British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

I like that side. You could swap kerr for bates sarj or Jacobs, though I think he is the best of those options.

Feel a bit like a vulture though picking up Bees riders - good to be able to employ a brit, but still feel awful for bees fans.

I would rather see King go to a team I like for 2017 like Belle Vue than one I don't.

• Like 2

Amongst all the doom and gloom, maybe some good can come out of all the pre season problems..

Namely that, for once, supply of riders will exceed demand meaning pressure on riders to perform or they will be replaced.

Pressure also on them to turn up rather than prioritise elsewhere and (whisper it) could we even see 'guests' that don't belong to teams in the same league?..

Don't get me wrong, its still not right, but maybe a move forward..?

I really like Wozniak and he is one of them who rides for the clubs fans in everyone of his races. He would be very entertaining.

Bjerre though is UK based and has the experience to pass onto the young ones. On a track like belle vue he would be brilliant on his average as a 2nd string aswell may I had. (Well for the 1st month or so anyway)

So for me if the 6 riders are already signed bjerre is a must.

Them that do t rate bjerre who would u rather have

MPT

Thomas jorgensen

Berge

Schlein

Wozniak

????????????????

Berge , better signing someone on his way up

I really like Wozniak and he is one of them who rides for the clubs fans in everyone of his races. He would be very entertaining.

Bjerre though is UK based and has the experience to pass onto the young ones. On a track like belle vue he would be brilliant on his average as a 2nd string aswell may I had. (Well for the 1st month or so anyway)

So for me if the 6 riders are already signed bjerre is a must.

Them that do t rate bjerre who would u rather have

MPT

Thomas jorgensen

Berge

Schlein

Wozniak

????????????????

Bjerre is streets ahead of all of those.

Bjerre/Cook/Fricke would be as good a top 3 as any in the league (Cook probably 1.5 off the top number ones, but Bjerre as good as any other 2nd string, and Fricke would be the best 3rd HL in the comp). Sedgeman/S Worrall would be the strongest 2nd string pairing by some distance, and Bewley/Smith would be an exciting reserve combo, if possibly light on points on the road? That would be a play off line up for sure,

• Like 1

Bjerre is streets ahead of all of those.

Bjerre/Cook/Fricke would be as good a top 3 as any in the league (Cook probably 1.5 off the top number ones, but Bjerre as good as any other 2nd string, and Fricke would be the best 3rd HL in the comp). Sedgeman/S Worrall would be the strongest 2nd string pairing by some distance, and Bewley/Smith would be an exciting reserve combo, if possibly light on points on the road? That would be a play off line up for sure,

Is Bjerre a top heat leader or as good as any other 2nd string.???

Bjerre is the last person I would want.

We ran with him during his injuries and he disappeared the next season on a low average ... also he is a rider rather than a racer.

I want Belle Vue full of racers !!!

Only because BV were going to build a team around Joe Screen, who didn't get on with Bjerre. We all know how that played out.

Personally wouldn't even put him 2nd.

Certainly behind Masters in the top flight, and better than Harris?

However he has certainly stepped ahead in Europe.

Id say in reality Masters is wolves 2nd hl, I would rate fricke ahead of Thorssel.

At rye I would consider nicholls/Kennet to be the 3rd hl, and think fricke will out perform both.

I think when looking at averages you need to account for what position riders rode last year, and those with high pl based averages when saying who is a number 1 or a 3rd hl.

Is Bjerre a top heat leader or as good as any other 2nd string.???

2nd hl, my error

Id say in reality Masters is wolves 2nd hl, I would rate fricke ahead of Thorssel.

At rye I would consider nicholls/Kennet to be the 3rd hl, and think fricke will out perform both.

I think when looking at averages you need to account for what position riders rode last year, and those with high pl based averages when saying who is a number 1 or a 3rd hl.

Time will tell I guess.

Fricke certainly has potential and if he realises it this year then the Aces are in for another good year.

• Like 1

Before going for Danny King it would be wise to check the fixture list first and see how many meetings he would miss.

Ipswich have priority over him this season so that could be a factor.

Only Ipswich fixtures on a Friday (Aces race night) are Edinburgh away.

Only Ipswich fixtures on a Friday (Aces race night) are Edinburgh away.

Thing is, King would be vital to the Aces promotion push away from home with his experience.

The fixtures on a Thursday (Swindon x2) & Saturday (Leicester & Rye House x2) could be crucial.