British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Isn't he 5.17 x1.4?

Poole are making an announcement soon on their first riders.

who knows, there was no announcement made on how they treat riders ho did not race in UK in 2016.

If you get him on that average well done, but it will be another example of Forsd being two steps ahead of the rest, and more incompetence from the governing body if they allow that. They need to be transparent, think things through and announce them before team building starts. just as they should have done for what happens for re-declarations.

Seriously, Gavan, you wonder why you get grief. Trolling on a Poole thread. Multiple posts where you blatantly mis-understood the rules, yet told people they needed to learn to understand/read. And when you finally realise you are wrong, you don't acknowledge it or apologise, but instead say you expect an apology?!? You sometimes post some decent stuff, but you really do pollute the Poole threads.

i misunderstood that premier league averages werent being converted but just being transferred and i held my hands up to that.

I said EDR riders wouldnt have a conversion and they havent had a conversion so i was right in that sense as Newman isnt 3.79. And yes i got that bit wrong which i admitted.

3 people told me that i should be annoyed because Newmans average was converted..........it wasnt.

I will apologise that i misread the rules

But so did all the others when they said it was being converted.

And technically i was right anyway as there have been no conversions so everything fits in.

• Like 1

Because he is British and liked by the fans, no reason why we can't fit both in.

Agree but when it comes to team building we only have 50 points and a fraction of a point could mean the difference between a team berth or time on the sidelines.

He is a complete troll, your post proves that. I hadn't read any of the above as I have him on block but it just goes to prove my point about him. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow and spews completely inaccurate inane anti Poole drivel. He can't resist. A couple of months ago he quit the forum but has now come back out from under the bridge like the troll he is.

He gets things so wrong as he hasn't understood the new rules, and then expects others to apologise? You couldn't make it up. Lol!

Still, best place for him is block. And there he will remain.

Did you or did you not say that Newmans average would be converted? Yes you did. You also had a pop at me for being wrong.

His average hasnt been converted like i said it wouldnt.

I rest my case

Ellis rode NL so it will be taken into consideration. The bspa won't put a young improving Brit on a false E

L average plus 1.4. The idea is to bring on young Brits not put them out of a team berth.

So we use PL averages for Newman after all. What a suprise. Bet that turnip Gavan is spinning in his Ford invalid carriage he tries to flog right now. Lol!

Can see what the bspa are trying to do but 50 is a low place to build to and some riders like Kurtz could find themselves out of a ride in 2017.

Pretty sure Matt will already have a good inkling of our 1-7.

I said that they wouldnt convert averages for last years EDR riders.

They havent

No reason for me to be annoyed as its at last a level playing field

I thought when i read the rules that they had converted all premier averages...........so yet again i was right in that it wouldnt just be EDR riders

I misread that its not conversion just the same average for all.

So just to sum up................i was 100% correct that they havent converted just EDR riders.

Are EDR riders from last season on converted averages?? ...........NO

Is Kyle Newman on a 3.79 like you said he would be??.........NO

Is Adam Ellis on a 3 like you said he would be?? ........NO

The fact that i thought ALL were being converted meant i was wrong in that assumption, even though that would have still been fine.

Edited by Gavan

i misunderstood that premier league averages werent being converted but just being transferred and i held my hands up to that.

I said EDR riders wouldnt have a conversion and they havent had a conversion so i was right in that sense as Newman isnt 3.79. And yes i got that bit wrong which i admitted.

3 people told me that i should be annoyed because Newmans average was converted..........it wasnt.

I will apologise that i misread the rules

But so did all the others when they said it was being converted.

And technically i was right anyway as there have been no conversions so everything fits in.

you didn't hold your hands up, but you have now. Good man. Admitting when you are wrong is a good thing. i'm not so sure you were technically right though?

you didn't hold your hands up, but you have now. Good man. Admitting when you are wrong is a good thing. i'm not so sure you were technically right though?

i always do hold my hands up and yes in some cases i make a prat of myself i know that.

Technically i was right as i said no way would the EDR's from last season be converted i.e Newman wouldnt be 3.79. So i was right in that sense.

Anyways apologies again

• Like 1

could you tell me what Scott average will be I thought at the end of season he was down to 6.something?

9.23. Could see maybe him, joonas and garritty being the bees hl next season? Unless you can retain kk, in which case I'm not sure you'll be able to justify garritty on an 8.55 when both joonas and Nicholls are on 9.35 and 9.23.

If Ellis had ridden PL last year, what do you honestly think he would have averaged. Surely it would have been a point more than the likes of Starke/Newman. Howarth averaged over 7, R Worrall nearly 8.5. So his 7.8 EL conversion is about bang on.

gotta say I pretty much agree. I fail to see why Ellis choose the NL instead of the PL but I think he would have done pretty well as its clear riding NL hasn't held back his progress. Sadly we will never know what his PL average would have been. But when you compare it to other EDR PL averages it seems fair.

I think its 0.5 too high. When you consider Milik would be available on a lower average, why would clubs go for Adam, regardless of his potential?

Perhaps you think Ellis should be a 2 point average because he doesn't have a PL average maybe? :rofl:

Compare his current average to the other EDR PL averages and I think it's fair.

Ellis proved this season he can hold his own in the EL. I'd be happy if Wolves signed him personally.

You obviously don't feel he is good enough to be in the starting 1-5 on that average (or is that more to do with Poole not being able to use him and Kyle again?).

Are two pointers permitted in the top flight? Thought it was just the second division.......

It was a little ambiguous.

It states the only difference would be that it was mandatory for all chsmpionship sides to have a 3pt brit reserve.

It then said if a rider hadn't achieved a 3 poin averagethey would be a 2. It didn't state that that rule would apply only to that tier.

If that rule does apply only to the 2nd tier, that means there statement that there is only one difference is incorrect.

But who knows!

i always do hold my hands up and yes in some cases i make a prat of myself i know that.

Technically i was right as i said no way would the EDR's from last season be converted i.e Newman wouldnt be 3.79. So i was right in that sense.

Anyways apologies again

All you need to do now is to get Kyle Newman's average right!! Its 6.31 for 2017!! (That's his final PL Plymouth average.)

Are two pointers permitted in the top flight? Thought it was just the second division.......

I can't see anything that says two pointers are only allowed in the Championship (going to take some time to get used to a Premiership and Championship rather than EL and PL). Think a fair few Prem sides will go with a two or three pointer at the bottom to make up for a big number one.

They have to be! Imagine the farce of a young Brit being 2 in the PL but 3 in the harder EL. Christ! Even the BSPA can't be that stupid can they?

Well according to this report today in the Polish press Jack will be at Poole in 2017 along with Chris who will be captain!

http://www.pomorska.pl/sport/a/znamy-sklad-get-well-2017-grzegorz-walasek-i-jack-holder-podpisali-wroci-michael-jepsen-jensen,11420239/

Blimey that's 19.7 of the 50 point total. Does that mean that Jack would be in the 1 - 5. It seems it going to be tough to get into that 50 point target.