British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

I don't think he will have been eligible anyway under the new Polish rules. He has signed for Woclaw and Indianerna.

MJJ maybe

Only if he fails to get a team place in the Polish Extraleague in 2017. This is quite apart from the fact that he would miss numerous Wednesday fixtures due the Danish league.

Edited by tocha

Just to be clear Matt Ford has said its 'unlikely' that Adam Ellis can be fitted in to Poole's 1-7 (despite him arguing that Adam's average should be calculated differently at the AGM due to him not riding PL. One EL club argued vociferously against it - I wonder who that was??).

Most interesting bit of news on this thread for a little while as a lot of rubbish about dumping riders etc being written.

Do people not know how speedway works as this happens every season.

Anyway, coming back to the point highlighted above, it would be really interesting to know the team that argued the point on Ellis average and if it was just 'one' team that complained, why didn't democracy overrule this with the other promoters.

That 'one' promotion at the AGM may have just hindered a future British GP star.

I would have guessed Lakeside before they had moved down but unknown although if I had to guess, it could be Wolves or Swindon.

Most interesting bit of news on this thread for a little while as a lot of rubbish about dumping riders etc being written.

Anyway, coming back to the point highlighted above, it would be really interesting to know the team that argued the point on Ellis average and if it was just 'one' team that complained, why didn't democracy overrule this with the other promoters.

That 'one' promotion at the AGM may have just hindered a future British GP star.

I would have guessed Lakeside before they had moved down but unknown although if I had to guess, it could be Wolves or Swindon.

Adam is now associated with Poole, they should sign him ....
  • Like 1

He should have ridden PL this year, he was given the opportunity by at least one club.

How do you know a vote was not taken on the matter?!

• Like 1

I think Ford has made a grave error not including Chris Holder,is it because there personnel relationship has broken down.?My team would be Holder,Holder,J,) Kurtz,Ellis,Blackburn,Newman with another not to bad a team and would take alot of beating at home.

All good things come to an end mate. Nothing stays the same. But this doesn't mean its the end for Chris at Poole.

With the way the league has been set up im sure we will not be the only club who will have to leave certain riders out.

Edited by Starman2006

Hans has just signed. Well that is a good signing. 10.01 average. I love Chris and really want him in Pirate colours but Hans for first half season was our best rider and was getting 12 points a meeting. In this league would expect 10 points a meeting. Doyle will beat him though.

So far

1. Hans=10.01

2.J.Holder=7.16

Not bad....

32.83 for 5 riders= 6.6 per a rider. Imagine Matt signs Perks on a 3 due to way he wrote in Echo with no Chris.

So that would be 7.5 average per rider if we have Perks.

Edited by poolebolton
  • Like 2

I think Ford has made a grave error not including Chris Holder,is it because there personnel relationship has broken down.?My team would be Holder,Holder,J,) Kurtz,Ellis,Blackburn,Newman with another not to bad a team and would take alot of beating at home.

Holder was on Twitter blaming the adjustment to averages, no mention of Ford of course.

Holder was on Twitter blaming the adjustment to averages, no mention of Ford of course.

And that would be the main reason, nothing else.

Hans was a no brainer. Hans will bring valueable experience to the pits as well as consistency on the track.

Very good signing.

I doubt KK will sign now but I am more than happy if Hans was our No.1. Hans has always been commited to British Speedway.

And im sure that Kyle will be there somewhere...

• Like 1

Hans was a no brainer. Hans will bring valueable experience to the pits as well as consistency on the track.

Very good signing.

I doubt KK will sign now but I am more than happy if Hans was our No.1. Hans has always been commited to British Speedway.

Lucky he went through bad batch otherwise his average would have been like Chris. We would have won title last year if he was not injured.

Lucky he went through bad batch otherwise his average would have been like Chris. We would have won title last year if he was not injured.

We would have won the title if we not had Buckowski.

• Like 1

I like the Jack P Blackburn addition. As Hans has let it slip in how he has replied to a tweet from a fan that he will be at Poole next year you can replace CH with HA and have additional points to play with. For sure a combination of youth and experience is the way to go.

Let's also not forget the league is not won in the first months of the season. We want to see good racing with young riders gaining experience and getting better - plus qualify for the top 4. Finishing top does not guarantee you win the league as BV will confirm.

• Like 1

Hans has just signed. Well that is a good signing. 10.01 average. I love Chris and really want him in Pirate colours but Hans for first half season was our best rider and was getting 12 points a meeting. In this league would expect 10 points a meeting. Doyle will beat him though.

So far

1. Hans=10.01

2.J.Holder=7.16

Not bad....

32.83 for 5 riders= 6.6 per a rider. Imagine Matt signs Perks on a 3 due to way he wrote in Echo with no Chris.

So that would be 7.5 average per rider if we have Perks.

Perks would be 2.38 from his meetings at Plymouth.

Looking at the majority of riders down to compete in British speedway, most can be bracketed a GOOD 2nd strings or FAIR 2nd and 3rd heatleaders. Each able to take points off each other. We could assemble a team of consistent riders all around the 7 mark, but not one guaranteed to max out. Whereas a strong No1 could come in and clear up. scoring 12 plus each meeting. Also, when we come to heats 10 to 15 in a tight match, to retain any hopes of success a strong No 1 is essential .

I understand what people say about getting rid of the top riders because of costs, but that needs to be done via the rules. While they are allowed, teams will continue to use their ability to give them an advantage....... A strong No1 is essential if you want to win.......

• Like 2

Adam is now associated with Poole, they should sign him ....

What one year in a team makes you associated with him.

Poole don't own him and he is an asset of Lakeside to my understanding.

Sad thing is, that had he signed for Poole rather than Lakeside, he may still be in the side but highly unlikely.

Lakeside should take him on regardless of the division.