British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

I am laughing reading the anti Poole brigade running around like headless chickens because Kyle has a sub four average, calling him a ringer etc.

Got news for ya. He is a sub four rider. His average proves it and he is one of our reserves next season! All this should be a 5+ is nonsense. Next year hopefully he will be but currently his average doesn't lie.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The only nonsense is coming from you - quelle surprise!!

• Like 1

I am laughing reading the anti Poole brigade running around like headless chickens because Kyle has a sub four average, calling him a ringer etc.

Got news for ya. He is a sub four rider. His average proves it and he is one of our reserves next season! All this should be a 5+ is nonsense. Next year hopefully he will be but currently his average doesn't lie.

So you are still going on about his PL average.If they were to use them,then surely the likes of Rose,Jacobs and Clegg should have their averages reduced even further as they have inflated averages through riding at reserve all season.Whereas Newman has been riding as HL.

I suppose you would be against that as well as it wouldn't benefit Newman/Poole.

Easiest and simplest way is to take their averages from the time the EDRs spent at reserve and convert them.Look at the bigger picture SS and see what benefits British speedway and not just Poole speedway.

• Like 1

LOLing at all the "Newman is only worth X amount" he achieved his average the same way as everyone else. Why should Newman and Ellis get any kind of reduction? You either need to weight all averages (check out my averages thread) or you have to give all riders their achieved averages. You can't just make up averages for riders or use PL averages!

LOLing at all the "Newman is only worth X amount" he achieved his average the same way as everyone else. Why should Newman and Ellis get any kind of reduction? You either need to weight all averages (check out my averages thread) or you have to give all riders their achieved averages. You can't just make up averages for riders or use PL averages!

Apparently you can in Dorset land :rofl:

Try telling SS that.For what it's worth i think you are pretty much spot on with how you weighted the averages.

Shovlar yet again showing his lack of knowledge. Newman achieved his average from RESERVE!!! barring about 5 meetings. So he averaged 5.6 less his time in the main team makes him about a 5. To be fair it is only 1 Poole fan that still thinks the premier league conversion is in place for next season lol

Barmy to use PL averages for EDR riders, they should only have been used for the first year when there was no other barometer. What a rider did or didn't achieve after that has little resemblance on their EL status, and has massive potential for fiddling. Time this part of the system was confined to the bin.

• Like 1

Sorry I meant 5.00.

Newman is 4.00 tops.

I agree with you on Ellis though. Ellis should a 5.00 because Adam still scored big points riding at No.2 around Wimborne Road. Adam also chipped in with a few points away from home most of the time.

Joe Jacobs should be a 3.00 because he is a one track pony. I wouldn't sign Jacobs on a 3.00 average anyway because he cant score a point away from home.

Why?

Newman had a home average of 4.33 in the 1-5 around Wimborne Road.

Because I said so :t:

No. its the way its always been done.

so were GP and Polish and Swedish EL riders always assessed as an 8 until mysteriously and conveniently until the news was released that Lindback AND all other similar standard riders would come in on a 7. If one of the 'it's always been done' can be changed then there is no certainty the PL averages will continue to be used as a way of establish their EL average. About time too.

If he stays on that ridiculously low PL average then of course he will be a ringer, no different to Woffy's established average.

Sense should be seen that with 3 years of EDR experience and averages to use its time to regrade those with those established EDR averages or take their actual EDR averages into account for next season.

I have sympathy with Ellis's cause, he had no PL spot last year. With Kurtz being fairly useless and the Speedway chicane B*yawn*e Pedersen spending most of the year at reserve, he had a rough year. Being forced into the main team for most of the year. He rode well to attain the average he did without having a PL spot and only riding CL. He above all others deserves a reduction for riding over half the season in the main body of the team, I would give the likes of Clegg & Eliis (NL riders) a 3.50 average for the start of the next EL season. Surely his parent club Lakeside will offer him a spot. I'd take him over Bridger for sure. Newman has spent far too long being a match winning reserve, Ellis is 20, Newman is 24. Give youth a chance. Whch is also why I'd give Bates an average reduction rather than Sarjent. Although Sarjent annoys me constantly trying to jump the gate.

I haven't seen enough of the other ELD riders such as Rose & Lewis to comment. Don't think Jacobs will ever achieve anything away from the NSS.

I have sympathy with Ellis's cause, he had no PL spot last year. With Kurtz being fairly useless and the Speedway chicane B*yawn*e Pedersen spending most of the year at reserve, he had a rough year. Being forced into the main team for most of the year. He rode well to attain the average he did without having a PL spot and only riding CL. He above all others deserves a reduction for riding over half the season in the main body of the team, I would give the likes of Clegg & Eliis (NL riders) a 3.50 average for the start of the next EL season. Surely his parent club Lakeside will offer him a spot. I'd take him over Bridger for sure. Newman has spent far too long being a match winning reserve, Ellis is 20, Newman is 24. Give youth a chance. Whch is also why I'd give Bates an average reduction rather than Sarjent. Although Sarjent annoys me constantly trying to jump the gate.

I haven't seen enough of the other ELD riders such as Rose & Lewis to comment. Don't think Jacobs will ever achieve anything away from the NSS.

I think Steve Worrall was in the same position - spending most of the year in the 1-5 - and making a good job of it too - just like Ellis

I have sympathy with Ellis's cause, he had no PL spot last year. With Kurtz being fairly useless and the Speedway chicane B*yawn*e Pedersen spending most of the year at reserve, he had a rough year. Being forced into the main team for most of the year. He rode well to attain the average he did without having a PL spot and only riding CL. He above all others deserves a reduction for riding over half the season in the main body of the team,

Ellis has a "reduction". Because he rode so much of the season in the 1-5 he had harder rides and kept his average down more than if he had been in reserve.

If I had to sign an EDR, based on figures and what I saw this year, he'd be top of my list. Closely followed by Josh Bates.

Edited by SCB

Looks like using PL averages is the way it's going. I'm

obviously happy with it and the way it helps the Brits (yes, there are a few Aussies du/edr and even fewer from other nations).

Cook coming in below 6, well I'd take it all day long.

Back the Brits. Good times.

Why should Cook use his PL average? If they use PL averages it will only be for EDR riders.

I have sympathy with Ellis's cause, he had no PL spot last year.

But do we know if he was asked to ride PL? I hear that he was happy with EL and NL. I'm sure his dad would confirm either way.

Why should Cook use his PL average? If they use PL averages it will only be for EDR riders.

Think someone has made a mistake. Cook is an established EL heat leader, they haven't used his PL averages for a while now.

But do we know if he was asked to ride PL? I hear that he was happy with EL and NL. I'm sure his dad would confirm either way.

Think someone has made a mistake. Cook is an established EL heat leader, they haven't used his PL averages for a while now.

Kyle Newman has been riding in the elite league longer than Cook but still gets a reduction based on his dodgy Premier League average?.

The EDR has helped a few but there should be a limit of the time a rider is allowed to be their.

• Like 2