British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Bridger should be nowhere near the squad. Averaging about 6 in the weakest premier league theres been in god knows how long. Absolute tool of the highest order.

Thinks he is way better than he actually is.

Tool of the highest order, you must be related!

• Like 1

Bridger should be nowhere near the squad. Averaging about 6 in the weakest premier league theres been in god knows how long. Absolute tool of the highest order.

Not a fan then, though opinions of Bridger of those at Berwick are slightly different. Bridger started the season on JRM equipment and Revolution Racing sponsorship, both of which didn't work out for the rider. Since switching to GM kit he has done far better, then got injured in a crash at Berwick. IMO Bridger if fit would've been good enough to make the ten man squad though probably not good enough to make the final team.

• Like 1

Always has.. it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference if he was in the squad.. or even the team. He would just be pulling wheelies at the back

I know. Hence my underline. We want BT or Sky to cover multiple meetings including our domestic leagues and KO cup etc. not just a handful of dates. We risk losing TV coverage altogether of any speedway in this country if the best riders in the World choose not to ride in certain events.

SIMPLE reason ... cost. BT take the world feed from BSI for the SGP and SWC (no production costs other than their studio) and they have out-sourced production of domestic speedway and are not paying the BSPA any money. Basically, they are just providing the air time.

Yes- think it was in last week`s Star- he wants to give the youngsters their opportunity(same reason as he said last year)

Except this year he's making it clear in advance at least. It's a bollocks excuse he's giving though, only the most gullible sycophantic fool would believe that. Hancock does what Hancock wants for Hancock.

I know there are many who aren't prepared to cut Greg any slack but he has appeared in the World Cup since 1989. He has given USA good service over almost 30 years with last 10 the USA having little chance of winning. Can't think of anyone else in a motor sport who would get stick for not competing at 46. Admittedly I didn't feel comfortable with his absence from the race off last year after doing so much to ensure the USA qualified but I think we should look at the big picture

Australia have an embarrassment of riches, they could probably enter two teams at Lynn and finish first & second. You'd imagine they will go Doyle, Holder, Batch and Masters but at least three of the others can stake a strong claim.

Australia have an embarrassment of riches, they could probably enter two teams at Lynn and finish first & second. You'd imagine they will go Doyle, Holder, Batch and Masters but at least three of the others can stake a strong claim.

No way in this world on current form could you put Masters over Morris ?

I haven't heard anything about the Russian team on here unless I missed something. Seems in the past they have been a little less then passionate about showing up but with Emil and the Laguta brothers and the others on the roster having some good heats I could see some excitement from them.....?