British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

This would be a quality side.

1. Hampel=10.50 just a rumour

2. Jack= 7.16

3. Brady=7.65

4. Drabik= 6.00 I have no idea what he would come in on.

5. Hans=10.01

6. Kyle=6.31

7. Jack P Blackburn=2.00

49.63= With two big heat leaders and 3 of the top young riders in the world. A Poole legend and master at home and the UK's top young prospect would be a solid team.

Now that would be a team I would gladly go to pay and see.

A great mix of youth and experience.

To throw a spanner in the mix. Even if Drabik was given a little more than 6 I would be prepared to swap Hampel for a revitalised and fit C.Harris on 1.29 points less. Reading a speedway GPrix post today he seems up for doubling up in British Prem and Champ, next year without the worry of minor appearances abroad and not getting paid. If he does get fitter and has an appetite there could be worse riders.

Additionally if its about strength in depth you know he will ride his guts out for 4 laps. Knows most of the British tracks, and will not disappear off to the Continent as he has said he will concentrate his efforts on PL & NL doubling up only by the looks of it. Also I see his imput as big on young riders coming through.

Again its an opinion. Maybe not an out and out number 1 any more but can beat anyone on his day and its about consistency from a rider who will try his best every ride.

I think the $64,000 question is whether Drabik is even in the equation and if yes on what average.

This is what this forum should be about. Sensible creative opinion even if people disagree with my and PooleBolton views which are purely coincidental as I only joined the Forum a week or so ago after a few years of viewing but cringing at some of the not so pleasant stuff that seems to fill the Poole Forum with volumes of unpleasantries at times.

Airing opinions is good and what makes this forum worth visiting. However we should not allow it to get too personal as this is what its about. Opinions and interest in the sport long term.

Hampel last rode for Ipswich in Britain so I don't think he is an asset of any Prem team.

NKI cant do Britain if he signs the Piraterna deal which is on the table, Doyle signed for Swindon, AJ has said he isn't doing Britain, C. Holder isn't coming back to Poole next season.

The only available No.1s from last season are KK and Zagar.

I don't think our No.1 will be Drabik because of the in-experience on British tracks. a 19 yr old riding @ No.1 in a country he has never ridden in before. However that is not to say Drabik wont be in the team

I really do think its either Hampel, KK or one of the Laguta brothers. A non GP rider who isn't Scandinavian.

Hampel would make so much sense to me. It would work out well for all parties imo.

Sorry, meant to say Drabik not at number 1 just in the team. Which Laguta brother is the better one get confused??? Hampel and Drabik come in together. Pirates of Poole said our number 1 would be in range of 9.5 to 10.5 Hampel fits so. I would rather Hampel than Laguta brother.

Now that would be a team I would gladly go to pay and see.

A great mix of youth and experience.

To throw a spanner in the mix. Even if Drabik was given a little more than 6 I would be prepared to swap Hampel for a revitalised and fit C.Harris on 1.29 points less. Reading a speedway GPrix post today he seems up for doubling up in British Prem and Champ, next year without the worry of minor appearances abroad and not getting paid. If he does get fitter and has an appetite there could be worse riders.

Additionally if its about strength in depth you know he will ride his guts out for 4 laps. Knows most of the British tracks, and will not disappear off to the Continent as he has said he will concentrate his efforts on PL & NL doubling up only by the looks of it. Also I see his imput as big on young riders coming through.

Again its an opinion. Maybe not an out and out number 1 any more but can beat anyone on his day and its about consistency from a rider who will try his best every ride.

I think the $64,000 question is whether Drabik is even in the equation and if yes on what average.

This is what this forum should be about. Sensible creative opinion even if people disagree with my and PooleBolton views which are purely coincidental as I only joined the Forum a week or so ago after a few years of viewing but cringing at some of the not so pleasant stuff that seems to fill the Poole Forum with volumes of unpleasantries at times.

Airing opinions is good and what makes this forum worth visiting. However we should not allow it to get too personal as this is what its about. Opinions and interest in the sport long term.

Cheers man, agree with the ideas it's about team building and rumours. Every other sports does rumours and that is what the off season is about more than anything else. AGM is over now can't do much about it. Welcome to the forum, and have a go at building a team yourself.

I don't think it will be Magic because you have GP practice sessions and stuff so Magic would miss a few away meetings (Cov - Fri, Rye - Sat & Somerset - Fri).

I would say Grigorij is better than Artem but I agree with you I would prefer Hampel and Jarek fits.

Hampel is defo most likely out of him and the Laguta's. Jarek must of lost a lot of money through the broken leg injury. Britain is easy money fair enough its not great money compared to Poland and Sweden but it is easy money and a way for the big names to get some confidence.

When Magic rode for us his confidence was showing on a bike and it resulted in a good season.

in 2016 Magic chose Sweden over Britain and imo had a poor season by his standards. Polish meetings were Poor and he didn't get into the top 8 in the GP standings.

As I said earlier Jarek wants to get back into the GP's so what better way to get back into the GP's by doing Britain. British season kicks off before the Polish and Swedish seasons therefore Jarek would have got some race sharpness and confidence back by then. Jarek would also be getting some loss of earnings back from last season. No GP's so Jarek needs to make an impression on the organisers and he can do that by racing a lot of meetings and scoring lots of points.

I don't think it will be Magic because you have GP practice sessions and stuff so Magic would miss a few away meetings (Cov - Fri, Rye - Sat & Somerset - Fri).

I would say Grigorij is better than Artem but I agree with you I would prefer Hampel and Jarek fits.

Hampel is defo most likely out of him and the Laguta's. Jarek must of lost a lot of money through the broken leg injury. Britain is easy money fair enough its not great money compared to Poland and Sweden but it is easy money and a way for the big names to get some confidence.

When Magic rode for us his confidence was showing on a bike and it resulted in a good season.

in 2016 Magic chose Sweden over Britain and imo had a poor season by his standards. Polish meetings were Poor and he didn't get into the top 8 in the GP standings.

As I said earlier Jarek wants to get back into the GP's so what better way to get back into the GP's by doing Britain. British season kicks off before the Polish and Swedish seasons therefore Jarek would have got some race sharpness and confidence back by then. Jarek would also be getting some loss of earnings back from last season. No GP's so Jarek needs to make an impression on the organisers and he can do that by racing a lot of meetings and scoring lots of points.

Yes agree 100%. I back Matt to get good team and especially number 1. He just needs to get Drabik or one of the young polish stars over here and say look you need the experience on small tracks for the GP's.

It never ceases to amaze me how wild prople's imaginations can run??!!

Poole's team building will undoubtedly attempt to have Kyle Newman at reserve. The rest of the 1-7 will simply be playing the numbers game.

Even with Newman at reserve with another 2 poiinter if Poole dont get Hampel they are still not that strong.What average did AJ come back on 10.05.?will Hampel comeback on the same average as Lindback.? he shouldnt do.

It never ceases to amaze me how wild prople's imaginations can run??!!

Problem is mate a lot of them who come on this thread are waiting for Matt to name riders so they can scream FOUL, you can't do that. We are still the club others are frightened of. :t:

All this speculating, what average would Dudek come in on having never rode here ?

Edited by Starman2006

Problem is mate a lot of them who come on this thread are waiting for Matt to name riders so they can scream FOUL, you can't do that. We are still the club others are frightened of. :t:

All this speculating, what average would Dudek come in on having never rode here ?

Dudek starting out on his debut GP series wont be riding here in March in this Mickey mouse league.
  • Like 1

Dudek starting out on his debut GP series wont be riding here in March in this Mickey mouse league.

Thats not what i asked ..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Poole had a team that should have easily won it last season but they didn't com close. Don't kid yourself - no one is frightened of Poole! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

He won the world under 21 whilst riding for Swindon, and then as you say he was always only going to get better wouldnt have mattered where he rode.

Indeed he did, that was 2011 I believe and he signed for us for 2012 which was his last year of being U21. Think he came second to MJJ that season and he was wildly inconsistent for us, and many of his poor meetings were in the lead up to U21 rounds where he was obviously keeping safe for those meetings, which I am sure world have been demanded by the Polish authorities. He went to Poole for 2013 where I believe his lack of U21 commitments contributed to his improvement.

• Like 1