British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Awful decision to not sign Chris Holder, in my opinion. Noddy is worth all 2.5 points more per meeting than Hans is*. MADNESS I tells ya!

*I'm assuming Hans will be our No.1.

Time will tell.

Makes me LOL people saying Matt Fords team building is wrong. The guy wins league titles for fun! 1 bad season in what, 18 years? I think he knows how to make the most of the rules in any given season!

Reason I'm arguing for Holder is that every team is likely to drop their total GSA of 50, unless they are vastly superior to all other teams in the league. So secure the services of one of the league's top stars, who should average 10+ and rest in the knowledge you have a go-to guy for golden JOKE rule and Ht 13/15.

• Like 1

"Sadly, because of the new rules, it's clear to see that even if he were to score a 12-point maximum every meeting, effectively we would be giving away half a point in our team-building structure."

This ignores the fact that teams are builfing to 50 buy will average 42. Multiply x .85 to get what a rider needs to score to "maintsin" their average. So for c holder, he would need to average 10.4 . Which he will comfortably do. In fact, if you assume you need your number one to average 2 in the nominated heat, he need average around 10 to be worth his average.

So if that quote is ford, he is either telling porkies, or not as astute as his followers make out. Which could it be..?

Would add that I'm not saying ford should have signed holder, can certainly see logic in a side like Gater1 has outlined above, though would swap starke/perks for batch/2pter.

Would happily see holder at belle vue.

• Like 1

Reason I'm arguing for Holder is that every team is likely to drop their total GSA of 50, unless they are vastly superior to all other teams in the league. So secure the services of one of the league's top stars, who should average 10+ and rest in the knowledge you have a go-to guy for golden JOKE rule and Ht 13/15.

correct

if Doyle rides for Swindon and Holder , Zagar and Iversen dont ride over here then Doyle should be good for 14 or 15 points every meeting and that is a massive amount.

every team , and 90% of riders will drop their average thats a fact.

correct

if Doyle rides for Swindon and Holder , Zagar and Iversen dont ride over here then Doyle should be good for 14 or 15 points every meeting and that is a massive amount.

every team , and 90% of riders will drop their average thats a fact.

It is not a fact til it actual happens. Kyle's average could increase, so could Brady's. So that's two riders so far in your ten percent. Josh Bates would probably increase too.

What don't you agree with? The fact no team in the Premiership will maintain their (up to) 50.00 GSA, or my argument for signing Chris Holder!?

In first half of last season who held the team together it was Hans not Chris Holder! I don't want two weak riders in the 1-5 to accommodate Chris, we have done a lot of seasons with top heavy teams. Time for strength in depth. Let's see how Swindon get on with it. Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

Jack Holder confirmed as signing number 1!

Bit of a risk on a 7+ average for his first year in the EL but I guess time will tell.

Shame for Holder but to be fair he did spend a lot of time moaning about the British tracks including Pooles. The question is, if Poole aren't willing to sign Holder on a 12 average, will they attempt to sign KK who is only 1pt lower or go for somebody like Hans?

If I was MF then this is the team I would select.

1. Hans Andersen 10.01

2. Paul Starke 6.62

3. Brady Kurtz 7.65

4. Jack Holder 7.16

5. Chris Harris 9.21

6. Kyle Newman 6.31

7. Ellis Perks 3.00

Wouldn't lose a meeting at home all season long. Experienced top 2. High scoring reserve guaranteed all season long.

What no Batch :nono:

Its a jigsaw puzzle putting the pieces into place and you can't fit a square peg in a round hole. Adams average is too high to place him in the team Matt Ford has in his mind.

In Matts mind while team building nationality doesn't come into the equation. Considering Matt Ford has prove in his tenure as owner of Poole Speedway is that he is the best at building title winning teams by the proverbial mile.

Sure, he could fit in Adam, and most Poole fans would be very happy at his inclusion. But it could lead to an imbalance in another area of the side. No one should doubt Matt doesn't know what he is doing. I would not be at all suprised to see rival fans going into some type of meltdown if the team he wants to put together actually does come together.

I think we'd be more surprised if he didn't Steve & the averages for Brady & Klindt give Poole & Wolves one heck of a good head start on the rest.

Just to be clear Matt Ford has said its 'unlikely' that Adam Ellis can be fitted in to Poole's 1-7 (despite him arguing that Adam's average should be calculated differently at the AGM due to him not riding PL. One EL club argued vociferously against it - I wonder who that was??).

Lets just wait and see. You never know whoever the new main team sponsor is may well be an Ellis fan!!!??

Incidentally, the reason Gomolski appears in some suggested Poole line-ups is because he was 'promised' a 2017 team place at the end of the 2015 season when he effectively won the play-off final!!

Go on then Skidder let us know the club??

Why obviously?

Yes come on Gater1 back up why it was "obviously Swindon"

No suprise to me. Average to high. Im very suprised that Swindon are alledgedly looking to kep Doyley on his average.

I'm not as I would rather see one quality rider than a load of journeyman riders or potential up & coming riders.

Had enough of watching inconsistent riders at Swindon's last season who should've done much better than they did.

Swindon will struggle to get a team with Jason but it's a no brainier for me the same way Leigh Adams was each season.

It is not a fact til it actual happens. Kyle's average could increase, so could Brady's. So that's two riders so far in your ten percent. Josh Bates would probably increase too.

In first half of last season who held the team together it was Hans not Chris Holder! I don't want two weak riders in the 1-5 to accommodate Chris, we have done a lot of seasons with top heavy teams. Time for strength in depth. Let's see how Swindon get on with it.

Yep Kyles could , maybe Brady maybe Bates.

but have a look at most teams top 5, 1 and at best possibly 2 may improve their starting average.

Those riders who solely rode elite league last season will have to improve hugely to achieve the 1.4 multiple conversion and the top boys converting their premier league averages will also not maintain.

The only riders are those who are awful in the premier (Newman and Bates) who may improve but not if they arent in reserve.

Zagar, Fricke, Nicholls, KK, Harris, Pedersen, Iversen, Doyle, AJ, Nilsson, Morris, Thorsell. all rode elite league only and all will see their averages drop.

Howarth, Tungate, Josh G, Lawson, Worrall, Kennett, Cook, King, all coming in on last seasons premier average and again will struggle to maintain them.

If you can find 5 riders who will up their average (forget 3 pointers) then you will have done very well

Top Strength teams always win the league.

So Chris holder is welcome to travel up north for me

correct ,

Chris Holder fell out with Matt Ford as has been well documented on this forum by those Poole fans in the know. He doesnt care much for the Poole track either.

Points conversion is a nice excuse for him to leave.

Hans Andersen as Poole number 1 , racing Doyle 3 times , no chance

Harris might achieve his average I reckon. Zagar and Lindgren too.

It's like any season, you pick riders that offer value on their average. thus season though that simply means dropping less than 15% off their average. if they can actually hold it or improve that's exceptional. BATCH Schlein k bjerre could do it.