British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Maybe we should ask mods to start a seperate 'Poole 2017' thread as all this talk on here of EDRs and 6-man teams with new race formats makes it seem as though Poole will have some additional influence over the rules and regs for next year?? ;-) ;-)

Why?

You have discussed team building of the Poole side and some (not all) are including riders on averages that wont apply, so the average of EDR riders is a huge part of team building

Little bit precious to start another thread

• Like 1

Why?

You have discussed team building of the Poole side and some (not all) are including riders on averages that wont apply, so the average of EDR riders is a huge part of team building

Little bit precious to start another thread

Not really. Want to talk about EDR go start a thread about it! Pretty simple really.
  • Like 2

Rosco and Horton both said that last year's AGM was rushed and things that happened wasn't right. I think the way the draft was conducted ( if there was even a draft), the heatleader list and not reverting back to the old heat format were the main ones.

Middleditch and others have said it was rushed/wasn't thought properly, but that's a bit different to saying its going to be dropped which was the post I was querying. Of course it's likely to be modified or tweaked up in some way but it's highly unlikely to be dropped completely because they can't afford to drop it.

That's my point about the BSF rumour mill. Someone says something, someone else mis reads it and the whole thing goes off at a tangent. It's like the six man teams, Jon Cook says publicly he is against it and we have people posting on here that they thought he was for it!

I think every clubs thread will have a EDR debate considering it is part (or was) of the team building. It's not been helped on this thread by Shovlar constantly saying that Newman would be under 4, he's a Poole rider isn't he?

Well if people are going to take over this thread with EDR discussion, then they can't moan when other Poole fans get fed up with it and start another Poole thread!

I think every clubs thread will have a EDR debate considering it is part (or was) of the team building. It's not been helped on this thread by Shovlar constantly saying that Newman would be under 4, he's a Poole rider isn't he?

totally right. The EDR and the averages are a massive part of team building so what ever thread in the elite league, on what ever team, there will be a discussion about the draft riders.

And yes there is one person in particular who keeps going on and on about Newman being below 4 when the rest of the people on here know that wont be the case.

If that person keeps saying that over and over and keeps putting teams on here with Newman below 4 then other people will come on here and tell him its wrong

Well if people are going to take over this thread with EDR discussion, then they can't moan when other Poole fans get fed up with it and start another Poole thread!

Its not EDR discussion its about Pooles 2017 team.

Perhaps if you can tell Shovlar to stop quoting false averages in his teams he keeps putting on then i guess nobody will mention the EDR.

The problem is we dont know what the criteria will be for the averages so we can only guess, i am sure Newman will be in the team anyway whatever criteria is used.

100% he should be in the team

Dont know how it would work but if he was reserve he should be a 5.00 and if he is in the team proper then 4.0 - 4.5.

The 'old' EDR riders should have weighted averages. Newman was in the reserve berth for nearly all matches so he should be a 5 if he continues there.