British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Great win from Team GB and really enjoyed seeing Cookie being so dominant.

But anyone who thought that was a good meeting is deluded. The racing was on a par with what is served up by Berwick. Utter follow the leader tripe. Was there even one genuinely great race, with multiple passing? No.

Very much so, there was no excitement in the actual on track racing, only in if GB were to continue to capitalise on the recent fall off in form of Fricke and Morris (partly through injury ). I applaud the fact that GB did do the business but the racing closely resembled the way things are now at Saddlebow Rd for league matches. Gate & Go. There were only four passes between the top two teams. Poor VFM.

• Like 1

Team GB will be fortunate to be second as the Czech boys will do well around the AFA - even if it is a Gate & Go track. And Australia should walk i

Just reading through this thread, this is a gem!

• Like 2

I don't think the Czech's wanted to go to the run off, awful use of the Joker and why didn't Milik get an extra ride?

Milan Spinka was a decent rider but seemingly has a poor understanding of strategy and tactics. To be honest Milik was a pale shadow of the man who only the night before had torn up the shale in Torun! At least for his first two rides.

• Like 1

The Aussies were on "home" soil in speedway terms as they come over here as kids and learn their trade before the Polish crime lords start waving their cheque books.

It's what we do in British Speedway, we make World Champions. Poland in comparison make decent middle order men who can handle expensively tuned motors on big open tracks, all paid for by a cartel held up with illicit betting scams.

It's a shame for Polish speedway that those mafia types stop their riders racing in the UK where they could gain the skills to become World Champion like Ipswich rider Tomasz Gollob.

To make Poland a "home" for Aussies then maybe bring some youngsters over and help them on their way, but there's no money in that is there?

Was good to hear Magic say his British experience helps him. Nice guy.
  • Like 1

Not very entertaining but great win for GB. A medal in the final would surpass expectation. Poland should win it with ease.

The ridiculous 'Joker' has got to go - it's a showpiece event, not a game show.

I would prefer the last 4 heats to be decided on lowest to highest scorers. Simple and logical in my opinion.

When was anything simple and logical in speedway.....

• Like 1

But he dosent give a toss as he has no interest in riding for his country. I personally would prefer to go with the so called lesser riders that are proud to wear the union jack. All real Englishman, not a plastic version with the aussie flag tattooed on his back.

Let's face it he's an Aussie really. Bet he wishes now he'd have took out their licence

I bet it's this one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eheAJ2SLUu0 some race that was..

edit, apologies, already posted..

Add Peterborough to Belle Vue as the closest to a Polish track. It's awesome and has more racing lines and overtakes in one meeting than King's Lynn has in a dozen

Yes things went our way but to drop just 7 points in 20 heats is worthy of some little pleasure isn't it or is only blind negativity allowed here now?

Mmm, are you just looking for a dig at the forum? I don't recall the forum being negative at all as the meeting went on.

as I was reading the thread wondered how long it would be before you troll yet again. You moan at people for having a go at KK yet you have a pop at Tai all the time. Of course we didn't need him tonight but I guess we may in the final! Now run along

Without question, we would benefit from his experience in Poland, but I don't want a rider who isn't prepared to ride for the cause. He can not be allowed to pick and choose. So yes we may get battered in the final, but at least those riders will be riding because they want to represent Team GB.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Rosco and team GB

Captain Cookie was sublime and his pass on Chris Holder superb

Felt for Super Stevie with the restarts but he kept his nerve

Robert well lived up to Roscos faith in him

Bomber, I think he should put a GB race jacket under his suit because he ups a gear the minute he pulls one on

The Joker is the biggest Joke in Speedway alongside the t/r

Saturday will be a different job but the boys will give it their best shot..... good luck lads Keep on enjoying the experience

• Like 2

The jealousness is strong in this one.

Mind you the only mafia in world speedway are both BSI and BSPA.

All you do is helping Aussies to come to Europe while UK itself is just a bus stop to them.

not all of them go to poland there are still a lot aussies still riding in the uk

• Like 1

The top Aussie is Chris Holder. He took a year out if memory serves, but apart from that he's been an ever present in the UK for his entire speedway career. Hardly a bus stop.

Doyle is the top Aussie now, he's absolutely dedicated to British Speedway

• Like 4

As for last night, the racing wasn't great but that really didn't matter to us in the crowd.

It's strange that once there's a proper atmosphere around, when the team perform like that the racing is secondary.

Had it been a league meeting everyone would of moaned, especially me.

Feel for the TV viewers but last night was absolutely bloody brilliantly awesome.

• Like 2

Only the BSF could disown a lad born in Britain to British parents, brought up in Australia but who has spent most of his adulthood racing back in Britain. Yes he's made plenty of ill-advised decisions of late but to say "let's face it he's really an Aussie' doesn't exactly help British Speedway and the (limited) attention it managed to get from having a British World Champion.

No, let's just give him to the Aussies.........

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Yes the racing was very poor but at least the lads got the job done, overall it was more experiance that will stand the likes Of Stevie, Cookie, and Robert in good stead. I expect us to get well beaten in Poland but who else is realistically going to challenge the Poles? Again it will be a very good learning curve for these riders, yes Woffinden would strengthen the team but obviously his heart is not in riding for Team GB, i also thought last season when binning his silver medal it was a bit of a slur on the rest of the team who have never ridden at that level before, why undermine their achievment? Not really great for team morale at all, I stand by those whilst having lesser ability have greater patriotism, no big time Charlies.

Only the BSF could disown a lad born in Britain to British parents, brought up in Australia but who has spent most of his adulthood racing back in Britain. Yes he's made plenty of ill-advised decisions of late but to say "let's face it he's really an Aussie' doesn't exactly help British Speedway and the (limited) attention it managed to get from having a British World Champion.

He himself disowned his place of birth as he obviously has not got that patriotic desire to ride for Team GB, and didn't exactly help promote speedway on these shores when opting out of league racing as a current world champion.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 7

Yes the racing was very poor but at least the lads got the job done, overall it was more experiance that will stand the likes Of Stevie, Cookie, and Robert in good stead. I expect us to get well beaten in Poland but who else is realistically going to challenge the Poles? Again it will be a very good learning curve for these riders, yes Woffinden would strengthen the team but obviously his heart is not in riding for Team GB, i also thought last season when binning his silver medal it was a bit of a slur on the rest of the team who have never ridden at that level before, why undermine their achievment? Not really great for team morale at all, I stand by those whilst having lesser ability have greater patriotism, no big time Charlies.

He himself disowned his place of birth as he obviously has not got that patriotic desire to ride for Team GB, and didn't exactly help promote speedway on these shores when opting out of league racing as a current world champion.

Can't argue with that..

• Like 1

I'm a big Woffinden fan but I have to say very disappointingly, he made himself look a complete arrogant d!k on Twitter last night.

GB put in a terrific performance but he enjoyed making last night all about him.

With that arrogance, I'd be happy for him to be kept away from the GB team.

To be in the team it has to be about us as a collective and not about "me".

As a fan of his, I'm gutted by his attitude :sad:

• Like 9

as long as we compete in which I'm sure we will it doesn't matter
  • Like 1