British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Rosco doesn't like Lawson for some reason, that's been made clear in the past.

Rosco is a complete and utter plonker, always had been , always will be.

If Laswon's rants on Facebook are a reflection of his personality then I'm not surprised Rosco doesn't like him.

The qualifying round is in Riga on the 25th June- with the winners going on to the Vastervik round- meeting starts 2pm UK time

Italy

Castagna

Tessari

Franchetti

Milanese

Latvia

Bogdanovs

Puodzoks

Lebedevs

Kostygov

France

Bellago

M Tresarrieu

S Tresarrieu

Dubernard

Germany

Smolinski

M Riss

Huckenbeck

E Riss

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Initial 10 man squads announced

MONSTER ENERGY FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP SQUADS
EVENT 1, JULY 1, KING’S LYNN

GREAT BRITAIN (YELLOW): Craig Cook, Josh Bates, Adam Ellis, Chris Harris, Kyle Howarth, Danny King, Robert Lambert, Scott Nicholls, Richie Worrall, Steven Worrall. Team Manager: Alun Rossiter.
AUSTRALIA (WHITE): Troy Batchelor, Jason Doyle, Max Fricke, Josh Grajczonek, Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz, Sam Masters, Nick Morris, Rohan Tungate. Team Manager: Mark Lemon.
CZECH REPUBLIC (RED): Vaclav Milik, Josef Franc, Matej Kus, Eduard Krcmar, Hynek Stichauer, Tomas Suchanek, Zdenek Holub, Ondrej Smetana, Patrik Mikel. Team Manager: Milan Spinka.
USA (BLUE): Ricky Wells, Luke Becker, Giovanni Manzares, Broc Nicol, Dillon Ruml, Aaron Fox, Scott Campos. Team Manager: Lance King.

EVENT 2, JULY 4, VASTERVIK
SWEDEN (RED): Fredrik Lindgren, Andreas Jonsson, Antonio Lindback, Peter Ljung, Jacob Thorssell, Linus Sundstrom, Kim Nilsson, Timo Lahti, Joel Kling, Kenny Wennerstam. Team Manager: Morgan Andersson.
DENMARK (WHITE): Niels-Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Michael Jepsen Jensen, Leon Madsen, Mikkel Michelsen, Peter Kildemand, Hans Andersen, Anders Thomsen, Patrick Hansen, Frederik Jakobsen. Team Manager: Hans Nielsen.
RUSSIA (YELLOW): Andrei Kudriashov, Viktor Kulakov, Vadim Tarasenko, Renat Gafurov, Emil Sayfutdinov, Sergei Logachev, Grigorii Laguta, Vladimir Borodulin, Artem Laguta, Gleb Chugunov. Team Manager: Andrei Savin.

Initial 10 man squads announced

USA (BLUE): Ricky Wells, Luke Becker, Giovanni Manzares, Broc Nicol, Dillon Ruml, Aaron Fox, Scott Campos. [=7 riders]

Did I miss an announcement? Is Greg Hancock not riding in the SWC at all?

So we have two of the leading riders in the World not taking part in the World Cup. Hardly a satisfactory situation. Nothing against the other riders, but the prospect of Greg and Tai going up against each other at King's Lynn is (was) something to be savoured, surely?

So we have two of the leading riders in the World not taking part in the World Cup. Hardly a satisfactory situation. Nothing against the other riders, but the prospect of Greg and Tai going up against each other at King's Lynn is (was) something to be savoured, surely?

If the money was decent they would be there like a shot !!!

• Like 5

Lewis Bridger kicking off on twitter that British Speedway is poorly run, Rossiter hasnt spoken to him since his change of equipment etc. Maybe I'm just missing something but he has dropped nearly 3 points from his starting average in a weaker league, why on earth would he even be in consideration for making the squad? Absolute wolly, wants to concentrate on scoring points for Berwick rather than putting topless selfies on instagram telling everyone hes whatever percent bodyfat.

• Like 2

Lewis Bridger kicking off on twitter that British Speedway is poorly run, Rossiter hasnt spoken to him since his change of equipment etc. Maybe I'm just missing something but he has dropped nearly 3 points from his starting average in a weaker league, why on earth would he even be in consideration for making the squad? Absolute wolly, wants to concentrate on scoring points for Berwick rather than putting topless selfies on instagram telling everyone hes whatever percent bodyfat.

I agree about his average but when Rossiter doesn't invite riders like Bridger & Lawson to the start of season training camp something is wrong. To have the GB manager to tell Lawson he forgot about him and has to apologise for the oversight is scandalous and unforgivable.

Have you not looked at Bridgers points now on GM!

I agree about his average but when Rossiter doesn't invite riders like Bridger & Lawson to the start of season training camp something is wrong. To have the GB manager to tell Lawson he forgot about him and has to apologise for the oversight is scandalous and unforgivable.

I'm pretty sure Bridger was there when they done all the fitness testing and then the practice session put on at Kings Lynn? I agree Rossiters management skills are a shambles and the way British speedway is run generally I just find it hilarious to see Bridger moaning because other than being a small track rider whats he ever actually done in speedway to warrant such a high opinion of himself.

To be fair to Greg he is 46 and ridden in virtually every World Cup since he's been in his early twenties

Tai rode for us last year as a similar key player to Greg in the USA team and we got a silver medal. He knows that the USA has a chance of achieving a respectable result (ok, not a silver medal) with his help and regardless of his numerous appearances should be both proud to wear the stars and stripes and know that when your country calls, you should answer the call. Bringing on the youth of your national side is best done by leadership, not by sending them to certain defeat.

Oh but I'm biased. If Greg rode in the King's Lynn round I'd go and see him.

If all the best riders in the world rode in all the rounds, I'd take my friends and family and their friends and anyone else who I could persuade to go to a world class meeting.

I might even use it to lean on the TV companies to cover the SWC as well as our domestic meetings.

Tai rode for us last year as a similar key player to Greg in the USA team and we got a silver medal. He knows that the USA has a chance of achieving a respectable result (ok, not a silver medal) with his help and regardless of his numerous appearances should be both proud to wear the stars and stripes and know that when your country calls, you should answer the call. Bringing on the youth of your national side is best done by leadership, not by sending them to certain defeat.

Oh but I'm biased. If Greg rode in the King's Lynn round I'd go and see him.

If all the best riders in the world rode in all the rounds, I'd take my friends and family and their friends and anyone else who I could persuade to go to a world class meeting.

I might even use it to lean on the TV companies to cover the SWC as well as our domestic meetings.

BT do cover the SWC ...

BT do cover the SWC ...

I know. Hence my underline. We want BT or Sky to cover multiple meetings including our domestic leagues and KO cup etc. not just a handful of dates. We risk losing TV coverage altogether of any speedway in this country if the best riders in the World choose not to ride in certain events.

Bridger should be nowhere near the squad. Averaging about 6 in the weakest premier league theres been in god knows how long. Absolute tool of the highest order.

Thinks he is way better than he actually is.