British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Good to see they have finally updated our website. We may be the biggest club in the UK, with great success over the past decade and we are great at promotion in and around Poole, Bournemouth. But, we are just awful at social media, we should be taking leaf out of Glasgow's book. Have a decent website which looks like it wasn't put together on 10 pounds. We should get a website sponsor who can build a good one for us and we also need more information through twitter. The Echo is normally best place to find information rather than our website.

Buxton website is easier to navigate & loads faster - bonkers!

Riders do tend to thrive at Poole. It's the Poole winning mentality, the world champions we usually have riding for us, the team spirit and the bond between the manager and the riders. It's a winning formula.

Totally agree, think Paul Starke was drifting before he came to Poole, seems to have a lot more ambition & determination now

• Like 1

Buxton website is easier to navigate & loads faster - bonkers!

Totally agree, think Paul Starke was drifting before he came to Poole, seems to have a lot more ambition & determination now

Not sure about that. His career had stagnated and by 2012 he was a sub six point rider in the NL for Isle of Wight (having fallen from 8+ in 2010 for the same team).

He performed suprisingly well in the PL for Berwick in 2013 averaging 3.61, upping that to 4.79 in 2014 at Somerset. So he was on a clear upward trajectory before he joined Poole.

He was certainly one of the biggest beneficiaries of the 'fast track' scheme but I don't think Poole can claim to be responsible for that anymore than Birmingham or Leicester who also benefitted from his services.

Bottom line he is a rider I would be happy to have in my team.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2

Not sure about that. His career had stagnated and by 2012 he was a sub six point rider in the NL for Isle of Wight (having fallen from 8+ in 2010 for the same team).

He performed suprisingly well in the PL for Berwick in 2013 averaging 3.61, upping that to 4.79 in 2014 at Somerset. So he was on a clear upward trajectory before he joined Poole.

He was certainly one of the biggest beneficiaries of the 'fast track' scheme but I don't think Poole can claim to be responsible for that anymore than Birmingham or Leicester who also benefitted from his services.

Bottom line he is a rider I would be happy to have in my team.

Starke for me is a rider who has stuck to his guns made progress his first progress was as you said at Berwick.Last year again he made progress often in the top five and if you look back had a brilliant British Final.A rider i would be happy to have in my team anyday of the week.

With Davey Watt going to Rye House, Poole must be very close to confirming their whole team as they seem to be allowing other clubs to negotiate with their Assets!!

(ps I am certain the Poole office keep an eye on the forums but equally certain its not Matt Ford!!)

I am sure Matt Ford has known his team for some time just a question of timing the announcements.

I am sure Matt Ford looks at the forum too, i know he likes a good laugh!

Edited by foreverblue

I am sure Matt Ford has known his team for some time just a question of timing the announcements.

I am sure Matt Ford looks at the forum too, i know he likes a good laugh!

Matt has absolutely no interest in looking at this forum he doesn't have time, and he's only looked at the poole forum once in the last year, citing he didn't like what he saw. To many moaners...

Edited by Starman2006

Matt will know who he wants, but its all down to figures.

My imagination is in overdrive again :-)

Reading about Davey Watt going to RH means they are now on approx. 30.82 with less than 20 left for 4 riders.

With that left I cannot somehow see Eddie Kennett on 10.02 going there as it would only leave them less than 10 points for 3 riders.

Knowing how well Kennett has gone when guesting for Poole - especially at Poole as evidenced also in the Blue Riband, I wonder if he is likely to turn up at Poole ??

I know when he was interviewed both on Sky and after the Blue Ribbon he was VERY enthusiastic as to how much he enjoyed riding at Poole.

To me home form will be important and if the strength in depth is there it will be about getting bonus points away to stay in top 4.

More food for thought/comment.

Reading about Davey Watt going to RH means they are now on approx. 30.82 with less than 20 left for 4 riders.

With that left I cannot somehow see Eddie Kennett on 10.02 going there as it would only leave them less than 10 points for 3 riders.

Knowing how well Kennett has gone when guesting for Poole - especially at Poole as evidenced also in the Blue Riband, I wonder if he is likely to turn up at Poole ??

I know when he was interviewed both on Sky and after the Blue Ribbon he was VERY enthusiastic as to how much he enjoyed riding at Poole.

To me home form will be important and if the strength in depth is there it will be about getting bonus points away to stay in top 4.

if Eddie comes to poole no room for Brady I think

I think you may have over estimated Watts average by about 4 SH54

Combined total for the 3 at Rye about 26. Kennett would take to 36 leaving 14ish for final 3.

Still room for a Schlein or a Jorgensen before filling the reserve berths....

Eddies made no secret of the fact he would like to come back to Poole. Suprised you dont know Gavan, he only lives up the road from you... Or maybe you do... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

I think you may have over estimated Watts average by about 4 SH54

Combined total for the 3 at Rye about 26. Kennett would take to 36 leaving 14ish for final 3.

Still room for a Schlein or a Jorgensen before filling the reserve berths....

Or a Robson?