British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup 2017

Västervik will likely (?) have one of the semi finals, at least negotiations are ongoing .

Förutom Västerviks succé med idel segrar i Allsvenskan i år, blev även lag-VM på Stena Arena lyckat. Det är oerhört nära att tävlingen återkommer till Västervik nästa år också.

– Vi ligger i förhandlingar med BSI, det ser bra ut, säger Rune Nilsson.

http://www.vt.se/sport/speedway/elitserien-har-sparat-ur-tyvarr-om4313349.aspx

• 1 month later...

Event 1 and 2 now confirmed.

JULY 1 EVENT 1 KINGS LYNN (GREAT BRITAIN): Great Britain, Australia, USA, Czech Republic.

JULY 4 EVENT 2 VASTERVIK (SWEDEN): Sweden, Denmark, Russia, qualification round winner.

JULY 7 RACE OFF LESZNO (POLAND): Runner-up in Event 1, Third place in Event 1, Runner-up in Event 2, Third place in Event 2.

JULY 8 FINAL LESZNO (POLAND): Poland, Winner of Event 1, Winner of Event 2, Winner of the Race Off.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/_mobile/article/5369/2017-monster-energy-swc-draw

Edited by DanielC

Easy peasy for Buster isn't it? He showed his true colours when he failed miserably to "promote" the NLRC this year. Good job for him that BSI will be handling all the promotion for him. He can just lie back and watch the money roll in.

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation. Manchester City Council will have expected a national stadium to host big events, and that'll have been at the crux of them agreeing to fund that stadium. If the BSPA screw up now and don't find an alternative promoter for the Aces & Colts, I can see Manchester City Council converting that stadium into one that can suit another sport. Manchester is short of top quality Rugby and Hockey facilities, that stadium would be ideal.

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation.

even more disturbing that BSI had to pay rather a lot of money just 2 weeks or so before the SWC this year just to make sure it went ahead!!

I'm thinking that might have a bearing on the decision

• Like 2

Easy peasy for Buster isn't it? He showed his true colours when he failed miserably to "promote" the NLRC this year. Good job for him that BSI will be handling all the promotion for him. He can just lie back and watch the money roll in.

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation. Manchester City Council will have expected a national stadium to host big events, and that'll have been at the crux of them agreeing to fund that stadium. If the BSPA screw up now and don't find an alternative promoter for the Aces & Colts, I can see Manchester City Council converting that stadium into one that can suit another sport. Manchester is short of top quality Rugby and Hockey facilities, that stadium would be ideal.

If I remember correctly BV or the Council have called their stadium National Speedway Stadium, it is not a The National Stadium for the country, so major events will be held elsewhere.

At the moment the track is probably one of the best in the country where major events could be run providing all the other factors needed are in place and working correctly.

I do hope that the club can sort out its future at this location because the World Cup showed how good the track was and that it can sort out the finances so that BV can be financially secure.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly BV or the Council have called their stadium National Speedway Stadium, it is not a The National Stadium for the country, so major events will be held elsewhere.

At the moment the track is probably one of the best in the country where major events could be run providing all the other factors needed are in place and working correctly.

I do hope that the club can sort out its future at this location because the World Cup showed how good the track was and that it can sort out the finances so that BV can be financially secure.

If I remember from a post from someone in the last week or so there was a link to some meeting of Man City Council where it showed the BSPA was involved in the decision to name the stadium the National Speedway Stadium.