British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

They should have a decent team together and I already had them down as one of the four teams likely to be in the title race but I do think it's a shame they didn't use Richie Worrall and Joe Jacobs after last season.

Bjerre is on a bargain average but I don't think the NSS is his sort of track and more suited to the full throttle jockeys like Cook.

As for the comment about Frocks being in because his van is outside the stadium, well it's only on lease so he is hardly likely to have it in Australia so I wouldn't read that much into otherwise Argos could be the missing rider. 😁

Edited by T.N.T.

Don't understand why anyone thinks the NSS wouldn't suit Bjerre? Only really suited King as the only line in the Brit final was the outside, Bjerre on good fast equipment should be as capable as anyone plus in any case not all 7 have to be awesome round there but a good away performer which I'm confident he will be once again definitely merits his inclusion

• Like 1

They should have a decent team together and I already had them down as one of the four teams likely to be in the title race but I do think it's a shame they didn't use Richie Worrall and Joe Jacobs after last season.

Bjerre is on a bargain average but I don't think the NSS is his sort of track and more suited to the full throttle jockeys like Cook.

As for the comment about Frocks being in because his van is outside the stadium, well it's only on lease so he is hardly likely to have it in Australia so I wouldn't read that much into otherwise Argos could be the missing rider.

I am not a Bjerre fan but can't agree regarding BV not being his kind of track given his Peterborough record which is a big fast track and watching him in Poland where the fast tracks seem to suit him.
  • Like 3

As for the comment about Frocks being in because his van is outside the stadium, well it's only on lease so he is hardly likely to have it in Australia so I wouldn't read that much into otherwise Argos could be the missing rider.

I believe Maxs' van last year was silver so it must have changed colour.

Whichever way you look at it - Belle Vue are going to have a decent Team this year. That in itself is quite remarkable given the problems they have gone through this close Season.

Personally I am just very glad that we are definitely up and running in the coming Season - I sincerely hope that the 'Aces' will do well. Seeing that we may be beneftting from the Coventry situation - I would just like to say how sorry I am for the Club and their Supporters.

I believe Maxs' van last year was silver so it must have changed colour.

Seen as it had belle vue badges all over his van said it all. And yes it's a different colour. It's a new van. A 17 plate to be precise

• Like 2

As for the comment about Frocks being in because his van is outside the stadium, well it's only on lease so he is hardly likely to have it in Australia so I wouldn't read that much into otherwise Argos could be the missing rider. 😁

As it was me who made the comment, I'll expand a little further so you can grasp the significance of it.

It's a rentruck vehicle so is indeed a lease. If you know who they are then you'll also know that each van has the crest/emblem of the team whichever rider has the van is riding for.

In this case it was a huge BV crest. With the name max Fricke. I'm sure this isn't a cheap thing to do and so wouldn't be done just for the sake of it.

Said vehicle had a 17 plate and was outside the stadium. Today.

Max will be racing for BV in 2017, that is almost certain.

Hope that helps.

Just in respect of cook as well. Throttle jockey you say? You are aware he ridden one of the most technically demanding tracks in the PL, aren't you? One that requires significant throttle control? A track he made his baby.

Little, disrespectful, throw away comments like that are what a number of BV fans take issue with on this board.

Totally unnecessary.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

Bjerre a no brainer to complete the team if the other six named are in. Like the look if that side a lot, could well garecrash the top four when it had looked pretty certain who the Play Off teams would be.

He's a bit boring though, I'm no fan of Garrity but at least he's interesting to watch!

Is that what you call his style of riding? I could think of a few more descriptions. :lol:

• Like 1