British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Danish webmasters are that format

Yeah, seen them but clicked away and found a traditional (1970's) type, Wills Taxi is the man for me but he's not been as active this season.

Anyway, where's my rosette and year-bar badge..

Danish Webmaster has posted his racecard now- i'm out and about and can' link. Its Holsted speedway and then nyheder

I think this is right, will put it in racecard thread also.

http://www.holsted-speedway.dk/media/2017/Heatskemaer/SWC-E1-2017.pdf

I can appreciate your reasoning Sid but I had you down as more staunch than that, I can't help but get behind them (from the comfort of my couch) whenever they pull on the bib, I'm same with any sport, even ones I've no interest in, like the Lions this morning. I don't know the first thing about egg chasing but I wallowed in the victory.

Anyway, good speedway is the main objective and I just hope we're not all on here tonight slating the lack of decent racing, fingers crossed.

Come on Great Britain, give them convicts a run for their money.

You are right NW i like Cook i rate Lambert have alot of time for S.Worrall so i am interested but not as a team and longterm Bewley will be knocking on the door to i hope so anyway.

The World Cup needs to provide good, close exciting and entertaining racing if it is to retain a prominent position in speedway because it seems that only the GPs currently offer that to the spectator. Fingers crossed!

What sort of spectator attendance - a 'guesstimate' will do - is likely to be at this meeting?

Seeking independence, are you?

Can just see Berwick wanting out of Northumberland if it comes about. Imagine the place as a frontier town, with people desperately smuggling scotch, haggis and square sausages past the border guards :wink:

Yes

Did you count the man and the dog stopping them getting out?

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

I'm going out & giving tonight's bore fest a miss. I'll tune in for the race off and final.

well thanks for coming on here and drawing attention to yourself on a subject you're not interested in then, most helpful

• Like 4

I'm going out & giving tonight's bore fest a miss. I'll tune in for the race off and final.

Hope your never a juror, you`ll have the defendant found guilty before he`s had a chance to enter a plea. Lets see what happens, this track can throw up great racing, lets hope tonight is one of those nights.

well thanks for coming on here and drawing attention to yourself on a subject you're not interested in then, most helpful

You're welcome.

Hope your never a juror, you`ll have the defendant found guilty before he`s had a chance to enter a plea. Lets see what happens, this track can throw up great racing, lets hope tonight is one of those nights.

It'll be crap Edited by Noodles

Nowt to do with the track, its the "quality" of virtually 50% of the riders tonight that will mean it's a borefest!. The only real excitement will be in the fact that scores between the Aussies and GB will be quite close but I very much doubt the racing will be unless you like 2 man races!!

Nowt to do with the track, its the "quality" of virtually 50% of the riders tonight that will mean it's a borefest!. The only real excitement will be in the fact that scores between the Aussies and GB will be quite close but I very much doubt the racing will be unless you like 2 man races!!

2 man races will do for me if there's passing, throw Milk into the mix for what should be at least 4 heats and we've got a meeting. Can't really understand the doom merchants, I know it's not been the case lately but KL can be a cracking racetrack, here's hoping he provides something decent for the riders.

I suppose the grumblers are the same ones that wrote us off before the final last year. Not sure I'd bother visiting a thread about a meeting I'm not interested in, let alone go to the trouble of announcing I'm not watching it or it will be crap.

Poorer riders of equal standard can make for good races, we don`t need the fancy pants superstars of SGP to have a decent nights racing on the tele.

• Like 1