British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

So we're saying Middlo doesn't have the Midas touch? That can't be true, starman says he does. Weird.

BTW, it's what I thought too. IT's almost as if when things start to go wrong Middlo doesn't know how to fix things. Unlike, as you say, Rosco, who has done it at Coventry and Swindon a few times now.

Ronald-McDonald.jpg

How can a team that started with Kurtz and Klindt be this bad? This season I bet more more than 10 riders have increased starting averages, Poole have two of them! Throw in Shanes small increase and Holder doing ok, why has it gone so wrong for Poole?

Genuine question, as it all seems so odd to me. On paper this Poole team was/is bloody great.

The issue is basically that Kk averaged nearly 5 less than expected, throw in the heat 15 impact and you e got a 10 point per meeting swing.

Newman averaged a couple less than expected and Klindt/Kurtz got injured and haven't been adequately replaced.

Holder hans and shanes have done their job, as did Klindt and Kurtz before injury.

• Like 1

The issue is basically that Kk averaged nearly 5 less than expected, throw in the heat 15 impact and you e got a 10 point per meeting swing.

Newman averaged a couple less than expected and Klindt/Kurtz got injured and haven't been adequately replaced.

Holder hans and shanes have done their job, as did Klindt and Kurtz before injury.

Not having a no.1 is a disaster - as proven also by Somerset. Tungate turned up for one meeting this season and we won away at Belle Vue. Since being replaced by Lawson and having a proper no.1 we've gone on to be undefeated at home and taken a point away at Leicester and a famous 3 points from Poole last night. A big no.1 makes all the difference.

• Like 1

KL are the same. Basically their issue is Holder and to a much lesser extent Porsing. Batch and Huckenbeck have improved their averages,lambert and rose have done their job and Bailey was as poor as expected. Like Poole the poor performing number 1 has been the difference between scrapping for top of the table and struggling to make the playoffs.

Who is talking about Michell Davey? Gater1? He is naming just about every rider that ever cocked a leg over a bike!

We need to improve the top 5 its obvious to see. Its not good enough.

Therefore it means we have to sacrifice Lahti and Starke for a middle order rider and a 3.00 rider at reserve in order for our team to fit within the 42.00 limit.

Davey is the only 3.00 point rider I can think of.

Yeah it stinks of desperation

Desperate times. The team is awful tbh. Been served a decent race track and they still couldn't win. Excuses excuses excuses week in and week out.

The Somerset second strings managed to score 3 points from 7 rides and that sums up our season tbh.

Don't know why everyone is having a moan about me suggesting Mitchell Davey. The problem isn't at reserve its the 1-5 and it needs improving massively.

People were saying its all KK's fault but in reality it isn't. Kennett got 7 points last night compared to KK's 5 per a meeting on a good day and we still lost so it proves that it's not all about KK

Its the 1-5 as a whole.

Joe Jacobs looking for a club on a 4.67 average. Worth a go considering he rides BV very well.

1. Andersen

2. T H. Jonasson or anyone Up to 6.15 (If only we could've signed KK on a 5.51 not even joking) Korneliussen and Michelsen also fit

3. Kennett

4. J Holder

5. B. Kurtz

6. Jacobs

7. Shanes

Edited by Gater1

Also there has been a lot of hyping up of a couple of riders that have not performed as we were told they would.

People always give Ford alot of credit for his sucess over the years (wont mention the fiddling😂😜) and yes he deserves that bigtime. But on the other hand he has created a few poor teams over the years and his judgement on certain riders not the best saying that he has got alot more right than wrong. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Too late to make a change I feel but you never know in Speedway.

EDIT! Just got a text from a friend of mine who is a King's Lynn fan and He said there is a rumour going around amongst King's Lynn fans that Robert Lambert might be heading our way. Don't shoot the messenger I just thought I would share it on here with you guys. That way it gives us all a bit of hope.

Edited by SpeedwayFanatic

EDIT! Just got a text from a friend of mine who is a King's Lynn fan and He said there is a rumour going around amongst King's Lynn fans that Robert Lambert might be heading our way. Don't shoot the messenger I just thought I would share it on here with you guys. That way it gives us all a bit of hope.

Your friend is wrong then.

Why would KL get rid of Lambert? Unless they are folding as a club today.

We couldn't fit Lambert in anyway.

It's certainly a rumour that's spreading fast.

But unless kings Lynn sack him then he can't sign for anyone otherwise he would be classed as withholding his services and therefore receive a 28 day ban like holder

Anyway it's all our in the sky

But unless kings Lynn sack him then he can't sign for anyone otherwise he would be classed as withholding his services and therefore receive a 28 day ban like holder

I would love to see Robert Lambert at Poole. Everyone is quitting their roles at King's Lynn at this moment in time so I wouldn't be shocked if this rumour turns out to be true.

Your friend is wrong then.

Why would KL get rid of Lambert? Unless they are folding as a club today.

We couldn't fit Lambert in anyway.

We shall see about that. Robert may have quit King's Lynn. Then again it could turn out to be a false rumour. Matt Ford would find a way to fit Lambert in.

Edited by SpeedwayFanatic

That rumour has been going around for a few years now,especially at the start of the last couple of seasons.