British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Looked like Klindt was riding to instruction to obtain an average imo.... wonder how many sheckels he got for that?? Fool hardy and irresponsible of both club and rider, at least doyley could ride the bike!!

i

Though what wouldn't make sense if that was the case was taking all 4 of his rides. Presumably he could have ridden one only, and then been replaced by reserves? And that would have meant ending with a higher average than he now has?

Not great for Poole he started on 5.42 and has only gone up to 6.21 and there is no other rider available on his average with his ability

6.36 on latest green sheets?

I'm not sure on what the figures are for Klindt, but I assume after last night his average has now actually gone up. Great news for Poole but bad news for Nicolai who would of done himself out of a job..... D'oh!!!

Not sure it changes materially. It was at 6.36 before the meeting, which is less than he had been averaging before the meeting this season. Don't have stats to hand but when the next averages come out I think it will be within about 0.1 of that.

Not great for Poole he started on 5.42 and has only gone up to 6.21 and there is no other rider available on his average with his ability

Not great at all - he has only raised his average by almost 1 point (from the reserve berth)!! :rolleyes:

What were you hoping for - a heat leader to replace him? :rolleyes:

Not great at all - he has only raised his average by almost 1 point (from the reserve berth)!! :rolleyes:

What were you hoping for - a heat leader to replace him? :rolleyes:

We should be able to get a reasonable second string but we cant unless we get a new rider on a assessed average below 6.21 which i dont think we can. A rider of Klindt's ability riding at reserve should be at least on a 7. The only viable alternative is Sedgeman in my view so the options are very limited. Edited by foreverblue

too high

Can't think of any who is comparable ability.

Klindt needs to have the op and rest up 'til next season while we bring in someone who, even though they may be less able, will score a few points a meeting. 3, 4 or even 5 points are better than the zilch Klindt will unfortunately score.

Klindt needs to have the op and rest up 'til next season while we bring in someone who, even though they may be less able, will score a few points a meeting. 3, 4 or even 5 points are better than the zilch Klindt will unfortunately score.

True but what if he does SEC and rides well, it was his first meeting back after all.

True but what if he does SEC and rides well, it was his first meeting back after all.

He's struggling to walk let alone ride the bike so do you really think that'll happen? If it does then fair play and in all honesty I'd rather keep Klindt if he can still ride to his potential. But can/will he be able to?

There are 2 or 3 Danes who might fit the bill to replace Nicolai - but there could be the issue of fixture clashes with the Danish League. Michelsen, Bech etc?? As indeed there are one or two Poles - Walasek, Wozniak and others.........??

Interesting comments about the track by Brady. He describes the track as a 'great race track' which has gone 'too soft'??!! But reckons it can be easily sorted before the next home meeting?!

Not sure what that means other than getting some new proper shale in and packing it down. I expect the airwaves between Poole and Spain have been quite hot this week!! :-)

There are 2 or 3 Danes who might fit the bill to replace Nicolai - but there could be the issue of fixture clashes with the Danish League. Michelsen, Bech etc?? As indeed there are one or two Poles - Walasek, Wozniak and others.........??

Interesting comments about the track by Brady. He describes the track as a 'great race track' which has gone 'too soft'??!! But reckons it can be easily sorted before the next home meeting?!

Not sure what that means other than getting some new proper shale in and packing it down. I expect the airwaves between Poole and Spain have been quite hot this week!! :-)

Don't think GP Greg or Wozniak would fit average wise i'm assuming any rider coming in who has an established average would have that average multiplied by 1.4.

Not sure what that means other than getting some new proper shale in and packing it down. I expect the airwaves beitween Poole and Spain have been quite hot this week!! :-)

If it is so easy to put right it raises serious questions as to why nothing has been done. The first match on BT was an excellent opportunity to showcase the sport, two of the best teams but a track that was potentially dangerous and denied riders the chance to show how exciting this sport can be. I doubt many viewers new to the sport will be tuning in in future. It was totally unprofessional and the authorities should take action, somehow I doubt they will.

• Like 2