British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

If you look at Sedgmen as the teams 5th rated rider he held his own apart from one small stay at reserve in Swindons 1 to 5 all season. Looking at the other teams 5th rated riders Auty,Wright,Newman and Howarth all ended their season in the reserve position.Rose spent a big part of the season at reserve.Robson has had a few seasons away from a full season in the top league and its B W Dean 1st season in the top league.So on paper Belle vue have made a good signing and if his 7.60 average allows us to (if true) fit Bjerre into the team it makes him a even better signing.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

" you didn't say it , but you thought it "

quite possibly the most ludicrous thing ive read on this forum !

Can you read what im thinking now ??

I can. It's about Starman and it's not very complimentary... Good job you only thought it, you could have copped a ban for posting that!

Yes i do King is a extremely good rider who rides most tracks very well and Jacobs went very well at his home track,Bjerre and Sedgeman are both inconsistant but i would agree on his average Bjerre is good value just dont rate Sedgeman very highly

Jacobs went very well on his own track true. But he was awful away. There is zero doubt that Sedgeman strengthens Aces away from home. Despite the easier heat format Jacobs averaged around 2 away. I guess you could argue his away returns were more consistent than Sedgemans, but not in a good way!

I would have been happy enough with King/Jacobs, but Bjerknes/Sedgeman is undeniably stronger imo

Yes i do King is a extremely good rider who rides most tracks very well and Jacobs went very well at his home track,Bjerre and Sedgeman are both inconsistant but i would agree on his average Bjerre is good value just dont rate Sedgeman very highly

Jacobs went very well on his own track true. But he was awful away. There is zero doubt that Sedgeman strengthens Aces away from home. Despite the easier heat format Jacobs averaged around 2 away. I guess you could argue his away returns were more consistent than Sedgemans, but not in a good way!

I would have been happy enough with King/Jacobs, but Bjerknes/Sedgeman is undeniably stronger imo

• Like 4

Kenneth Bjerre has his faults, and there are some supporters who are vocal in their dislike of him. But to me KB would be a hellova choice at Belle Vue. His machinery is second to non and as fast as any others around, His greatest asset is his gating, When in front he is usually very smooth and untroubled..... Riding on the vast spaces at the NSS he would be in his element. If there was a track tailor made for KB then this would be it. The only time you see KB struggle is when he is in close company of other riders who he doesn't trust....... When considering his injury history, you can't blame him for that....

I would welcome KB in any team I support......

Strange I made this quote 2 weeks ago. To me it was a no brainer.

BV are now definitely 'Play-off' contenders.....

Fricke 9.92

Bjerre 8.22

Sedgeman 7.60

Worrall 8.47

Cook 9.83

Bewley 4.00

Smith 2.00

I'm guessing there is an average reduction somewhere? If so, I think this could win the league.

Definitely was the way to go! Great signing in Kenneth, struggle to find better second strings than Sedge and Bjerre!

So now 1 rider to go.

Got to be between fricke and king.

I think king may be the surprise last rider.

Don't count out woffy to. He fits perfectly I think 😂😂😂 wishful thinking I know

Five potential heat leader quality riders. Strong team, that just needs the young reserves to progress over the season.

Agree, there's enough in that top 5 in the current format to cover poor scores from reserve.

As the season goes on both Bewley and Smith will get better, especially with the brilliant home track they have.

Belle Vue will go unbeaten at home if they keep the same 7 all year

Is there anyone who thinks it could be to soon for the young reserves?I believe they will cope well i hope so we have some young English talent coming through now and i hope they can all push on.

could be tough for bewley and Smith on the away tracks but like you say they can only get better as the season progress can't wait