British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

I agree with Rider loyalty. But riders aren't owned by clubs as people always say. And in no other professional sport to they care its about winning you make money from winning and if you dont want your team to win there is not point at supporting a team. Professional is sport is about winning. Its not the taking part its the winning.

I've always agreed that speedway should be a cut-throat sport, but I would have thought the experience and loyalty that Chris brings, along with the team spirit working with his brother, is easily worth 1.5pts.

.....and another local Dorset lad too!!

The only issue for me are the possible weekend fixture clashes with World Longtrack in 2017?! Any replacement guest will have to be a 2 pointer unless the away fixtures can be planned accordingly.

Fixtures clashes are key for all the riders irregardless if they are number one or number 7 because sometimes a guest can make you stronger however in the most it is likely to be someone weaker as a replacement. There are quite a few 2 pointers equally as good as Shanes but hopefully the clashes can be kept to a minimum.

Yep i get that as well, but as i say a bit of loyalty for someone who has served the club so well wouldnt go amiss

Matt runs the club, and he does what he feels is right for the club. Chris has already stated that the averages have cost him his place. NOTHING MORE..

you seem to know everything you tell me its just my opinion all you ever do rubbish everybodys post sad really :t:

Not really, its already been stated why, read the posts.

remember when shanes won the masters at wimborne grasstrack,middlo was there all day and presented james with his trophy,great to have a young,exciting british rider on board.Ford says hes on loan from kent,what is the current ruling on third tier clubs holding assets,didnt think they were allowed to hold assets??anybody know?

remember when shanes won the masters at wimborne grasstrack,middlo was there all day and presented james with his trophy,great to have a young,exciting british rider on board.Ford says hes on loan from kent,what is the current ruling on third tier clubs holding assets,didnt think they were allowed to hold assets??anybody know?

I assume they are allowed to keep assets that were signed before the ruling was made.

• Like 1

At least Len Silver can take some credit as his record of promoting British riders is unequalled in Speedway.

He can take a little credit as can Coventry & Plymouth but the big credit as always goes to the rider and the long suffering families who put in all the hard work and huge miles in the early parts of the riders careers.

• Like 2

Matt runs the club, and he does what he feels is right for the club. Chris has already stated that the averages have cost him his place. NOTHING MORE..

Does he? i was unsure who ran Poole speedway thanks for telling me.

Its called opinions pal. And because you dont have any opinions apart from the fact that everything that Ford does is always right then thats why you get the stick you do.

Some people believe Poole are wrong to let Holder go , including some Poole fans

• Like 2

James Shanes 19 year old being thrown in at the deep end is not for me personally. Don't know why we signed him. MF said in the press release that we can afford to carry him therefore it doesn't sound like MF has confidence in James.

We cant afford to carry James the way the team is shaping up.

Two points:

I suspect Wolves will have the strongest reserves in Klindt & Clegg but many of the other teams will take advantage of the 2 point reserve option to bolster the rest of their team, making Shanes a perfectly good choice;

I don't think next season's rules are any more a dumbing down of the league than the 2014 introduction of draft reserves (which over the last three years has definitely benefitted a dozen young British riders) as Daryl Ritchings came into the Swindon team then having achieved only a 5.94 average in the NL while Shanes has a respectable 8.53 average.

Just thought Poole would have shown Holder some loyalty. I agree not much between Holder and KK but surely Holder deserves his place, very strange to me

1. There is no room for sentiment in pro-sport

2. Matt Ford of all people knows this. He is one of the least loyal promoters

3. Holder wasn't loyal when he decided to take a year out a few seasons back.

4. Life sucks, speedway even more so!

Some people believe Poole are wrong to let Holder go , including some Poole fans

I don’t consider that a validation of your thought process or opinion in all honesty, harsh and arsey as that sounds - more so when the general concern is a lack of a big hitting number 1 if the side doesn’t have Holder given that in Kasparzak (if that is the route they go down) they will have that, a strong, big scoring Number 1….only Lindgren or Doyle (at best) can make claim to be genuine “stronger Number 1’s", a claim that could just as easily have been made had Holder been in the side - so the general worry re Holder doesn’t rack up.

Other concerns then revolve around Holder being there to help his brother, well if Holder (senior) had been there his brother either likely wouldn’t have been, or would have had a hell of a lot more pressure on him than he will in the sides floated with Kasparzak.

Chris over KK is the best part of 3.00 swing in team building, the 1.5 Holder will loose and the additional 1.5 on his average that couldn’t be used elsewhere in the team. I don’t think it is possible to build a side with Holder in it that would be stronger than a side with KK in it, if that is the route they go down….and given Matt Ford is going down that route it probably validates it given he has won, loads and loads and loads and generally tends to build really, really good teams - I say that as some one who is totally vanilla re Ford, but can clearly see he knows how to build a good side as evidence supports that claim.

Holder in the side is a heart over head wish, there is very little actual logic to it.

Edited by Tyrion
  • Like 1