British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Think Cook could be very competitive if he was to qualify for the GPs. Needs to drop Workington and get himself riding in Sweden & Poland full time next season.

As far as I know Cookie signed for Bydgoszcz this season shortly before he won the British title, but as yet had no opportunity to ride for them. I think he will do so in an away fixture with Rzeszow. Over to you Pawel.

Disagree. Current champions basically guarantee that at least 1 of 4 team will be decent. Otherwise we could end up with teams like Czech Republic or France having a day and riding in the final then going back to what we are used to.

If the current champions or hosts cannot get into the top two in the thurs or fri playoff they do not deserve to go to the final

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Think Cook could be very competitive if he was to qualify for the GPs. Needs to drop Workington and get himself riding in Sweden & Poland full time next season.

Cook might not earn enough money if he was in top divisions abroad.IMO .Plus the fact if you don't perform your out next week.Big Fish in small pond is better option for him.

Easy as you like.

I want to see Craig in a meeting with quality opposition. He's had some good meetings this year against some good riders but not quite at the level he needs to really test himself.

I only say that because I think he's very close now. Closer than he's ever been and by a country mile, the best British rider as it stands.

I think he will comfortably make the semis at Cardiff. I hope he proves me right.

• Like 1

Should hold the round around the EOES, can actually see some racing rather than follow the leader.

I would have no problem with that - remember one of the best SWC races I've seen live there, involved Crump, Zagar & Miedzinski. Early 2000's I think. EDIT:2009

Professional performance from Team GB tonight, can only beat what's put in front of you. Saturday night at Leszno will be a huge test for the GB lads, massive learning experience for most of them. A bronze medal would be a right result. Poland way too good anywhere right now, especially there.

Edited by mikec
  • Like 1

I would have no problem with that - remember one of the best SWC races I've seen live there, involved Crump, Zagar & Miedzinski. Early 2000's I think.

Professional performance from Team GB tonight, can only beat what's put in front of you. Saturday night at Leszno will be a huge test for the GB lads, massive learning experience for most of them. A bronze medal would be a right result. Poland way too good anywhere right now, especially there.

You mean this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7qPyWrHhwc

Remember the night very well, was a superb meeting.

• Like 4

What a crap track Lynn really is. Who gives a toss that the tracks smooth and fast, brilliant, no outside passing at all, all on the inside. Only passes have been mistakes by others.

i give a toss whether tracks are smooth or not after Sargeants injury cos of hitting a hole at Newcastle on Sunday, then it was repaired as you might know.

Cookie brill, not all from gate and passing Holder. Won't be riding for Comets next week v Sheffield though..

Edited by comet49

Disagree. Current champions basically guarantee that at least 1 of 4 team will be decent. Otherwise we could end up with teams like Czech Republic or France having a day and riding in the final then going back to what we are used to.

You are aware that Poland are seeded because they are hosts, not because they are champions?

• Like 1