British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

James Shanes then.

Interesting signing and could it possibly mean that Chris Holder could be back in the fold?

Also interestingly, Shanes is given a 2.00 average and he's never been in the PL.

We were all told that 2.00 would be minimum for riders that didn't achieve a 3.00 average in the PL otherwise 3.00 would remain the minimum.

Seeing as Ford is the first to announce an unused NL rider not used in the PL Is he already playing the game of loopholes?

James Shanes then.

Interesting signing and could it possibly mean that Chris Holder could be back in the fold?

Also interestingly, Shanes is given a 2.00 average and he's never been in the PL.

We were all told that 2.00 would be minimum for riders that didn't achieve a 3.00 average in the PL otherwise 3.00 would remain the minimum.

Seeing as Ford is the first to announce an unused NL rider not used in the PL Is he already playing the game of loopholes?

Shanes has never achieved a 3 point average in the PL, hence he is a 2. No loophole finding, that is how I (and most on here) interpreted the rule.

I'd take it as a sign that kk will be signed more than holder. But I'd say that for most sides signing a 2 pter makes sense.

Poole just smart enough to get in early and get one of the better ones.

• Like 1

James Shanes then.

When were we told that? I don't think we were.

Must admit I know little of the guy. Think he is based in the south which helps. Didn't he do the rare thing of managing to beat Adam Ellis around Arlington last year?

A two pointer he is likely to struggle and will probably only have 3 rides a meeting but it has been said on here on several occassions he is a young lad with potential.

Welcome to the club James.

James Shanes then.

There is no loophole just getting a new rider on the appropriate average, there is no way we would get him if he was a 3 point average. He rode in the PL final for Somerset so has very limited PL experience. Good luck to him but achieving even his 2 point average will be difficult.

Team wll be

KKasprzak

H Andersen

J Holder

B Kurtz

K Newman

T Kurtz

J Shanes

There is no loophole just getting a new rider on the appropriate average, there is no way we would get him if he was a 3 point average. He rode in the PL final for Somerset so has very limited PL experience. Good luck to him but achieving even his 2 point average will be difficult.

Team wll be

KKasprzak

H Andersen

J Holder

B Kurtz

K Newman

T Kurtz

J Shanes

Fine at home away from home well beatable.

So the team predicted by Phil the Ace,

KK

Andersen

J.Holder

Kurtz

Klindt

Newman

Shanes

Is the 2017 Poole team??

Not very inspiring and will get slaughtered by Rye House!!!!

Rubbish good team won't get slaughtered by anyone, Rye House will probably beat us away but at home we will almost unbeatable by anyone.

Even though Poole would end up with two number ones and other teams with none that side foreverblue has posted doesn't put the wind up me at all. Reserves look dreadful.

Todd Kurtz will be one of the best reserves in the league if it is him.

KK will even give Doyle something to worry about, so glad he will be back hopefully.

Edited by foreverblue

i do have to laugh at some of he guff posed by some , this is not the top league as we know it that team looks near on unbeatable to me ,

Scottyfan is well known for his guff!!

I wonder how much his grasstrack / longtrack commitments will affect him riding at Poole ?

I can't see him achieving his average personally and i expect the other reserve to be very busy!