British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Shocking indeed, no logic in that decision at all. Ellis obviously only in at 5 because he rides for Swindon.

I see Mark Lemon hasn't made that mistake with Max Fricke!

Because he is a wise guy, Rossiter is not!

Tbh on form I would have gone kurtz over fricke

Could we.....

King for Ellis then put Lambert at reserve if he is an injury doubt, that way he might only have a couple of rides etc

not now the team has been named...

I thought the under 21 rider should have been Bates or Bewley i know it is way to early for both but it is good experience.Rossiter says he goes for form riders but no disrespect to Adam he has had a mare of a season this England without Woffinden looks desperate.

Adam for team GB...

Individual U21's, missed out of qualifying by 1 point,

European pairs, got team GB into the final with a 6 ride 18 point maximum

U21 SWC, equal top scored with Lambert (12 points) to help team GB reach it's first final in 10 years

2nd in the british U21 final.

Yes his season in the UK hasn't been brilliant but what more would he have do do to be picked?

If Lambert is out of this weekend would you still think one of your suggestions would be a better bet ?

• Like 1

Happy enough with Ellis as u21 rider in absence of lambert.

But imo lambert should have been named as the u21 reserve.

Not a criticism of Ellis or any of the other u21 riders, but at this stage none are at the level of King or Nicholls or arguably Richie Worrall who would have been the squad candidates had rosco named lambert at reserve.

I think Rosco is right in picking what he thinks is his strongest top 4.At the end of the the you a picking them to do the job and not expecting the reserve to have to do anything apart from help in the pits.If your best 4 do the job that is asked of them there is no need to use a reserve.

I think Rosco is right in picking what he thinks is his strongest top 4.At the end of the the you a picking them to do the job and not expecting the reserve to have to do anything apart from help in the pits.If your best 4 do the job that is asked of them there is no need to use a reserve.

Except in case of tape exclusion, injury or one of the squad having an off night... plus I presume reserve can be used if needed for the double point ride so having one of your two best riders in a position where he can be put into any heat is clearly an advantage.

The reserve is the most important rider this season...

Like other managers in other teams sports Rosco will live or die by his decisions, especially this one not naming Lambert at No5 where the majority of us believe he should be. If he gets it right and Team GB get through to the Final Rosco will be proved to have made the right call. Get it wrong, or even worse get it spectacularly wrong and there will be only one road left open to Rossiter and that will either resignation or if his ego wont let him be sacked.

Adam for team GB...

U21 SWC, equal top scored with Lambert (12 points) to help team GB reach it's first final in 10 years

Yes his season in the UK hasn't been brilliant but what more would he have do do to be picked?

If Lambert is out of this weekend would you still think one of your suggestions would be a better bet ?

Myself personally i would of gone with Bates/Bewley for the U21 spot but eh that is great that Rossiter is showing faith and loyalty in your lad.But did he show the same loyalty to Danny King ? ok now if Robert is out he might have to bring Danny back in.

Adam for team GB...

For me, if Lamberts not available then Adam IS the rider I'd pick. Rate him higher than Bates.

Wrong ! U21 and no programmed rides- ok if like France who only had 4 decent riders and one of them(Berge) happens to be U 21

NOPE I'm 100% right, U-21 can be put into whatever heats the manager wants him to go into so we would b eable to maximise our points by using Lambert effectively giving him 6 rides and the joker if needed to, this way the 4th rider (e.g King) would have maybe 2 rides, S worrall would have 3 rides and Harris would have 4 rides with Cook having 5 and Lambert having 6 where as now we will have Cook, S Worrall, Lambert and Harris having 5 each, maybe using the tac sub onw can have 6 and one can have 4 but with a 4 man team instead of a 5 man team it makes us weaker...

hopefully I explained ok

• Like 1

NOPE I'm 100% right, U-21 can be put into whatever heats the manager wants him to go into so we would b eable to maximise our points by using Lambert effectively giving him 6 rides and the joker if needed to, this way the 4th rider (e.g King) would have maybe 2 rides, S worrall would have 3 rides and Harris would have 4 rides with Cook having 5 and Lambert having 6 where as now we will have Cook, S Worrall, Lambert and Harris having 5 each, maybe using the tac sub onw can have 6 and one can have 4 but with a 4 man team instead of a 5 man team it makes us weaker...

hopefully I explained ok

I will have to change my name to- allthemedalsbutnaeidea ;)