British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

I do hope that the lack of news on riders from Matt Ford is anything to do that at present the may not have a team sponsor ??

We know he has just lost his main sponsor who was putting in a six figure sum over the last 2 years. Even in his interviews he said was lookin for a new sponsor.

If has has riders signed then why not announce. Do we really want to see his comments as today in the Echo about his fear of relegation ??

Dont fret Matt has it all in hand..

already got the world under 21 final first. leg July 23 day after Cardiff so it should be ok

Is there a start time for this yet?

Edited by Pirate Baz

Good to see they have finally updated our website. We may be the biggest club in the UK, with great success over the past decade and we are great at promotion in and around Poole, Bournemouth. But, we are just awful at social media, we should be taking leaf out of Glasgow's book. Have a decent website which looks like it wasn't put together on 10 pounds. We should get a website sponsor who can build a good one for us and we also need more information through twitter. The Echo is normally best place to find information rather than our website.

• Like 1

Good to see they have finally updated our website. We may be the biggest club in the UK, with great success over the past decade and we are great at promotion in and around Poole, Bournemouth. But, we are just awful at social media, we should be taking leaf out of Glasgow's book. Have a decent website which looks like it wasn't put together on 10 pounds. We should get a website sponsor who can build a good one for us and we also need more information through twitter. The Echo is normally best place to find information rather than our website.

Its brown stuff isn't it Poole always seem to be in the age of steam when it comes to anything that requires a power source.

The Forum is all about opinions/rumour etc so how about these thoughts.

Brady Kurtz - Love to see him back at Poole buy also to try and double up with Sheffield on his 7.65 Championship av.

He was brilliant when he multi guested for Sheffield back in 2015 as it was a track that suited his style. He piled up countless double figure scores when he did appear. Add that to his appearances next year for Polonia Pila in Nice Polish Lge 1 (signed new contract for 2017) will also do his confidence and experience World of good. Also Sheffield regular race night is Thursday so no clash with Poole home matches and well away from Sunday's Polish meetings

Jack P Blackburn - Ok so he has signed for his home track and first love Sheffield in Champ.

Could he not also maybe double up as a 2 point rider with Poole ??. (Like a reverse B.Kurtz situation). Yes he will find it hard in some races but with the new PL format and points limit means there will probably be plenty of lower order riders incl by promoters with 4/3/2 point averages as they try to squeeze 7 riders in many with inflated PL averages. I am sure Jack would pinch points off quite a few and as he progresses also maybe off some of the so called established second strings. Also gives Matt Ford more room in top order.

Max Fricke - Now I know Lisa banged me down on this one but here me out on the facts if nothing else.

Max was World U21 champion by being most consistent rider as he did not win one of the 3 rounds. But his consistency won the title.

Max rode well in Sweden and his team won the Elite League

Max rode well in Poland and his team won the Nice Polish League 1 and were promoted to the Extraliga where he will ride for them in 2017

Max rode well in Denmark where I believe his team won the Danish league

Max rode well for BV and they just fell short of winning the EL in UK.

Ok an observation was made by Lisa he didn't do great at Poole last year. Ask yourself this. If he can ride well in 4 diff Countries and score well - win 3 league Championships - just fall short in the other plus be World U21 champion, what more can a rider do to show he is World quality, and to boot he is only6 months older than Brady Kurtz and will have just turned 21 in March 2017 when season starts. How many riders can profess such a CV at that age ???

Additionally I notice after I posted reservations about both BV and Leicester running in 2017 some soul/souls tweeted the BSPA asking if any update and the noises coming out of the BSPA are not exactly overwhelming other than talks are ongoing.

If I was Matt Ford, I would try my best to get this lad in with the promise of a team place - guaranteed getting paid and good sponsorship also to hopefully ride alongside the likes of Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz meaning the majority of the Young Australia side together as what I call a Dynamic/Turbo Trio. If I was Max I know where I would want to go knowing the security of my club was assured and also a better chance than most maybe of winning the new PL.

Also he has a decision to make. He can only ride 3 leagues now incl his home league now he is in Polish EL. Being an Aussie that mean UK/Poland and Sweden. He will have to give up Denmark meaning a possible hole in earnings on top of the uncertainty of BV and whether he would get a guaranteed pay cheque let alone if they will even run.

Sorry for long post but all above my thoughts and opinions.

The Forum is all about opinions/rumour etc so how about these thoughts.

Brady Kurtz - Love to see him back at Poole buy also to try and double up with Sheffield on his 7.65 Championship av.

He was brilliant when he multi guested for Sheffield back in 2015 as it was a track that suited his style. He piled up countless double figure scores when he did appear. Add that to his appearances next year for Polonia Pila in Nice Polish Lge 1 (signed new contract for 2017) will also do his confidence and experience World of good. Also Sheffield regular race night is Thursday so no clash with Poole home matches and well away from Sunday's Polish meetings

Jack P Blackburn - Ok so he has signed for his home track and first love Sheffield in Champ.

Could he not also maybe double up as a 2 point rider with Poole ??. (Like a reverse B.Kurtz situation). Yes he will find it hard in some races but with the new PL format and points limit means there will probably be plenty of lower order riders incl by promoters with 4/3/2 point averages as they try to squeeze 7 riders in many with inflated PL averages. I am sure Jack would pinch points off quite a few and as he progresses also maybe off some of the so called established second strings. Also gives Matt Ford more room in top order.

Max Fricke - Now I know Lisa banged me down on this one but here me out on the facts if nothing else.

Max was World U21 champion by being most consistent rider as he did not win one of the 3 rounds. But his consistency won the title.

Max rode well in Sweden and his team won the Elite League

Max rode well in Poland and his team won the Nice Polish League 1 and were promoted to the Extraliga where he will ride for them in 2017

Max rode well in Denmark where I believe his team won the Danish league

Max rode well for BV and they just fell short of winning the EL in UK.

Ok an observation was made by Lisa he didn't do great at Poole last year. Ask yourself this. If he can ride well in 4 diff Countries and score well - win 3 league Championships - just fall short in the other plus be World U21 champion, what more can a rider do to show he is World quality, and to boot he is only6 months older than Brady Kurtz and will have just turned 21 in March 2017 when season starts. How many riders can profess such a CV at that age ???

Additionally I notice after I posted reservations about both BV and Leicester running in 2017 some soul/souls tweeted the BSPA asking if any update and the noises coming out of the BSPA are not exactly overwhelming other than talks are ongoing.

As i said on our forum, i would love to see Max Fricke at Poole, imo there's a lot more improvement to come. There's another rider i would like to see which i put in the same post, who i think would come on a ton at poole. But im not saying on here.

As i said on our forum, i would love to see Max Fricke at Poole, imo there's a lot more improvement to come. There's another rider i would like to see which i put in the same post, who i think would come on a ton at poole. But im not saying on here.

Why would he come on a tonne at Poole but nowhere else?

Jeez why do riders only improve at Poole lol

That's fine, I'm not saying he isn't a good rider. He just struggles at Poole and has done for last few seasons. He normally has one good ride but that is usually it.

I wonder if that might change if it became his home track.

Anyway its all about opinions which makes this forum so thought provoking and as a new contributor as I am, also enjoyable fun when it isn't the nasty stuff some seem to thrive on lol. Not putting you in that crowd by the way ;-)

Also another off the possible rumour list just posted from the Polish website.

Janusz Kolodziej has proposals to compete abroad, but instead will focus on driving Fogo Union.

Seems he had offers from Sweden and other Countries but wants to concentrate on Polish EL side - their nursery track and also SEC and qualifying for SGP.

Personally I see him as another K Buczkowski so would not have seen him as a good signing in the unlikely event Matt was even interested. One less to think about for any British team.

Why would he come on a tonne at Poole but nowhere else?

Jeez why do riders only improve at Poole lol

Because its the place to be :icon_smile_clown: And they get paid... You stick to your PL racing...

Edited by Starman2006

Simple they don't.

They get paid at Poole every week, thats why they would be better off to start with..

Edited by Starman2006

The place to be lol

Oh and im on a thread with premier league racing thanks..................they changed the league names do keep up

Yours is called the Championship. Go away.

Edited by Starman2006