British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

We've had this sort of rubbish on here all week, this team's crap, that track's crap, it's all going to end in misery etc etc.

Is it really worth bothering at all if you feel so despondent about it, why not go to the pub, or watch some inane Saturday night tv. If I thought a film was going to be rubbish I wouldn't bloody watch it.

Just sayin...

No need to be like that, just saying it as I saw it. Vastervik was an absolute celebration of speedway and it's a mystery why so many other tracks are so poor. I hope tonight is equally fantastic, but the Leszno track staff need to work harder. Maybe all tracks need banking?

I just hope that playing those silly "jokers" do spoil the meeting tonight. Just seems wrong if a team gets to the top without playing the joker gets beaten by a just point by a team that does. In my opinion this "jokers" should be removed from all race meetings, if a team gets behind by 6 points then so be it, why should they be able to get bonus points to catch up?

Edited by mike1944
  • Like 1

I just hope that playing those silly "jokers" do spoil the meeting tonight. Just seems wrong if a team gets to the top without playing the joker gets beaten by a just point from a team that does. In my opinion this "jokers" should be removed from all race meetings, if a team gets behind by 6 points then so be it, why should they be able to get bonus points to catch up?

I don't think you'll find an argument to that on here, unfortunately the clowns that run the sport still seem to think it's a great idea. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

I just hope that playing those silly "jokers" do spoil the meeting tonight. Just seems wrong if a team gets to the top without playing the joker gets beaten by a just point from a team that does. In my opinion this "jokers" should be removed from all race meetings, if a team gets behind by 6 points then so be it, why should they be able to get bonus points to catch up?

quite agree ... Just like the TR rule now and the old TS was :nono:

ITS FIM WHO BANS!!! NOT POLAND U IGNORANT!!!

it took 3 months for FIM to ban Dudek!!! They erased all he earned in that time. I believe 4 weeks is an improvement!

Not me that's ignorant - you sir.

Don't know what the first word is in your language, but in English, the second word is OFF

Nowhere did I say Poland, and not FIM, banned Laguta - just read it, or get a proper translation

The Polish speedway authorities have produced a drugs result, the timing of which seems somewhat strange, following Russia's impressive qualification at Vastervik and Australia's less than impressive performance at Kings Lynn

Maybe, just maybe, someone Polish was worried that Russia just might come good in the final if they qualified

That's all I'm saying - I think Rob McC agrees with me

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 3

Don't know what the first word is in your language, but in English, the second word is OFF

Nowhere did I say Poland, and not FIM, banned Laguta - just read it, or get a proper translation

The Polish speedway authorities have produced a drugs result, the timing of which seems somewhat strange, following Russia's impressive qualification at Vastervik and Australia's less than impressive performance at Kings Lynn

Maybe, just maybe, someone Polish was worried that Russia just might come good in the final if they qualified

Say hoover but put a K instead of the H at the front and I think you have the word you are looking for, or maybe you are thinking of a different word entirely.

Agreed, the timing is highly suspect. Four weeks since testing and the PZM make it public in the middle of the SWC? Don't expect to have a reasoned discussion with the Polish troll though, ridicule is far more appropriate since all he ever does is goad, boast and gloat. He/she/it seems to think that's appropriate behaviour when talking to the British supporters. We have our faults but even our worst is far better than his/her/its best :wink:

There are powerful commercial interests in Polish speedway and money breeds questionable behaviour. It also sadly attracts the same kind of yobs that still pollute football.

• Like 2

Agreed, the timing is highly suspect. Four weeks since testing and the PZM make it public in the middle of the SWC? Don't expect to have a reasoned discussion with the Polish troll though, ridicule is far more appropriate since all he ever does is goad, boast and gloat. He/she/it seems to think that's appropriate behaviour when talking to the British supporters. We have our faults but even our worst is far better than his/her/its best :wink:

There are powerful commercial interests in Polish speedway and money breeds questionable behaviour. It also sadly attracts the same kind of yobs that still pollute football.

I'll think you'll find that this troll, is exactly the same troll that pervades most threads under several different names.

No Polish in him/her/it at all...

Agreed, the timing is highly suspect. Four weeks since testing and the PZM make it public in the middle of the SWC?

It's maybe worth pointing out that it roughly the same amount of time for test results to be released in the cases of Alexandr Loktaev and Patrick Dudek, the last two riders failing tests at Polish league matches.

Whilst the timing may seem suspicious/unfortunate, it's consistent with what has happened in the past. I guess this is the normal timescale for whatever laboratory the Polish league use for their testing.

So all this discussion about Russia is predicated on the assumption that they will do no good now Grigori has been banned. Seem to recall people saying that on Thursday. Oh well, I'd like to wait and see.......