re-post what I wrote a couple of weeks ago that went unanswered at the time ....

" But just on that point of the 700k deduction in the Pay Less notice of April 2016.

Do you know if ISG actually ever accepted that as the final settlement in the matter?

I would doubt that they would. At least not without a fight.

Firstly it was regarding a loss suffered by a third party, not MCC, so that may not form part of the contract between MCC and ISG.

It may never have been accepted as a 'pay less amount' by ISG may still be unresolved?

Secondly, this sum of 700k was 'only' a loss ASSESSOR'S evaluation who work for their client to maximise their claim. It is usual for the person receiving such a claim to appoint a loss ADJUSTER who does everything they can to reduce that claim level substantially.

The parties then have to battle to an agreement or go to law.

Does anyone KNOW what the final settlement between MCC and ISG was in the end? "

Can anyone enlightens us?