British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Why would he come on a tonne at Poole but nowhere else?

Jeez why do riders only improve at Poole lol

Ah Gavan

A man who have not had the pleasure of replying to but have had the pleasure of seeing your posts over the last couple of years. I only joined 1/2 weeks ago.

I can see how you pull the chains of some people I must admit ;-)

Starman said he (like I) would like to see Fricke at Poole and he can see more improvement to come. He did not mention anywhere about that improvement would only come from joining Poole. His comment regarding a rider coming on a ton at Poole was an unnamed in this post rider. I read his post as he wrote it. I think he would progress further if riding in a happy and secure environment with other young Aussies on the upgrade who are maybe not as forward as he has been in such a short career.

I think there is improvement to come from Fricke and looking at his CV so far as a rider not 21 until March. What he has achieved to date compared to say Brady Kurtz (admittedly with an additional season compared to Brady in UK). I agree with Starman that I see him improving. I think that is irrespective of where he rides. Maybe not as exciting and exuberant as a Darcy Ward but neither was Leigh Adams and didn't stop him reaching the top.

Because their skill in bike control improves overtime due to avoiding all the holes.

It works though as riders such as C.Holder -D.Ward - M.Janowski and others who escape the memory for now will profess.

Maybe hole avoiding is part and parcel of the make up in becoming a good Speedway GP rider LOL

Naughty comment but must admit it made me laugh when I saw it :-)

• Like 1

Ah Gavan

A man who have not had the pleasure of replying to but have had the pleasure of seeing your posts over the last couple of years. I only joined 1/2 weeks ago.

Starman said he (like I) would like to see Fricke at Poole and he can see more improvement to come. He did not mention anywhere about that improvement would only come from joining Poole. His comment regarding a rider coming on a ton at Poole was an unnamed in this post rider. I read his post as he wrote it. I think he would progress further if riding in a happy and secure environment with other young Aussies on the upgrade who are maybe not as forward as he has been in such a short career.

I think there is improvement to come from Fricke and looking at his CV so far as a rider not 21 until March. What he has achieved to date compared to say Brady Kurtz (admittedly with an additional season compared to Brady in UK). I agree with Starman that I see him improving. I think that is irrespective of where he rides. Maybe not as exciting and exuberant as a Darcy Ward but neither was Leigh Adams and didn't stop him reaching the top.

You will be seeing some nasty stuff , if you Don't stop linking Max away from Manchester !!! Hands off , OK? :);)

Edited by WestGorton1884

Ah Gavan

It works though as riders such as C.Holder -D.Ward - M.Janowski and others who escape the memory for now will profess.

Maybe hole avoiding is part and parcel of the make up in becoming a good Speedway GP rider LOL

Naughty comment but must admit it made me laugh when I saw it :-)

Max Fricke would be a great addition to any line up. World Under 21 champion and likely to be in the gp's in a couple of years i would say.

Fricke is clearly a better rider than Kurtz at the moment.

I have no issue with you. But the whole forum including Poole fans know exactly what they get from Starman. I was merely pointing out that he always says riders improve once they join Poole. He has alluded that he knows someone who will improve a tonne at Poole, im just stating that they can improve at any club.

Why would he come on a tonne at Poole but nowhere else?

Jeez why do riders only improve at Poole lol

Riders do tend to thrive at Poole. It's the Poole winning mentality, the world champions we usually have riding for us, the team spirit and the bond between the manager and the riders. It's a winning formula.

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 1

You will be seeing some nasty stuff , if you Don't stop linking Max away from Manchester !!! Hands off , OK? :);)

If you can guarantee BV will be running and paying his salary in 2017 I would probably say happy to let you keep him just for the pleasure of preserving our best UK track (layout) and for the pleasure of having another UK track run in 2017. Heaven help us if we lose our newest and the so called new home of speedway plus a massive embarrassment to the sport if it doesn't run next year. Good luck to all up their trying their best to keep it going.

But I keep my opinion none the less and for sure would like to have him at Poole to tie up with the other 2 budding Aussie potential superstars. Worth the entrance money alone irrespective of who's heat leader which most my fellow Pirate supporters seem to think is probably under control with Mr Ford. Let's hope so ;-)

Max Fricke would be a great addition to any line up. World Under 21 champion and likely to be in the gp's in a couple of years i would say.

I have no issue with you. But the whole forum including Poole fans know exactly what they get from Starman. I was merely pointing out that he always says riders improve once they join Poole. He has alluded that he knows someone who will improve a tonne at Poole, im just stating that they can improve at any club.

Believe me only a matter of time before I reply to a contentious Starman comment otherwise I wouldn't be joining the fun of the forum ;-)

For sure though will not be commenting on any of the nasty stuff that frequents both this and the other team forums far too often. Last thing I want is to pour fuel on raging fires which turn nasty and personal at times. I will keep it to sensible (hopefully) Speedway opinion and comments.

• Like 1

Fricke will stay at BV surely.

Maybe he will but how long does he hold fire while the discussions go on. Teams will start to fill and even he will surely start getting itchy as what to do going forward the longer it drags on.

It's times like this I wish we had the Polish system of a fixed transfer period of say between 2 weeks and 1 month but can't expect utopia in the PL.

Another thing I have always wondered since I started viewing the BSF. Speedway is not like the Football PL or MOTO GP. Its a relatively small motor sport in UK in relative terms. We all know how Matt Ford is both a successful speedway promotor as well as a strong supporter/advocate of the sport. Taking this into account and knowing his love for Poole, I wonder how much he may look in (especially in the close season) at both his own Poole Supporters Forum as well as the Poole BSF forum.

Can't help thinking if I was a promotor in such a smallish motor sport I would be eager to look in on both and take on board supporters thoughts/wishes/comments etc. Maybe he could also have an alias name for contribution. Find it hard to believe that he would not look in if only out of curiosity as its not as if he would have to view 50,000 posts per day.

I have always wondered if he may have an alias name and is contributing in some way. If not I hope he looks in if only to have a laugh at some of the rumours/thoughts and comments, and maybe even glean some ideas based on some of what is written. After all the supporters are the life blood and future of this sport in whatever format we have going forward. They should not be totally ignored.

Maybe he will but how long does he hold fire while the discussions go on. Teams will start to fill and even he will surely start getting itchy as what to do going forward the longer it drags on.

It's times like this I wish we had the Polish system of a fixed transfer period of say between 2 weeks and 1 month but can't expect utopia in the PL.

Another thing I have always wondered since I started viewing the BSF. Speedway is not like the Football PL or MOTO GP. Its a relatively small motor sport in UK in relative terms. We all know how Matt Ford is both a successful speedway promotor as well as a strong supporter/advocate of the sport. Taking this into account and knowing his love for Poole, I wonder how much he may look in (especially in the close season) at both his own Poole Supporters Forum as well as the Poole BSF forum.

Can't help thinking if I was a promotor in such a smallish motor sport I would be eager to look in on both and take on board supporters thoughts/wishes/comments etc. Maybe he could also have an alias name for contribution. Find it hard to believe that he would not look in if only out of curiosity as its not as if he would have to view 50,000 posts per day.

I have always wondered if he may have an alias name and is contributing in some way. If not I hope he looks in if only to have a laugh at some of the rumours/thoughts and comments, and maybe even glean some ideas based on some of what is written. After all the supporters are the life blood and future of this sport in whatever format we have going forward. They should not be totally ignored.

Matt has far to much to do to even look at our forum and the BSF. He looked at our forum once last season, and didn't like what he saw..

He won't be at Poole I can tell you that much!!

You seem to know a lot mate, or perhaps your guessing..Oh i forgot, you are in with sponsors, and they need to know... :o

Edited by Starman2006

He won't be at Poole I can tell you that much!!

Hi POP

I must admit that one thing I have learned from the Poole Forum over the last couple of years as a mere visitor and non contributor (until 1/2 weeks ago) is my observation that you seem to have good inside info on some of the comings and goings. Think you are a lot more local than I am being in deepest Chelmsford - Essex. Maybe you have your ear close to the ground or maybe even a connection to the top table ;-)

I may be way off but just a feeling I have based on some of your informed comments/opinions over the last couple of years.

It would be great if we did have Matt F or Neil M in disguise posing as a contributor lol.

Riders do tend to thrive at Poole. It's the Poole winning mentality, the world champions we usually have riding for us, the team spirit and the bond between the manager and the riders. It's a winning formula.

Gavan doesn't know much about the winning mentality.. :rofl:

Sadly you can only spell one name can't you Gavan. No sorry, two names, and Shovlar. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Hi POP

I must admit that one thing I have learned from the Poole Forum over the last couple of years as a mere visitor and non contributor (until 1/2 weeks ago) is my observation that you seem to have good inside info on some of the comings and goings. Think you are a lot more local than I am being in deepest Chelmsford - Essex. Maybe you have your ear close to the ground or maybe even a connection to the top table ;-)

I may be way off but just a feeling I have based on some of your informed comments/opinions over the last couple of years.

It would be great if we did have Matt F or Neil M in disguise posing as a contributor lol.

Neil has posted before under Middlo & Matt has posted before also. Alot of people watch & have a laugh in the background ;)

Neil has posted before under Middlo & Matt has posted before also. Alot of people watch & have a laugh in the background ;)

Neil has many moons ago and got slagged off, but Matt has never posted on here.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Well his local is Foxhole

I do hope you mean't that spelling. :o Should have put Rabbit hole. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006