British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

Why would the hold up of an announcement from Belle Vue be the fault of the BSPA?

Every other club has to organise there own affairs and get things ready .

Seem to me that it's so easy to point the finger at the association every time a club is in trouble.

At this present time the BSPA Management Committee have responsibility for Belle Vue - that's why.

No they don't, The new Belle Vue owners are waiting from clearance from the Manchester City council to make an announcement with regards to there takeover of the club.

Wrong I'm afraid.

See Aces51 Post above.

The BSPA took it upon themselves to get involved and so do have a responsibility until the new owners are in place. That is why they have been issuing progress reports, nobody else can do so. It is the BSPA who decide whether the promoters will be licenced.

My understanding is that the BSPA do grant a license to the promoters who are not necessarily the owners. The promoters could be employed by the owners.

My understanding is that the BSPA do grant a license to the promoters who are not necessarily the owners. The promoters could be employed by the owners.

That's right. There have been many owners who are promoters and many promoters who are not owners.

Edited by Aces51

I was wondering where the spreaders of doom and gloom from the Leicester site have gone to. I know know They have joined the Belle Vue site.

I am from the Leicester thread, but please don't include me in the doom and gloom club..!!

I am realistic, and my mother used to work for the Leicester City Council, and you just would not believe the horror stories when the Council Officials get "a bee in their bonnet"

They can be right old ass*****!!

I feel for you Belle Vue Supporters, being held on tentahooks.. It's not very nice, is it. I, like yourself, hope that common decency prevails, and the delay is purely administrative.. and there are no underlying problems involving MCC dotting the i's and crossing the t's...

Edited by Shale Searcher

Am I alone in worrying whether or not Belle Vue will be riding in 2017?

The start of the Season is getting awfully close?

Not your not alone. I'm far from convinced about Belle Vue making it to the tapes. There is still lots of work to do and time is running out to get things ready.

so is this fact ? I guess there must be a link to a report on what you have posted or is this more made up news ??

Buster announced days after annulling the old Aces promotion that they would be racing in the top flight. I can find the link if you insist.

There had been no time for a bid other than Busters to have been formulated and presented at the time of this announcement. It could be measured in hours.

We still await an announcement on new owners as MCC didn't take up the offer from Busters lot. Common knowledge but I'm sure I could piece this together from information on the BSPA website, if you insist.

In this weeks Star David Gordon mention Pairmans first take over attempt being refused. I'd have to scan the article to show you this, if you insist.

Gordon Pairman put out a press release at the time he abandoned his second bid with a very unambiguous pop at the BSPA which I can find a link for if you insist.

I cannot give links about the pikey and calls information so your welcome to discount that if you insist.

There have been articles in the Star from various sources that mention this ring fenced arrangement. I could provide links if you insist.

Richie Worrall states he is not in the team despite assurances to the contrary from obviously the wrong people. I can provide a link if you insist.

I cannot provide a link to Busters poaching but it must be fairly easy for you to clarify these issues with your promoter and report back?

I have to say, you really should be aware of the information that is out there before posting in the manner you did.

I'd be intrigued to know who Cook and/or Fricke would have been signed instead of if these poaching rumours are correct. Can't imagine too many Lynn fans would swap any of who we have for 2017 for either rider.

At the time when this supposed poaching was going on, was Chapman the owner of Leicester (or about to be)?

Buster announced days after annulling the old Aces promotion that they would be racing in the top flight. I can find the link if you insist.

There had been no time for a bid other than Busters to have been formulated and presented at the time of this announcement. It could be measured in hours.

Maybe just maybe Buster was prepared to take over Belle Vue IF no other promoters could be found. That's speculation but in the absence of any credible source to the contrary it's just as likely as the scenario you are trying to paint.

• Like 2

Buster was convinced that his preferred consortium, with him exercising control from the shadows, was going to take over at the NSS. This was the reason he ring fenced riders.

MCC thought he was a pikey and refused his bid.

He then spat his dummy out and placed obstacles in front of Pairmans second attempt to take over. He also refused to discuss this bid with MCC by not taking or returning their calls.

He never lifted this gentlemans agreement

though once he knew his bid would fail he tried to sign Cook & Fricke.

The problem for Aces riders was that the wrong people were offering assurances for this coming season.

you no for a fact that MCC thought Buster was a pikey ?? Link please you no for a fact that Buster didn't return phone calls ?? Link please and you no for a fact that Buster tried to sign Cook and Fricke ?? Again link please . As I very much doubt you will find these links as I previously posted Made up news . Good luck hunting for those links
  • Like 3