British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Tweet 1

that bloke calling me a prat with a his 2 young kids? I offered him to come over the fence for a dust up but was a pussy and bottled it!!

Tweet 2

Haha i dont care mate because when i retire in my big ass house with my beautiful family i wont give a idiot about people like you

Tweet 3

I dont care about the team! im replying to people giving me rubbish for who i am nothing to do with the team

No wonder they were taken down, possibly from advice by his PR guru, clearly Woffinden still has some growing up to do and has no intention of riding again for Team GB.

Fine by me.

• Like 1

The tweet that got my back up the most was he replied to some with "I don't care less what fans think, once I have a big a$$ house, bad a$$ car and a beautiful family you'll all be forgotten."

Rubbish. He said he didn't care what the troll thought about him. Not all fans. As I said in an earlier post he gave the trolls that abused something back. Made for good reading..

• Like 1

Rubbish. He said he didn't care what the troll thought about him. Not all fans. As I said in an earlier post he gave the trolls that abused something back. Made for good reading..

That seemed to be the case from what has been posted and claimed to be what he said.

Well if that's the kind of person you want representing Your country, I feel sorry for you.

I prefer to have my country and ultimately me, to be represented by someone who knows how to respect others and behave professionally

Step forward Craig Cook

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

Well if that's the kind of person you want representing Your country, I feel sorry for you.

I prefer to have my country and ultimately me, to be represented by someone who knows how to respect others and behave professionally

Step forward Craig Cook

He's a superb rider and I want him in the team. No sports person is loved by everyone. Twitter allows stars to chat with fans but also allows personal abuse from mindless idiots. When it gets given back I think its warranted and not a problem. Its deserved. Maybe its unprofessional in some ways but why take crap from people who have never met you.

You are blocked from his twitter. Now how did that happen or can I guess. Maybe you are the sort of hateful person I would never want to meet. .You talk about respect. It goes two ways.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

Step forward Craig Cook

Take your point but Craig has had his moments on social media to, though to be fair to Cook he has certainly upped his game this season.

Yes but only if it happens during the WTC. That's probably why Australia didn't replace Doyle. They'd be hoping he's fit enough to ride on Friday/Saturday. If they'd replaced him yesterday with, for example, Jack Holder, they would have to stick with that team throughout the week. They wouldn't be able to bring Doyle back in. At least that's the way I read it.

Spot on

I remember when the World Cup had all the top riders, GB had little to beat apart from Holder, the rest were just making up the numbers. Sadly GB will get hammered in the final.

Maybe, but then all the experts here were predicting we'd struggle to get second. Can't we just enjoy the achievement and just see what happens in Leszno? I expect if we do well there someone will try to sound clever by saying we'll get thrashed the following year or they don't want rider X to ride for us because they don't like what he puts on Twitter.

To be honest, some countries don't deserve success - all it does is either make them complacent and arrogant or say it'll all end in disaster.

As for Woffinden, after seeing the childish bile on here I I hope he does defect to the Aussies since he isn't deserved by the Brits, even allowing for his own stupid behaviour.

I fear for Craig Cook becoming successful - he already gets more than enough garbage from so-called 'fans'.

I really enjoyed the GB performance. More fool me for visiting here to have you all prove to me that I shouldn't have. Lovely people. Do any of you like a sport called speedway?

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

You are blocked from his twitter. Now how did that happen or can I guess. Maybe you are the sort of hateful person I would never want to meet. .You talk about respect. It goes two ways.

I honestly can't remember the detail but I was not abusive I can assure you.

Danish webmasters racecard for round 2 Vastervik Tuesday JULY 4TH http://www.holsted-speedway.dk/media/2017/Heatskemaer/SWC-E2-2017.pdf

Cheers for that. I did use the one you put up first for last night, still unsure what to do when a rider is replaced, do you fill in the plain square for that rider, obviously the coloured square relates to the original rider.. confused.com..

Looks like I'll need to get used to these cards as they are the only ones available these days, bring back Manche... oh wait, maybe not.

Cheers for that. I did use the one you put up first for last night, still unsure what to do when a rider is replaced, do you fill in the plain square for that rider, obviously the coloured square relates to the original rider.. confused.com..

Looks like I'll need to get used to these cards as they are the only ones available these days, bring back Manche... oh wait, maybe not.

If a rider is replaced i put a cross in his box and neatly draw a box around the replacement ! if on a joker i put a J above the box. I also make nice boxes for the riders in heats 17-20.

Sad isn`t it :lol:

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

If a rider is replaced i put a cross in his box and neatly draw a box around the replacement ! if on a joker i put a J above the box. I also make nice boxes for the riders in heats 17-20.

Sad isn`t it :lol:

Not at all, I'll be adopting those little gems myself. Tbh I do miss the gate stats boxes, they were truly innovative and certainly helped when studying the races later in the meetings.

Roll on Tuesday!!

Whatever are the rights and wrongs of why Tai refuses to ride for GB he is alienating himself from a large chunk of British fans.

There maybe valid reasons on why he is not riding which the majority of fans would be sympathetic to and understand - there may not......

At the moment though with this limbo and silence from Tai, if I am honest, my enthusiasm to support him in the GP is wearing thin and that maybe completely unjust (or not) .

• Like 1

Watched this when I got back from the Glasgow v Sheffield meeting , pretty mundane stuff wasn't it ? Apart from the cameraman trying to film up the start girl's skirts , there wasn't much to keep me awake .

• Like 1

Watched this when I got back from the Glasgow v Sheffield meeting , pretty mundane stuff wasn't it ? Apart from the cameraman trying to film up the start girl's skirts , there wasn't much to keep me awake .

It was about as interesting as an average Berwick meeting. Sadly, that seems to be becoming the norm at more and more tracks. Sitting here watching the Polish final on nSport+, I am being reminded of what real speedway, with real passing is all about.

• Like 1

It was about as interesting as an average Berwick meeting. Sadly, that seems to be becoming the norm at more and more tracks. Sitting here watching the Polish final on nSport+, I am being reminded of what real speedway, with real passing is all about.

How come the some of the Polish riders in the WC team were able to ride in the Polish Final, I thought that once the comp started the riders could not race elsewhere?.