British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

I said Gavan and Co.

I wasn't just pointing out you.

Your contribution is the Newman part.

Newman only averaged 4.33 at Home in the 1-5. I don't understand where you get 4.5 to 5 from.

Because the PL is a tough league and the PL averages reflect on the riders true ability.

EL reserve averages are fake.

You can take up to 7 rides per meeting at reserve which would result in your average being increased.

Most of the time EL teams end up getting NL wobblers as guests gifting EL reserve riders easy points money left, right and centre.

And yet 2 of the draft riders Garrity and Worrall both have 8 averages in the same tough PL and that's riding in harder races as heatleaders. If they are racing against "NL Wobblers" then surely it's easier to score points

I said Gavan and Co.

I wasn't just pointing out you.

Your contribution is the Newman part.

Newman only averaged 4.33 at Home in the 1-5. I don't understand where you get 4.5 to 5 from.

Because the PL is a tough league and the PL averages reflect on the riders true ability.

EL reserve averages are fake.

You can take up to 7 rides per meeting at reserve which would result in your average being increased.

Most of the time EL teams end up getting NL wobblers as guests gifting EL reserve riders easy points money left, right and centre.

You said Gavan and co and referred to Milik. I never said Milik was a 7 so why you had to use my name is beyond me.

And if you read my posts you will see that i feel if Newman was at reserve he need to be a 5

And if he was a second string he should be lower to reflect his scoring abilitys. Somewhere as you have highlighted around 4 -4.5

What is quite clear from your post is one thing:

Kyle Newman finished on 5.52

You say in the main team he averaged 4.33 (at home)

So his average from reserve must have been over 6.00

And yet some on here see no reason why he shouldnt be 3.79 in the reserve berth???

You having fun again gavan

No not at all.

Just giving an opinion.

Tarred with the brush that its all anti Poole when i said Milik should have his old average and that Ellis could be an EDR - 2 things that quite clearly benefit Poole that im in agreement with.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. What I do not understand is why Gavin, Starman and others think they are the ones that are right.

What they all must realise they can put their thoughts but can not say x is going is defiantly above this average or should be that.

People always have their own favourite team but do not have an imput as to what the BSPA decide.

As I said you always look out for your team so all I can say is come on you Rebels.

• Like 1

There are some riders who perform better in PL opposed to EL (Sarjeant, Nielsen), and others who perform better in EL as opposed to PL (Bates, Newman). There are always going to be quirks.

If you want to create a fair average/grading list, you'd probably have to take both leagues into account.

It's just amusing how so many people jump on Newman's back simply because he rides for Poole, but hardly anything gets said about Bates who is doing practically the same for Coventry. Double standards anyone?

Seriously comparing the two? Bates started last season (2015) as a PL reserve with a 3pt average and has now progressed into the top 5 with a 5 pt average. He's improved in 2 seasons. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

And a good No.4

Not on his EL average I wouldn't. No value in Adam's EL average imo.

But tbf, Adam rode over half the season in the main body of the tea, so his average is a lot less inflated than most EDR. He and S Worrall have averaes which actually reflect their performances.

1 poor season doesn't reflect on Tai's ability.

However lets just say I agree with you for a second.

How come G​avan and Co think its right for Milik to come in on a 7.00 average when Vaclav has an EL average of 5.68 obtained within the last 2 seasons.

Yet the same people sa​y Tai should come in on his current EL average?

If Milik is a 7.00 r​ider in Britain then Woffinden is a 10.00.

Actually, I'd say Ellis should be a 5,5, Newman should be a 4.5, Milik a 9, and Woffy a 10.5. Ellis/Newman using wieghted average based on EL performances, Milik and Tai based on their performances in Poland/Sweden, given that neither raced a full season here in 2016.

If Milik comes to Poole for 2017 and the edr is being scrapped, he could start at second string with a 5 and a bit average.

Ellis and Newman at reserve is a decent start. Jack Holder might be in a reserve berth if not.

Holder 8.58

Holder 4.15

Andersen 7.15

Milik 5.17

KK 7.91

Newman 3.69

Ellis 4.00

Or we could use Kurtz and Gomolski in place of Milik and Ellis is he is recalled to Arena.

That side could fit as well.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Bates British U21 champion also scored well in the 1-5.

If MF gets on the phone to Josh then I am sure your opinion would change about Josh being a reserve.

I won't.

Josh would start EDR next year on a 3 if converted by pl again. He, like Kyle has an EDR average already.

If Milik comes to Poole for 2017 and the edr is being scrapped, he could start at second string with a 5 and a bit average.

Ellis and Newman at reserve is a decent start. Jack Holder might be in a reserve berth if not.

Holder 8.58

Holder 4.15

Andersen 7.15

Milik 5.17

KK 7.91

Newman 3.69

Ellis 4.00

Or we could use Kurtz and Gomolski in place of Milik and Ellis is he is recalled to Arena.

the limit wont be more than 40.5 if those conversions are being used.

It would be a farce if Milik, Ellis or Newman come in on those averages. And I would say that regardless of the team involved.

Hopefully teams will be required to have 3 Brits.

Holder 8.58

Holder 4.15

Andersen 7.15

Milik 5.17

KK 7.91

Newman 3.69

Ellis 4.00

Still banging the same old drum!! Good luck getting Newman and Ellis on those averages.

• Like 2

Still banging the same old drum!! Good luck getting Newman and Ellis on those averages.

Sorry but you are banging a drum as well. As I keep on saying only the BSPA will make the rules.

They may not be everyone's favourites but they are the ones with the power.

If you want to lobby them before the AGM fine but don't think any fan can do much else.

Edited by Sherborne Green

Sorry but you are banging a drum as well. As I keep on saying only the BSPA will make the rules.

They may not be everyone's favourites but they are the ones with the power.

If you want to lobby them before the AGM fine but don't think any fan can do much else.

it had been documented that the premier league conversion will be scrapped. Poole fans and speedway fans understand this and yes you are quite right until the rules are announced nobody knows what conversion they will use. But as everyone has said Newman will not be 3.79 and I doubt Ellis will be a 4, but yet you still have Shovlar building teams with those averages. I don't understand how 1 person doesn't actually understand how it works?

But Ellis is a stronger rider than Newman. Adam's scores in the 1-5 prove that. How can you include Ellis as an EDR and Not Newman.

When Ellis was better across the board this season?

Because Newman is 24 and started riding league speedway in 2007, Ellis is 21 and started riding league speedway in 2012.

• Like 3