British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Really I think Wolves will be favourites

Is anyone really favourites at this embryonic stage?

Wolves might only be favourites on the assumption who we might sign.

One thing you can be sure of is that Poole will have a quality 1-7 to start the season.

• Like 1

I'd suggest apart from Cyfer it could be close. Cymer would no way be a 5 in any case.

But throw in a different reserve, and with that line up you would be favourites again.

How is 5.00 point average realistic for even the appallingly useless Cyfer. Several years Ekstraliga racing plus a year in Elitserien. He should be 7.50 at the lowest, if not 9.00. There are allot of riders who cannot get Ekstraliga & Elitserien team spots with higher averages than 9.00.

How is 5.00 point average realistic for even the appallingly useless Cyfer. Several years Ekstraliga racing plus a year in Elitserien. He should be 7.50 at the lowest, if not 9.00. There are allot of riders who cannot get Ekstraliga & Elitserien team spots with higher averages than 9.00.

If Poole sign Cyfer on a 5 that's very fair, the blokes s#!+€. Worse than Woryna.

• Like 1

I do hope that the lack of news on riders from Matt Ford is anything to do that at present the may not have a team sponsor ??

We know he has just lost his main sponsor who was putting in a six figure sum over the last 2 years. Even in his interviews he said was lookin for a new sponsor.

If has has riders signed then why not announce. Do we really want to see his comments as today in the Echo about his fear of relegation ??

We know Matt is good at playing the media and announcing when it suits him for max media exposure, which fair enough and good for him. But just a niggle makes me wonder if he is holding back as he needs the major sponsorship money he has enjoyed in previous years before he can commit to any major signings ??

Hopefully not the case. Just hope he starts giving us something shortly to wet the appetite as cannot see how riders such as HA and BK let snippets leak out about possible returns yet nothing coming from upon high.

Come on Matt - Give us something besides young JH and the non return of CH.

If some riders are signed then why the rush to announce as the remaining positions could be down to other riders becoming available if not needed by their parent clubs?! Blimey its only barely 2 weeks since the AGM!!!

Matt usually has at least 3 different team configerations on paper!!

Edited by Skidder1

If some riders are signed then why the rush to announce as the remaining positions could be down to other riders becoming available if not needed by their parent clubs?! Blimey its only barely 2 weeks since the AGM!!!

Matt usually has at least 3 different team configerations on paper!!

Yes you are right.

Unfortunately I follow the main Polish Speedway website where they run things so differently.

They manage to organise 3 leagues where the transfer and signing window is open for just 2 weeks - opens 1st Nov closes latest 15th Nov. Only exceptions being if say a Polish EL club releases one of its squad players to a loan to a Nice 1st/2nd div side for a season which can be done after the official transfer cut off date. Amazing how these guys manage to do it with riders all over the World in the close season even if some go down to the wire at last minute. A bit like the transfer deadline excitement you get on SKY football transfer deadline but in speedway form.

The UK a lot different of course. Much weaker league with ever diminishing amount of big stars - new league/points structure indeed agreed only 2 weeks ago - A new Premier League which even as we speak we have no idea if it will really be 9 teams or maybe less - There is an uneasy situation surrounding BV and Leicester. There have been announcements they PLAN to run in Prem but will they and in what format ??

BV no idea who will be running for sure and on what budget. Will top riders want to sign up after the farce of last seasons finances ?? Let alone the uneasy future. Leicester supposedly have 2 poss but both have to meet a long list of requirements and rumour is they may only have Saturdays at home again which would seem to rule out maybe some of the better riders doubling up in Poland. After this what quality will they have in the side ??

Would not surprise me if we end up with 8 or 7 teams in Prem after all the talk is finished. I hope not and just airing my fears and opinion.

I also do hope that Matt Ford ties up a decent sponsor after the loss of Readypower. That is a fair chunk of change at a time Speedway is going through an already tough period. Not many have 6 figures to throw around these days on a minority sport even if us minorities love it as I have done since my first meeting at Hackney Wick back in 1970 as a teenager.

I suppose it also keeps the BS Forum hot with different views/opinions while all of this trundles on. If we had the Polish system, while it may be exciting for 2 weeks what the hell would we have to talk about if it was all done and dusted by today with still 4 months before we go racing again lol.

My excitement of trying to have Poole riders announced asap (even in dribs and drabs) is getting to me.

• Like 1

Tbh I reckon the Swindon situation will turn into a farce, can see them racing away fixtures to start then the stadium not being ready in time to get the home meetings in so will have to drop out the league. Could finish with 6 teams and a shambles bigger than anything we've seen before. And let's be honest that takes some doing

FYI, we can still use the "old abbey" if required. That will not be knocked down until the new one is operational. The main buildings are being build offsite & bought onto site when required.

Tbh I reckon the Swindon situation will turn into a farce, can see them racing away fixtures to start then the stadium not being ready in time to get the home meetings in so will have to drop out the league. Could finish with 6 teams and a shambles bigger than anything we've seen before. And let's be honest that takes some doing

already got the world under 21 final first. leg July 23 day after Cardiff so it should be ok