British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

How many of them are World Champions "ouch" was talking about?

Currently 4-1 to the UK trained Aussies v the poles over the last few years. LOL.

Maybe your mafia could allow poles to ride in the UK then you might get another WC like Ipswich rider Gollob.

Make the best of your probable win on Saturday, helped no end by being on home soil. Last year in the UK the poles at the top of their game managed to the trophy in heat 19 against a British team whose current league set up can be described as troubled. This is as good as it gets for you guys and as soon as the other nations regroup you'll be back to your regular supporting cast position which in all fairness you do very well.

Sure I,m not the first to say this but surely it would be better to seed the host country to the race off. Winners of Event 1 and 2 straight to the final, the 2 second places plus the best 3rd place to join the hosts in the race off with 2 to qualify from that meeting to the final.. The race off has lost a little bit with only the winner going to the final, If 1 team has a good start to the meeting , the joker becomes the key to the meeting which is not great, with 2 to the final from the race off it keeps the meeting alive if one team clears off. The hosts still get to promote a big meeting on the Friday, with the probability that the hosts will qualify for the final. Expecting to see a big differential between the crowd for the race off and final in Leszno this week, if the Poles were in both meetings it would be packed for both.

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2

I hate the quoting system on this forum!!! Can't multiquote rubbish!

Anyway. Sweden and Denmark may be aging. I agree. Tell me why then UK should prepare the track in a specific way?

Do you think that Leszno track will be prepared in a specific way that will promote the Polish team?

It won't and that is the difference between Polish PZM and British BSPA in promoting the discipline.

That's the reason speedway thrives in Poland and why the word "speedway" is instantly confused with a car race track in the UK.

Ask Poles if they believed Szczakiel gonna become a World Champion!

IT's speedway. One of the most unpredictable sports on Earth!

EVERY SPEEDWAY FAN KNOWS THAT

Just as every speedway fan knows the Polish team will have been putting plenty of laps in round the Leszno track over the last few weeks, and quite right to, just as you can bet the PZM will do everything to ensure a Polish team win next Saturday. Yes I know its an FIM event but the track will be just as the Polish riders want it.

Sure I,m not the first to say this but surely it would be better to seed the host country to the race off. Winners of Event 1 and 2 straight to the final, the 2 second places plus the best 3rd place to join the hosts in the race off with 2 to qualify from that meeting to the final.. The race off has lost a little bit with only the winner going to the final, If 1 team has a good start to the meeting , the joker becomes the key to the meeting which is not great, with 2 to the final from the race off it keeps the meeting alive if one team clears off. The hosts still get to promote a big meeting on the Friday, with the probability that the hosts will qualify for the final. Expecting to see a big differential between the crowd for the race off and final in Leszno this week, if the Poles were in both meetings it would be packed for both.

Posted exactly that earlier, the host being in the semi and the top two going to the final

Good point New Science.

In 2014 I was at the race off and final in Bydgoszcz and it was deserted for the 1st meeting. Such a pity as the racing was sublime.

The final was also superb racing, in front of a full house.

On a few occasions recently the playoff has been the better meeting of the playoff and final.

I suspect you won't be saying the same thing in a week's time when we fail to retain our Silver Medal.

Probably not, but then again not many of us expected Team GB to win last night and go the Final directly. Obviously Leszno will be a completely different in fact and kind of medal will be a huge achievement.

• Like 1

I'm a big Woffinden fan but I have to say very disappointingly, he made himself look a complete arrogant d!k on Twitter last night.

GB put in a terrific performance but he enjoyed making last night all about him.

With that arrogance, I'd be happy for him to be kept away from the GB team.

To be in the team it has to be about us as a collective and not about "me".

As a fan of his, I'm gutted by his attitude :sad:

Copy and paste his tweets, can"t see them for obvious reasons lol

Back to 'us' though.

Can we make a team change (not that I would personally) or do we have to go with the rider's we had last night?

New rule this year - once the manager announces his team of 5 thats it, set in stone.

Thats why Aussie couldnt do anything last about Doyles injury - they can have him back next Friday if they want.

Round 2 on Tuesday should be interesting - ok its in Sweden and I expect them to do ok, but its not a really strong team. Neither is Denmark, Russia is without Artem Laguta (anyone know why?) and Latvia may provide an odd upset, probably more so then Czech and USA did at Kings Lynn.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

I'm a big Woffinden fan but I have to say very disappointingly, he made himself look a complete arrogant d!k on Twitter last night.

GB put in a terrific performance but he enjoyed making last night all about him.

With that arrogance, I'd be happy for him to be kept away from the GB team.

To be in the team it has to be about us as a collective and not about "me".

As a fan of his, I'm gutted by his attitude :sad:

I can't see anything on his Twitter that would provoke this comment, although I am incredibly bad at working out Twitter.

Perhaps you should tell us what he put that has incensed you so much.

Does anyone know when does Manager Rossiter has to name his squad and then the final team. ? We'll see how good he is as a manager this year as he'll be working without Woffy.

He enjoyed the plaudits for Silver in 2016 but realistically only one rider did the business for GB in the final. A success for the 2017 team would be to reach the final.

Does that answer your question.......nice one Rosco

• Like 1

New rule this year - once the manager announces his team of 5 thats it, set in stone.

Thats why Aussie couldnt do anything last about Doyles injury - they can have him back next Friday if they want.

That's not correct, an injury replacement is allowed by permission.

• Like 1

I can't see anything on his Twitter that would provoke this comment, although I am incredibly bad at working out Twitter.

Perhaps you should tell us what he put that has incensed you so much.

I think he has deleted his comments.

That's not correct, an injury replacement is allowed by permission.

Yes but only if it happens during the WTC. That's probably why Australia didn't replace Doyle. They'd be hoping he's fit enough to ride on Friday/Saturday. If they'd replaced him yesterday with, for example, Jack Holder, they would have to stick with that team throughout the week. They wouldn't be able to bring Doyle back in. At least that's the way I read it.

aah that explains it. I had looked earlier and I couldn't see what he had done wrong.

I would have loved Rosco and Cookie to have tweeted him a photo of them all eating a Kebab in celebration haha

Yes but only if it happens during the WTC. That's probably why Australia didn't replace Doyle. They'd be hoping he's fit enough to ride on Friday/Saturday. If they'd replaced him yesterday with, for example, Jack Holder, they would have to stick with that team throughout the week. They wouldn't be able to bring Doyle back in. At least that's the way I read it.

That's not strictly true- the teams and riding order had to be submitted 7 days before event 1 - An injury/ illness replacement is allowed anytime after then if accepted by the FIM jury. however once done the rider replaced is out of the competition from then.no change of riding order is permitted and any replacement will ride at the position the replaced rider was.

Edit it could be what you said/meant.

Edited by racers and royals