British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

So more comparisons with the 'well run' Swedish and Polish leagues?! Whilst they tend to have rules that get them to announce their teams earlier, they still have to obtain a licence to operate in the coming season, based on their financial outcome of the immediate past season and their financial projections for the next season based on the costs of who they have signed.

I've absolutely no objection to teams being announced by Christmas - as a 'treat' for the fans, or however the clubs want to spin it?! This time 2 years ago the AGM was only just taking place!!

Anyway back to the thread - a Good Friday home and away fixture for Pirates v Rebels looks on the cards according to 'Media Matt' today. Poole at 1100 and Somerset at 1930 hrs.

Fantastic! Pencilled in already and a treat of a day with two huge crowds if the weathers ok.

The meeting might be on a heavy traffic day but its easy to avoid any motorways from Poole to Somerset.

So more comparisons with the 'well run' Swedish and Polish leagues?! Whilst they tend to have rules that get them to announce their teams earlier, they still have to obtain a licence to operate in the coming season, based on their financial outcome of the immediate past season and their financial projections for the next season based on the costs of who they have signed.

I've absolutely no objection to teams being announced by Christmas - as a 'treat' for the fans, or however the clubs want to spin it?! This time 2 years ago the AGM was only just taking place!!

Anyway back to the thread - a Good Friday home and away fixture for Pirates v Rebels looks on the cards according to 'Media Matt' today. Poole at 1100 and Somerset at 1930 hrs.

That will be a great Bank Holiday meeting quite like old times Exeter v Poole home & away

• Like 1

No Starke because he won't fit in with his average. I imagine Ellis perks and then rider number 6 is the mystery rider.Aka one none of us can predict.

All riders have been predicted. The team was actually listed by someone several days ago.

• Like 1

I was thinking maybe Poole could sign that Chris Holder bloke, he wouldn't be a bad signing and seems to ride the track pretty well !!!!!!!

You may not have heard that isn't going to happen and i think a good decision, Swindon might struggle for the same reason, riders like Watt and Batchelor are now in demand because they had bad seasons. Batchelor wouldn't be on anyone's most wanted list especially Swindon's if the rules hadn't changed.

You may not have heard that isn't going to happen and i think a good decision, Swindon might struggle for the same reason, riders like Watt and Batchelor are now in demand because they had bad seasons. Batchelor wouldn't be on anyone's most wanted list especially Swindon's if the rules hadn't changed.

I was taking the Micky FB, should of added a :lol:

This has just been put on the official poole pirates forum.

Interestingly enough, I've heard that Bjerre was on the verge on signing for the Pirates but was offered more money by Coventry (who apparently were the main supporters of the cost cutting measures!)

And allegedly the ones who's promotor was against Ellis's average being recalculated.

This has just been put on the official poole pirates forum.

Interestingly enough, I've heard that Bjerre was on the verge on signing for the Pirates but was offered more money by Coventry (who apparently were the main supporters of the cost cutting measures!)

Lol! They did us a favour. :)
  • Like 1