British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

So Kyles 3.79 means he is nailed on at reserve.

With rumours of Ellis on a 3.0 using his NL average, we have our bottom two sorted.

Don't think you will catch many more.

The EDR is not a fair reflection of a rider's ability so It should not be used when gauging an average.

Nor is the GP a fair reflection of a riders World title ability using your same (strange) logic.

Newman isn't that good anyway he just happened to be the best of a bad bunch come the play offs. He obviously dosent think he is that good either otherwise he would of moved out of draft by now to prove him self. Beating national league riders must make him feel good tho.

• Like 1

Newman isn't that good anyway he just happened to be the best of a bad bunch come the play offs. He obviously dosent think he is that good either otherwise he would of moved out of draft by now to prove him self. Beating national league riders must make him feel good tho.

When did Tai Woffinden and Freddie Lindgren and half the field in the ELRC all become National League riders?

Edited by Joe Beevers
  • Like 2

So Kyles 3.79 means he is nailed on at reserve.

With rumours of Ellis on a 3.0 using his NL average, we have our bottom two sorted.

but your not a troll lol. Love the fact this post was liked by 2 people Starman and Gater. Kind of shows the mentality I guess. Personally I think they should look at all averages. If Kyle Newman is a 3.79 when he achieved 5.52 then I think it's only fair that should Tai wish to ride here again he should be about a 5.50 in second string role. After all of we can drop riders by 2 points like Newman then it has to filter through all the ridets surely Edited by Gavan

I would not be surprised if the 5 point Lindback scored for Poole were the most expensive points ever paid out. A great mistake.

Poole are one of the richer teams but I truly do not expect they could afford this.

I have written before that everything is up in the air until after the agm. My reason for thinking this is what form will the leagues take. With so many clubs in such a bad state will there be an EL and if so what top foreign riders will ride in it.

Personally I could see a top league of about 12 clubs butnearer to the existing PL standard than the existing EL. After that a second division with a standard in between the PL and NL. After that a small other league with a standard of the old CL when it first started.

This is not the way I want to see it go but at least we would have speedway.

This is the reason I feel the ongoing discussions/arguments re the averages of people like Kyle Newman is a little premature.

• Like 2

Would have Adam Ellis over Kyle Newman every time, nothing against Kyle enjoy watching him ride but I feel he has reached his level, he will always score at Poole and at Wolves due to his season with the spoons so knows how to ride it but must struggle at many tracks or else he would have been in the 1-5 more than Adam who every time I see him impresses me and I would have him at Wolves on his 5+ average as he will only get better

• Like 1

Would have Adam Ellis over Kyle Newman every time, nothing against Kyle enjoy watching him ride but I feel he has reached his level, he will always score at Poole and at Wolves due to his season with the spoons so knows how to ride it but must struggle at many tracks or else he would have been in the 1-5 more than Adam who every time I see him impresses me and I would have him at Wolves on his 5+ average as he will only get better

Rides mosts tracks well. Perhaps struggles at Swindon was excellentv at Belle Vue and is consistent at Coventry, Lynn. Lakeside.

Certainly improving year upon year. Don't think he has topped out yet.

Rides mosts tracks well. Perhaps struggles at Swindon was excellentv at Belle Vue and is consistent at Coventry, Lynn. Lakeside.

Certainly improving year upon year. Don't think he has topped out yet.

Wrong.

His 2015 PL average was 6.84 and has ended 2016 6.31.

He was ranked 2nd in EDR at the end of 2015 and is now 3rd behind Steve Worrall and Adam Ellis in the averages for 2016.

Certainly not improving year on year as you indicate.

In fairness to Kyle I'd say he has mostly maintained this season despite all his averages dropping but by no definition would that be considered an improvement.

Your thoughts Steve on those stats?

Agree.

I,d take Ellis to replace PK.

Might not do it in the first season,but long term(if not wanted by Lakeside)well worth the gamble.

Wrong.

His 2015 PL average was 6.84 and has ended 2016 6.31.

He was ranked 2nd in EDR at the end of 2015 and is now 3rd behind Steve Worrall and Adam Ellis in the averages for 2016.

Certainly not improving year on year as you indicate.

In fairness to Kyle I'd say he has mostly maintained this season despite all his averages dropping but by no definition would that be considered an improvement.

Your thoughts Steve on those stats?

He had two serious injuries in 2016, one life threatening. His PL average is niether here nor there concerning Poole. I believe he has improved and will continue to do so and has a bit more in him yet.

You are entitled to your opinion but if you saw his playoff rides I am struggling to believe you don't think he has improved.

• Like 3

He had two serious injuries in 2016, one life threatening. His PL average is niether here nor there concerning Poole. I believe he has improved and will continue to do so and has a bit more in him yet.

You are entitled to your opinion but if you saw his playoff rides I am struggling to believe you don't think he has improved.

at last you finally admit his Premier league average is neither here nor there concerning Poole so that rules out the 3.79 then! Kyle ride well in the play offs but he isn't improving. Good little rider but has stood still while others have moved ahead like Worrall and Garrity and others like Ellis and Starke have gone past him