British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2017

One simple question, why do your posts read like your attacking the poster

ho here you are have come back for round 2 you are a good one taking the Micky out of riders thinking because you pay your money you can say what ever you want I bet you know how to ride a speedway bike and given the chance will show us all how it's done. Well take it from me if you do ever get your leg over one make sure you are well insured and have plenty of medical staff around because you will need them

ho here you are have come back for round 2 you are a good one taking the Micky out of riders thinking because you pay your money you can say what ever you want I bet you know how to ride a speedway bike and given the chance will show us all how it's done. Well take it from me if you do ever get your leg over one make sure you are well insured and have plenty of medical staff around because you will need them

WTF is going on here. Who are you. What's ur obsession with belle vue???

WTF is going on here. Who are you. What's ur obsession with belle vue???

Have been wondering myself, bit of weird posting style, slightly familiar but not enough to pinpoint.

Anyway, thinking outside the box and it's a very long shot, Bigballs - Viz - Buster Gonad - Buster Chapm.... surely not...

• Like 1

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You're making no sense at all.

We do all have a financial interest in promoting speedway - as long as we continue to pay our money at the turnstiles. As that source of income has been drastically reduced at 90% of tracks the BSPA should be interested in our feedback but instead of taking comments and ideas as constructive, they are usually ( in my own experience ) ignored or treated as "moaners". When there are only a few "Yes, you are doing it all just right" supporters left - maybe, just maybe the fans point of view will be listened too and at least considered. Sadly that will be too late for the sport of speedway ( and long before the Centenary events are staged ).

I am un-sure as to what owing money to other clubs has directly to do with Manchester City Council. You have said to investigate but if that was the case surely it would have been done with the consent of the promoters and lease holders in an open meeting with the aim of finding a solution.

Perhaps you can explain further?

I have no inside knowledge merely trying to take an objective view. Perhaps some clubs AND RIDERS complained to the BSPA that they were owed money from Belle Vue. The BSPA ask Belle Vue when they will settle those bills and they respond 'we are waiting for compensation from the Council and then we will pay all of our debts' Rather than just accept those comments then perhaps the BSPA chairman sought to clarify from the Council that any compenstion would be enough to allow the Belle Vue promotion to settle their debts.

As I say I have no inside knowledge just trying to piece together what happened and why those actions might have been taken. Yes the Chairman had a responsibilty to the Belle Vue promotion but also to the rest of the clubs some of whom could have faced severe financial difficulties if debts from Belle Vue were not settled. The result of which could have been even worse for speedway.

Hopefully we will eventually find out the truth to this very sad story

Edited by toontrader
  • Like 2

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You're making no sense at all. You soon forget what you've wrote go and have a look at post 1843

That is great but it appears that MCC are announcing the details, if so why?, do they now own the club.

Looks like it. I think there was talk of just renting the stadium like most other speedway stadia.

The new owners are renting the whole stadium. Not just the track.

It's been on the cards from the beginning that MCC would release the statement. They are making it a big thing apparently.

• Like 1

The new owners are renting the whole stadium. Not just the track.

It's been on the cards from the beginning that MCC would release the statement. They are making it a big thing apparently.

Is it a coincidence that tomorrow is also the day that the Speedway Star prints the report on the track?

• Like 2

Today's the day then, when the new promoters are announced isn't it?

Will it be in the form of a Donald Trump Tweet, or a BSPA Press Release that Speedway Star can simply copy and paste into their next issue or will there be a formal old fashioned press conference?

What would people think if at the end it said something like the first rider will be revealed next week. Nothing quite like stringing the fans along is there?

Today's the day then, when the new promoters are announced isn't it?

Will it be in the form of a Donald Trump Tweet, or a BSPA Press Release that Speedway Star can simply copy and paste into their next issue or will there be a formal old fashioned press conference?

What would people think if at the end it said something like the first rider will be revealed next week. Nothing quite like stringing the fans along is there?

Riders will be announced next week. Probably at fans Forum, that they plan on having

• Like 1