British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Interesting that the Russian team manager was talking to Bogdanovs prior to start of heat 14. Then Bogdanovs takes Doyle wide and Tarasenko cuts back.

One hour 8 minutes into above . Talks to Tarasenko then Bogdanovs who nods back.

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1

What's it got to do with Lemo? He doesn't control their personalities.

Personalities my rear end! What is there to control? You could say Cook is difficult to 'control' but there seems no issue for GB with him, you could say Nicki wasn't ideal to handle but he always gave it his all when selected...Lemon shows ineffective leadership controls plus at the end of the day he picked the side he should know what to expect if there is a problem, that side needs stronger leadership skills and if any rebel still then they are out on there arse

JKeep one thing in mind guys. Grigorij Łaguta got caught on dopping and he rode for Russia in the semi. I won't be surprised if Danes will make an official compliant about that and Łaguta's points he earned for his team in the semi will get eventually substracted which could alter the results.

So the semi will be rerun tomorrow

Be the fastest the FIM have ever moved

Maybe the Poles shouldn't have sat on their hands for so long before announcing It

Drugs test results are available the next day

Personalities my rear end! What is there to control? You could say Cook is difficult to 'control' but there seems no issue for GB with him, you could say Nicki wasn't ideal to handle but he always gave it his all when selected...Lemon shows ineffective leadership controls plus at the end of the day he picked the side he should know what to expect if there is a problem, that side needs stronger leadership skills and if any rebel still then they are out on there arse

You're clutching at straws there mate. I said the Aussies were whiny and uninspiring, and that's nothing to do with Mark Lemon.

Whilst i am happy the Aussies went out,and agree they do moan and whinge alot.That said,reminds of many people on here,some of whom are actually saying those things about the Aussies.I include myself at times pot,kettle etc :P:shock::D

Whilst it was rather funny watching thevAussies mess up, I don't see why people are saying they were cheating.

If there is a rule that enables you to benefit from being behind by a certain amount of points then it's perfectly legitimate to play for it as far as I'm concerned.

It's a stupid rule, but as long as It is there it needs to be played for.

Whilst it was rather funny watching thevAussies mess up, I don't see why people are saying they were cheating.

If there is a rule that enables you to benefit from being behind by a certain amount of points then it's perfectly legitimate to play for it as far as I'm concerned.

And you need proof

They were punished, of course it was cheating. If it wasn't cheating then they wouldn't have been punished.

We all know its a rule after Hancock was excluded in a GP for not trying.

I just wish that damn Joker would be kicked into touch and never ever seen again. Why should a team that is behind be gifted bonus points to catch up -- does it happen in any other sport. I never have liked the Joker and never will like the Joker, teams are what they are, if a team are 10, 20 or 30 points behind then so be it, I do not want to see an engineered result with gift points given away so they could catch up.

• Like 5

They were punished, of course it was cheating. If it wasn't cheating then they wouldn't have been punished.

We all know its a rule after Hancock was excluded in a GP for not trying.

There is a rule that you can be excluded for not making a bonafide effort to race.

There is also a rule that you can be excluded for falling off.

Is falling off also cheating then?

No problem with Bachelor being excluded. I just don't think it's cheating to try and use the joker if it is an option. Otherwise it shouldn't be an option.

It's been a rule for a long time. I remember SteveGresham getting excluded at Swindon for not trying.

Edited by grachan

Interesting that the Russian team manager was talking to Bogdanovs prior to start of heat 14. Then Bogdanovs takes Doyle wide and Tarasenko cuts back.

One hour 8 minutes into above . Talks to Tarasenko then Bogdanovs who nods back.

SWC is just like Eurovision , nearest neighbours helping each other out , probably a deal done before a wheel was turned , shame the Ruskies couldn't help Latvia to the silver ,

• Like 1

SWC is just like Eurovision , nearest neighbours helping each other out , probably a deal done before a wheel was turned , shame the Ruskies couldn't help Latvia to the silver ,

Interesting point here. An evidence for what you are talking about is what happened after Latvia beat the danes in the extra heat for the third place in Västervik. After Lebedevs won the heat not only did his teammates and the latvian leaders run towards him and started to cheer, so did also the Russian team.

Interesting spot, and not at all surprised. That first bend was text-book team riding along with exploiting one of Doyle's major weaknesses.

No doubt this come about because of Batchelor's move.

Aussies were not great all the way through but it was a truly shocking collapse from them after the Batchelor incident. It's like they had no composure or temperament at all. Apart from Fricke, they just got worse and worse and worse.

Delighted for the Russians, they all rode well, and rode intelligently.

I will be amazed if the Poles don't win tomorrow, and by quite a large margin I expect, but there's no doubt this World Cup has probably been the most entertaining WC in years, largely thanks to the Russians.

• Like 2

Just watched the race off the Aussie s what a disappointment Doyle ok blew it getting excluded holder poor at this level he should be scoring more I like Chris but don t know he has more bad rides than good ones hopefully he can turn it around batch not good at this level should score more master s still leaning fricke good rider will be a top gp rider in the future the ruskis well done they deserved it on the night the young 17 teen year old rode his socks off and well done to USA and Becker in that last ride great ride onto tomorrow I hope team Gb give a good account of themselves and get a medal should be a good leaning curve for lambert worrel and cook the main thing is don't finish last in any heats and we ll be in with a shout. Good luck to the boys

Interesting point here. An evidence for what you are talking about is what happened after Latvia beat the danes in the extra heat for the third place in Västervik. After Lebedevs won the heat not only did his teammates and the latvian leaders run towards him and started to cheer, so did also the Russian team.

Bear in mind that for fifty years Latvia was part of the Soviet Union who shipped in a heck of a lot of ethnic Russians who now form over a quarter of the population.

When Emil was interviewed after the Daugavpils GP he said it was effectively a home GP for him.

As for the joker rule, it invites corruption.

Edited by Rob McCaffery