British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

The opening meeting, the Peter Craven Memorial meeting, has now been changed to Saturday, 1st April. Much better than running it on a Sunday afternoon particularly as it was on Mothers day.

Saturday seems appropriate as that was our race night when Peter rode fir the Aces. Should encourage a bigger crowd as well.

Edited by Aces51

I don't understand the Sedgeman obsession, I thought he was a poor rider when I watched him week in week out at Perry Barr many years ago. King will ride every meeting for BV, Fricke took about 4 months off in the middle of the season but continued to ride weekly in Sweden. King is on a lower average.

I don't understand the Sedgeman obsession, I thought he was a poor rider when I watched him week in week out at Perry Barr many years ago. King will ride every meeting for BV, Fricke took about 4 months off in the middle of the season but continued to ride weekly in Sweden. King is on a lower average.

King won't ride every meeting, do keep up.

• Like 2

It helps to read the thread properly.

• Like 4

Fricke 9.92

Bjerre 8.22

Sedgeman 7.60

Worrall 8.47

Cook 9.83

Bewley 4.00

Smith 2.00

I'm guessing there is an average reduction somewhere? If so, I think this could win the league.

Bewley to 3.90
  • Like 1

Your opinion of Justin Sedgmen is null & void just for using the term "many years ago"

• Like 6

Your opinion of Justin Sedgmen is null & void just for using the term "many years ago"

Sedgmen has real ability he showed again in Aussie how good he can be.At Swindon it didn't quite happen for him but he still ended up with a ok average.Maybe at Belle Vue he can show his true worth for me he will score more than R.Worrall certainly at home.
  • Like 2

Fricke 9.92

Bjerre 8.22

Sedgeman 7.60

Worrall 8.47

Cook 9.83

Bewley 4.00

Smith 2.00

I'm guessing there is an average reduction somewhere? If so, I think this could win the league.

Totals 49.94, and yes it could be a league winning team if the right Bjerre turns up.

• Like 1

According to his article in the Star which has been written since Sunday - its not Bjerre!!!

I hope so. to hit and miss

• Like 1

1/ D.King

2/ J.Sarjeant / L.Kerr / J.Jacobs

3/ M.Fricke

4/ S.Worrall

5/ C.Cook

6/ D.Bewley

7/ J.Smith

Lets go British ... :lol:

I don't want to rain on your parade - but Max Fricke is Australian.

He might just be insulted if you called him British. They can be touchy about things like that. :o;):D :D :P

• Like 1

I don't want to rain on your parade - but Max Fricke is Australian.

He might just be insulted if you called him British. They can be touchy about things like that. :o;):D :D :P

Yes , i know he's Australian , i meant in regards to new faces .

Lets go predominantly British .... Is that better ? :t::lol:

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1