British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Just watched the meeting. He was quite wobbly to be honest. Leading his first ten picked off by both riders, one being Karol Baran. (Where the hell has he been must be getting on but suddenly full of fast bikes and hard riding) got better as the meeting progressed but wobbly all the same.

I agree, but I actually think he just looks short of laps. Has the speed and was gating just not 100% into everything that he does at the moment. I think this break might have done him some good. He did something to all his bikes apparently. Not sure if he took his UK ones home or worked on them here.

Would be good if Matt could phone up Stadia UK and he could spend a day at the track getting used to it.

COuld not make last night! What did matt say in the programme anything interesting because that its usually good info??? Anyone know what he said.

A fully fit and confident Kyle Newman scoring a max tonight beating the British champ twice. Starke only got 5 tonight. As I said a like for like change. Pooles loss is Leicesters gain

Newman's development has stalled the last couple of years. I think a change of club is what he needs. Howarth and esp Doyle progressed a lot more after leaving Poole.

• Like 1

And you think Doyle wouldn't have progressed if he had stayed at Poole!!

I honestly believe Doyle wouldn't had progressed like he has....he became a good PL rider while at Poole but a steady improvement one season at Swindon then came into his own at Brum then more so at Leicester , being under the shadow of many at Poole may not have been as beneficial although having his shoulder fixed helped too!
  • Like 1

I honestly believe Doyle wouldn't had progressed like he has....he became a good PL rider while at Poole but a steady improvement one season at Swindon then came into his own at Brum then more so at Leicester , being under the shadow of many at Poole may not have been as beneficial although having his shoulder fixed helped too!

You cant say that!

Riders only progress at Poole and nowhere else........you must know that by now.

Darcy Ward and Magic Janowski only became the riders they were because they rode for Poole....at any other club they would never have made it

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

You cant say that!

Riders only progress at Poole and nowhere else........you must know that by now.

Darcy Ward and Magic Janowski only became the riders they were because they rode for Poole....at any other club they would never have made it

Well you have highlighted of the stupidity of the original comment, Doyle was pretty much always injured or coming back from injury at Poole, he developed in to a much better rider after Poole but many riders improve when switching clubs, just natural development not that the previous club was holding them back or the new club is fantastic. Some riders develop later than others.

• Like 1

The main reason Doyley has improved to the level he has is down to the successful surgery on his shoulder which he kept putting off whilst at Poole - plus he has a much more settled private life!! Poole never had the full benefit of him during his tenure due to the recurring injury. and some of his off-track antics (which are quite common amongst youngsters of his age)!!

Doyley was upset at continually being 'overshadowed' by Ward and Holder, and ended up voicing his opinion somewhat too publicly, hence the swap with Janowski which at the time was seen as good business and suited both riders and clubs.

Anyway not sure what any of that has to do with Poole 2017??!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Fantastic gp win for Magic tonight, lovely guy top rider. Just wish he was back at Poole.

Don't we all, something to do with averages i believe.. Ask the BSPA..

He is thinking about coming back next year!

Well I know from Poland that he is not liking Sweden that much.

I could see him coming back. He loves Poole and likes it over in the UK. Big bonus with Poole riders can do watersports! Less likely to get injured and safer than Moto X!

Nonsense, nothing to do with averages. Doesn't want to ride here. Accept it.

You have it your way, but that is the bottom line. All down to averages, and avaliabillity

Don't we all, something to do with averages i believe.. Ask the BSPA..

fool

nothing to do with averages......how did he get on in 2016?????

he doesnt want to ride here pure and simple. If he ever came back he might ride for Poole again but why would he want to ride over here? Only Doyle and Lindgren would offer any opposition and i doubt he would give 100%. Better to ride in the better leagues against the world best then ride in the UK