British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Pure speculation based on the averages available!!

The team has been out there so you dont have to look far (on this page) to discover the lineup.

Just had the sports on bbc tv and Shanes was discussed with a clip of the youngster riding grass track and warming his bikes up at home. Nice coverage.

Apparantly there is a BBC Radio Solent interview scheduled tonight with Shanes during the footie half time break!!

• Like 1

Thankfully its only a couple of Poole fans with this attitude, the rest (although probably disliking me) are a decent bunch.

Shanes is a half decent 2 pointer.

Are there better 2 pointers out there? Yes of course there are.

He will however try his heart out every race and will be a crowd pleaser in that respect.

If he ever learns to gate he will be a good rider but that is a handicap that he will struggle to overcome.

Saw him at Ipswich and he was bike lengths behind riders such as Connor Coles going into the first bend, yes he rode his heart out and did pass him once and then another time Coles fell off and another time both did.

I wish the lad well but fear his gating will let him down big time especially at places like Wolves and Rye House.

He's a 2 pt rider, what do you want mush..

Does he? i was unsure who ran Poole speedway thanks for telling me.

Its called opinions pal. And because you dont have any opinions apart from the fact that everything that Ford does is always right then thats why you get the stick you do.

Some people believe Poole are wrong to let Holder go , including some Poole fans

Opinions mate. Im happy if Matt signed Chris KK or whoever. I never said that Matt was right or wrong to let Chris go. It was the fact he had a ridiculous average, and Chris admitted that himself. Anyway, do you not have a championship club to follow and contribute to there thread.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Oh OK, so are Poole:

KK

Newman

Kurtz

Holder

Andersen

Shanes

Klindt

Swindon could have:

Doyle

Bellego

Ellis

Batchelor

Morris

Bacon/Smith

Wajknecht

Pretty even

Pretty even everywhere, except that Klindt is probably worth 4/5 a meeting more than his swindon counterpart.

That Poole side would be favourites for the title I reckon, that swindon team competitive if they sign morris and batch

• Like 1

Shanes is a half decent 2 pointer.

Are there better 2 pointers out there? Yes of course there are.

Personally think Poole have done well here as not Ellis Perks would have come in on a 2 and I think Shanes averaged more than him.

As stated, I can't think from the top of my head any better 2 point average riders.

Don't think the 2 Birmingham reserves averaged as much as Shanes even riding against lesser riders at reserves and I think all the riders above Shanes in the averages had ridden PL except of course for Ellis.

A lot of quality young English riders have been helped and produced by grasstrack speedway such as Wigg, Loram, Screen and Harris and I wish more young riders like Ellis and Shanes would follow that trend as I think it definitely gives you a faster learning edge taking it onto shale.

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 1

Have previously stated that Zack Wajtknecht had the highest average of those mentioned. :t:

Thats one rider.

Isn't he owned by Somerset so may ride for them or he may have already been signed by someone like Swindon or Rye House but just not announced?

A lot of quality young English riders have been helped and produced by grasstrack speedway such as Wigg, Loram, Screen and Harris and I wish more young riders like Ellis and Shanes would follow that trend as I think it definitely gives you a faster learning edge taking it onto shale.

You mean the Ellis who rode on the grass for four years in France and won the 250cc championship before trying speedway and the Shanes who's currently European grasstrack champion ?

• Like 1

Personally think Poole have done well here as not Ellis Perks would have come in on a 2 and I think Shanes averaged more than him.

As stated, I can't think from the top of my head any better 2 point average riders.

Don't think the 2 Birmingham reserves averaged as much as Shanes even riding against lesser riders at reserves and I think all the riders above Shanes in the averages had ridden PL except of course for Ellis.

Shanes is a good little rider for sure but his lack of gating ability, his tendency to override at times, along with riding on many tracks he hasnt seen could hinder him.

Good enough signing for sure but there are better out there.

What i will say is the Poole fans will love his attitude and style of riding

Agree with most of this. But think your maths is out re holder/kk. It's surely a 1.5 point swing, unless u think kk will average 1.5 more than chris.

Holder - starts 12.5 ends 11

Kk - starts 11 ends 11.

Not sure there is anyway you can make that a 3 point difference.

Unless u believe the 1.5 saved by not using holder generates an additional 1.5 beyond the alternative e.g.

Rider a (with kk) starts 7.5 finishes 7.5

Rider b (with holder) starts 6 finishes 4.5.

Though even then I'd argue that you can't really associate that swing to holder as there are other options that could have saved that 1.5 points.

With Holder (Chris) in the side, you have the additional points on his average that he is basically going to lose 1.5ish – as well as the 1.5ish lost for team building purposes due to his excessively high average – whereas with KK he is likely to retain/drop slightly (his average that is the best part of 1.5ish lower than Holders and thus minimal loss compared to the 1.5 Holder will drop) as well as having an additional 1.5ish for team building purposes due to his (KKs) lower average, hence my feeling that KK in the side affords the best part of 3.00ish worth of average to the team that Holder (Chris) doesn’t.

Other options with Holder, sure, restricted options though when compared to what would be available with KK in the side – an additional 1.5 for team building opens up a whole other world of options and affords the possibility of a rider the ilk of Newman (as an example) at reserve as opposed to a rider on a 4.00 average the quality of a Liam Carr/Simon Lambert – it means no Jack Holder and instead a rider the ilk of a Simon Lamert etc and so on.

Looks like Newman going to Ipswich. Any chance he can bring his ability to the lower league?

I'm sure if Kyle doubles down with Ipswich then all genuine Ippo fans will give him all the support he deserves!! :shock::t: (It will be quite fun to follow the thread!!)

With Holder (Chris) in the side, you have the additional points on his average that he is basically going to lose 1.5ish – as well as the 1.5ish lost for team building purposes due to his excessively high average – whereas with KK he is likely to retain/drop slightly (his average that is the best part of 1.5ish lower than Holders and thus minimal loss compared to the 1.5 Holder will drop) as well as having an additional 1.5ish for team building purposes due to his (KKs) lower average, hence my feeling that KK in the side affords the best part of 3.00ish worth of average to the team that Holder (Chris) doesn’t.

Other options with Holder, sure, restricted options though when compared to what would be available with KK in the side – an additional 1.5 for team building opens up a whole other world of options and affords the possibility of a rider the ilk of Newman (as an example) at reserve as opposed to a rider on a 4.00 average the quality of a Liam Carr/Simon Lambert – it means no Jack Holder and instead a rider the ilk of a Simon Lamert etc and so on.

Newman won't start at reserve for Poole.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Why? Hes giving you facts.

Because he’s an initiating arse who I have little interested in engaging with, the type who trolls the forum and then expects logical, rational debate, regardless of "fact", speedway chat, fair or pleasantries with him...nah a prick who deserves to be mocked and ridiculed, since you asked.