British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Pathetic from gb sorry but Robert lambert is shockingly bad! Rides in Poland and is that slow !??

I'm a big fan of Robert, he rides for my local team in Poland, but you have to remember it's only 2nd division, top 5 riders according to stats are: Nowak, Gizatulin, Woelbert, Masters and Jablonski, Skornicki who retired 3 years ago is 10th...

Harris made a good start and didn't put a wheel wrong, but he's only on a 500cc, and a 500cc can't compete with the Barry McGuigans than Emil and the Poles have.

why so bitter? what did you expect? Team GB ahead of Russia, Sweden and Poland after 10 heats or what?

Edited by tarkens

Have never understood all the talk of Lambert being ready for the SGP. He looks very average against top riders & off the pace

The lad is very good on the bike,just needs extra horsepower like the Poles have.But i don't think we are allowed to use that size in our league :o

I'm also proud that these boys want to ride for GB,unlike some.No matter how poor the team is doing you should be proud they want to represent your country.

Edited by tellboy

I'm a big fan of Robert, he rides for my local team in Poland, but you have to remember it's only 2nd division, top 5 riders according to stats are: Nowak, Gizatulin, Woelbert, Masters and Jablonski, Skornicki who retired 3 years ago is 10th...

he's had tough rides for sure but he's so far behind it's embarrassing considering he was 3rd in under 21's last year
  • Like 1

why so bitter? what did you expect? Team GB ahead of Russia, Sweden and Poland after 10 heats or what?

I don't think it's bitterness, just abject disappointment that we're so far off the pace. Men v boys as far as we're concerned.

Team GB are a million miles behind the Poles and will continue to be whilst our riders double up at home riding against nothing but sub par opponents, to get better you need to ride against the best, not Championship reserves who in turn double down in the 3rd tier.

Riders like Worral and Lambert shouldnt be anywhere near events like this, they only are because of the state we have allowed the sport in this country to decend to.

• Like 2

I don't think it's bitterness, just abject disappointment that we're so far off the pace. Men v boys as far as we're concerned.

fair enough to be disappointed, i'd be too, but too claim that Poles are using illegal 'machinery' is ridiculous, you guys complain a lot about tr3mm0r being a troll while there're a couple guys here tonight saying rubbish just because Team GB is nowhere near as good as Poland or Sweden