British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Think the points limit should have been 60 not 50. Far too weak.

We now wait with baited breath for dear old Gavans expert opinion.... :rofl:

Well according to this report today in the Polish press Jack will be at Poole in 2017 along with Chris who will be captain!

http://www.pomorska.pl/sport/a/znamy-sklad-get-well-2017-grzegorz-walasek-i-jack-holder-podpisali-wroci-michael-jepsen-jensen,11420239/

Well it would be a shock if that wasn't the case, Jack is going to have a big future in the sport.

1. Chris Holder 12.53

2. Jack Holder 7.16

3. Kyle Newman 6.31

4. Paul Starke 6.62

5. Troy Batchelor 7.36

6. Jake Allen 5.96

7. Dan Bewley 4.00

What do you think guys?

Virtually impossible to build a decent team with a 50.00 limit.

Absolute crap.

• Like 2

I think its 0.5 too high. When you consider Milik would be available on a lower average, why would clubs go for Adam, regardless of his potential?

Because Adam would give his all to British speedway unlike Millik who would questionable.

The average is for the points Adam scored at reserve when he was having extra rides anyway & as a 2nd string in 2016 so is as honest as it can be.

Have some confidence in the lads ability after all you saw him more than others last season.

I was in my lecture at uni as this news broke. And well at first I thought well this is good and I have thought 24 hours later that this is just crap. I mean we have just have screwed this up especially this season. The 2018 season when people have real averages will be good but this year is going to be so bad. Doyle might be only GP rider. Only way we get Chris is if we someone get some young polish riders of very low averages around the 5.5 mark. paweł przedpełski????? Does he want to ride in the UK.I mean we all know Poole have links with, Plymouth, Somerset and Isle of W. But we have links with Torun as well. We feed them riders after we have made them good. Fair enough. So maybe Torun can gives us some of there young talent.

I was in my lecture at uni as this news broke. And well at first I thought well this is good and I have thought 24 hours later that this is just crap. I mean we have just have screwed this up especially this season. The 2018 season when people have real averages will be good but this year is going to be so bad. Doyle might be only GP rider. Only way we get Chris is if we someone get some young polish riders of very low averages around the 5.5 mark. paweł przedpełski????? Does he want to ride in the UK.I mean we all know Poole have links with, Plymouth, Somerset and Isle of W. But we have links with Torun as well. We feed them riders after we have made them good. Fair enough. So maybe Torun can gives us some of there young talent.

No chance of getting Przedpelski on a 5.5 average😀😀

Absolute crap.

But that's what it's going to be like Steve & whilst it is a joke it has been voted in now.

It's the same limit for every team in the Premiership, and all teams will have to work with the average a rider has been given in this new league... Calm yourselves!!

With the revamp of the league structure now in place the goal appears to be to lessen the quality gap between the leagues, which looks likely. People can moan about the lack of GP riders, but as a fan of speedway the most important factor to me is the quality/competitiveness of the racing. The best races I've seen in recent seasons have come from duels between the likes of Charlie Wright, Kyle Newman, Stevie Worrall, so this revamp will hopefully give us fans more of that.

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue
  • Like 3

1. Chris Holder 12.53

2. Jack Holder 7.16

3. Kyle Newman 6.31

4. Paul Starke 6.62

5. Troy Batchelor 7.36

6. Jake Allen 5.96

7. Dan Bewley 4.00

What do you think guys?

Not a legal line-up, no 3 point British rider.

Virtually impossible to build a decent team with a 50.00 limit.

It's the same limit for every team in the Premiership, and all teams will have to work with the average a rider has been given in this new league... Calm yourselves!!

With the revamp of the league structure now in place the goal appears to be to lessen the quality gap between the leagues, which looks likely. People can moan about the lack of GP riders, but as a fan of speedway the most important factor to me is the quality/competitiveness of the racing. The best races I've seen in recent seasons have come from duels between the likes of Charlie Wright, Kyle Newman, Stevie Worrall, so this revamp will hopefully give us fans more of that.

100% spot on.

People are to hung up on the quality of the riders i.e must have gp stars. As you rightly point out the best races tend to involve other riders.

Glad you can see the bigger picture rather than some on here moaning that they cant fit in the riders they want

• Like 1

Spot on. Best racing I saw last season was at Somerset.

• Like 1

Blimey that's 19.7 of the 50 point total. Does that mean that Jack would be in the 1 - 5. It seems it going to be tough to get into that 50 point target.

You would hope that there would have been several hypothetical teams discussed at the pre AGM and AGM to show how the system would work...