1. Chris Holder 12.53

2. Jack Holder 7.16

3. Kyle Newman 6.31

4. Paul Starke 6.62

5. Troy Batchelor 7.36

6. Jake Allen 5.96

7. Dan Bewley 4.00

What do you think guys?

Not a legal line-up, no 3 point British rider.

Virtually impossible to build a decent team with a 50.00 limit.

Only Championship clubs are required to include a British 3 pointer.

Our team is going to be so weak now that Chris Holder has reportedly signed.

Swindon will struggle as well.

The new points limit will suit teams like Leicester and Rye House imo.

you say that but it is all relative as you would expect Holder to outscore say Batchelor every meeting by 5 points as there averages dictate.

Holder, Doyle and Iversen could be nigh on unbeatable in this league if you feel that other teams will go strength in depth as they will have fairly weak heat leaders.

Have a 43 point limit and give Holder his true average or go to 50 and have it higher its all relative,

The decisions will be based on wether top heavy or lower strength same as its always been.

Leicester or Rye House could have a rider on 9 , 8 ,7 ,7 7,6 and 6 against Poole with a 12, 10, 9 , 6 , 6 , 4 and 3.

Both add up to 50 but Pooles 3 heat leaders should outscore the other 3 by some margin and if you get the bottom end right with potential improvers you would expect a win for Poole.

One thing Matt Ford does is build good teams and having Holder is a huge plus in my book

Spot on. Best racing I saw last season was at Somerset.

I agree with you Somerset is and always has been a good track. Many now say its just one line, but thats down to the riders imo.

It's the same limit for every team in the Premiership, and all teams will have to work with the average a rider has been given in this new league... Calm yourselves!!

With the revamp of the league structure now in place the goal appears to be to lessen the quality gap between the leagues, which looks likely. People can moan about the lack of GP riders, but as a fan of speedway the most important factor to me is the quality/competitiveness of the racing. The best races I've seen in recent seasons have come from duels between the likes of Charlie Wright, Kyle Newman, Stevie Worrall, so this revamp will hopefully give us fans more of that.

You had better tell Tidgy that on our forum, he still lives in the 60's and 70's.. :rofl:

Hans 10.01

Kurtz 9.22

Lambert 8.76

Holder 7.16

Kyle 6.31

Ellis Perks 3.00

??? 5.54 not sure who though

I thought you reported earlier that both Holders had signed and that Holder, Doyle and NKI were having their averages capped at 12.00?!

If there is any truth in the latter then I think it will only apply to Holder and Doyle as NKI is unlikely to ride in UK as he has already committed to 3 other leagues - Poland, Sweden and his domestic league Denmark. (That's also why I think KL will retain Lambert!)

I'm not being rude to other teams. But Matt has made us to big for this league, we should just race in Sweden. I'm sure it would be successful when Grin is riding over here. Just an idea, NFL has plans for expansion franchise why can't we. I will say however, this next season is going to be rubbish due to points limit. In 2018 we actually have a real league.

THIS IS THE YEAR WHERE MATT'S TEAM BUILDING SKILLS NEED TO DELIVER A EXCITING TEAM.

Blimey that's 19.7 of the 50 point total. Does that mean that Jack would be in the 1 - 5. It seems it going to be tough to get into that 50 point target.

I wonder if Poole will honour the 2year signing of Hansi? If they do then that's nearly 30 points for 3 riders - leaving 20 for the remaining 4 riders. Will be interesting to see what transpires!

Reckon Matt should apply for Poole to join the Polish extraleague

Pooleski :wink:

I'm not being rude to other teams. But Matt has made us to big for this league, we should just race in Sweden. I'm sure it would be successful when Grin is riding over here. Just an idea, NFL has plans for expansion franchise why can't we. I will say however, this next season is going to be rubbish due to points limit. In 2018 we actually have a real league.

THIS IS THE YEAR WHERE MATT'S TEAM BUILDING SKILLS NEED TO DELIVER A EXCITING TEAM.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think you are actually serious about Poole being too big for the Premiership!

I thought you reported earlier that both Holders had signed and that Holder, Doyle and NKI were having their averages capped at 12.00?!

If there is any truth in the latter then I think it will only apply to Holder and Doyle as NKI is unlikely to ride in UK as he has already committed to 3 other leagues - Poland, Sweden and his domestic league Denmark. (That's also why I think KL will retain Lambert!)

NKI was very interested in what was happening with the AGM when it was going on and was in England at the time as well.

go to the Swedish league then if you think you are to above every other club hang on who won the league last season ? But you carry on and go we don't need you imo
  • Like 1

1. Chris Holder 12.53

2. Jack Holder 7.16

3. Kyle Newman 6.31

4. Paul Starke 6.62

5. Troy Batchelor 7.36

6. Jake Allen 5.96

7. Dan Bewley 4.00

What do you think guys?

Virtually impossible to build a decent team with a 50.00 limit.

Swap kurtz (assuming scb is correct that he should be 7.65) and a 2 pointer for those two reserves. or Milik rather than kurtz if he is available on a ludicrous 7.1. or otherwise Ellis? Bewley will surely be at BV?

Well, after reading Matt's comments in the echo he does not seem that happy really does he. But anyway here is a guess at what I think would be a good team. Would love Chris, just on that average.

1.C.Holder=12.35

2.Jack Holder 7.16

3. Kyle Newman 6.31

4.Batchelor= 6.9

5.B.Kurtz= 7.65

6.Ellis Perks=3,00

7.Paul Starke=6.62

49.99. Would be a crazy team. Has some good Poole riders and Starke, J. Holder, Newman all give 150% every race.

What a stupid response! Youre citing ONE persons view, not the whole club.

And why do people keep putting Batchelor in for Poole? Can't be doing with him!

looks the best about on that average after a poor season last time around and he only came in may i think he will be a rider well sought after i think troy will be on matts radar for sure